Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:53 am

Finally had a chance to catch up on this thread! I always forget how crazy the holidays end up being.

I didn't take photos before I packed everything up to fly home, but I wanted to thank my two SSs!

Santa one: I love my St. Regis body wash! It's seriously something I look forward to getting every year and you didn't disappoint! Hopefully the two bottles can last me through the year til next Christmas!
Santa two: there were so many goodies I hope I remember them all! A great little hiking backpack, delicious smelling coffee (can't wait to get home to my grinder and try this!), a nautical themed notebook, and a fridge magnet

Thanks to you both and happy holidays! <3
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:21 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
OK.... Santa is back at work.... I have spent the last 24 hours going through the 257 private messages I received while away.

Some of you are very upset about the value of your gifts received or not receiving anything at all. I am working on resolutions.

Several of you have never confirmed shipping or receiving anything.... so you will get another message from you.

I am sorry about any disappointments.....
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
Wow busy times, finally getting around to the thread.This lovely assortment of goodies arrived on the 24th. Thanks Secret Santa!

Old Dec 27, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Secret Santa this year was really fun! Love seeing all the wonderful gifts FT'ers received. If FT could launch a Christmas in July Secret Santa I would happily participate in a mid-year round of it too!
tcl and MissChele like this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:07 pm

Thank you Dogmatick

Originally Posted by gsch
Just got a bix box from my Secret Santa in London... with a nice handwritten card. Lots of presents in the box, including one for each of my kids... I'll post a picture on Monday.
So it contained two London mugs, a jigsaw puzzle for my daughter, an inflatable Concorde for my son, some yummy dates and a comfy slippers (not pictured)

Thanks Dogmatick!

Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:12 pm

A package just arrived from Japan! Yeahhhh. I'm waiting for Christmas to open the gifts...

Woohooo, I opened the nice Japanese box to find a JAL A350-900 model, a 2018 Calendar and a diary...

Thanks to my Tokyo-based Secret Santa...
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

Woohooo, I opened the nice Japanese box to find a JAL A350-900 model, a 2018 Calendar and a diary...

Thanks to my Tokyo-based Secret Santa...
I am happy that you like the gifts, I forgot to include a card with the shipment.
kaka likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by onthewaytoadventure

My first Santa did not identify him- or herself, but was great about sending me anonymous email updates about when to expect various packages from amazon. The gifts included a generous amazon gift card and a variety of items from North Carolina, where I am guessing Santa is from:

- book of photos interwoven with history by Hugh Morton, a local photographer
- pack of 1893 cola
- jar of Mt. Olive pickles
- bottle of Scott's NC BBQ sauce
- jar of Bull City rib rub seasoning
- Meyer lemon cookies
- Goody's headache powders
- a locally made bottle coozie

Thanks so much for all of the gifts. It was fun tearing into each successive package, wondering what slice of North Carolina would be inside. I really appreciate the thought and time that you put into picking out everything.

r!
Glad you liked it. I hope that you don’t need the Goody’s headache powder on New Years Day. NC is a great state. If you ever get down to Durham let me know.
Old Dec 27, 2017, 2:40 pm

Presents were opened on Christmas Eve, and all were delightful, especially to one happy member of the family.

When the Amazon box was opened, the cat pulled that gift out and claimed for himself. As it happens, it was for him, which was a good thing, because there was no way we were getting that Catnip Cigar away from him!

The other items were for me:
You can see that Catnip Cigar is already much loved. I had to swipe it out of the cat bed for a quick photo.

The box from my second Santa had something that truly thrilled this exiled Californian:
A whole pound of See's Candy!!!!
Plus a trio of books that will be helpful in planning my 2018 dream escape:

p.s. I almost forgot - thank you very much to both of my Santas!

Last edited by CDTraveler; Dec 27, 2017 at 2:46 pm
Old Dec 27, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Tokyo foodie killed it!

Thanks for the gift for my 1 month old! My wife and baby loved it. Fantastic products that we haven’t heard about! We may end up ordering more we love it so much! Thanks William for everything! Great gift and management of a hectic SS!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 4:34 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
So it contained two London mugs, a jigsaw puzzle for my daughter, an inflatable Concorde for my son, some yummy dates and a comfy slippers (not pictured)

Thanks Dogmatick!

Thank you for introducing me to Bateel, I ate one of their dates and my teeth hurt for the entire day they were soooo sweet ! So my wife got a box !

Hope everyone liked what was sent and have a very successful 2018
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:55 pm

Received!

Got my Secret Santa Gift today..........from my Secret Santa in Oakland I am guessing.

Sorry no pics - Opened up a nice soft Oakland T-Shirt; Knife; Las Vegas book and a pair of Golden State Socks!! This came along with a nice hand written card.

Thanks Santa! Cheers!
Old Dec 27, 2017, 5:57 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Good evening,
I want to thank OnlyAirFare for the 2018 Walt Disney World book and Games of Thrones box set. I received these gifts when I returned home visiting family this week.

Thank you so much for the gifts.

FYI-At the present time, targeting Disneyland in California for 2018. However, I will keep the book on hand for possible 2019 Disney World trip.

Sandra
sandratravels
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:24 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Sorry, im a bit late to what ive received in HK. Because i was already away (the ana fare to sydney- and i had a veryyyyyy long xmas day!) when the postman left me a note for a package while there was noone at the office on 20Dec.
Luckily, it is now retrieved after the post office reopened after the holidays and i’ve received some something from a ss from singapore.

its all video documented for the opening of the parcel(im still not back yet). So i shall try share the video some time later today! (Kicker: i thank SS for me being a shareholder of the company that made the product. A very big name company. And I’ve just been to their hq yesterday!)Add:
lets find out what i got! (This is still my closest connection w the gifts! I am looking forward to gwtting them on ny eve!)

Last edited by kaka; Dec 28, 2017 at 11:30 pm
Old Dec 28, 2017, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shutterbugguy
Thanks to FlyerTalk "Kaka" for the unique gift of "Bookiture": It's a book that opens up to become a stool! Very neat!

Secret Santa Gift from Kaka

This will make a fun conversation piece when we have guests. Thanks for the delicious aroma coffee, too!

-Shutterbugguy
glad you love them! Work and cheap flights got in the way so i didnt catch the msg when you first posted...
Just so you (and all the other FT reader knows) the coffee is from the late thai king’s farm- so to sponsor some local economy. And the bookniture, they are actually my +1’s client (her company is the denim manufacturer in Japan) and i thought its a very cool design from Hong Kong that you can use when you go out fishing by the harbour or have extra guests in apartment (flats in HK are tiny!)

just some coincedence, the day i bought the coffee, we ran into the shop selling bookniture at a shopping mall in bangkok!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.