Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I can get you one of those #GoPackGO

You can also get ear rings.

awww. Won't open.

gotta spend in US dollars..l will cost a fortune but would be so fun.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by yunicorner
I came home from my business trip last night to find a Secret Santa gift waiting for me! Squee! I got a scratch-off map of the US so I could document the states where I have visited the capitols. I'm up to 34 capitols so I've got a lot to scratch off. Thanks Secret Santa!

super cool and different
Old Dec 22, 2017, 8:55 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Part 1 of my second Secret Santa present has arrived and it's perfect! I love it! Thank you Rob!

FT Secret Santa 2017 present from Rob, part 1
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
I got two anonymous gifts this year: 1) a model USAirways A321, and 2), a rocks glass and decanter set with an accompanying Northwest Airlines mug! Thank you Secret Santa!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I love akk the gifts. Next year I might be brave enough to join. I know what I want... a Greenbay cheese head hat!
I can also get you this and much more!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
awww. Won't open.

gotta spend in US dollars..l will cost a fortune but would be so fun.
It is just a hash tag that all the cool kids are using these days. Here's a link:

https://www.wisconsingoods.com/Chees...waAsWeEALw_wcB
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by WIRunner
I must appologise to my giftees. Wrapping... wrapping is not my forte. I did buy new wrapping paper, but they're pretty rough looking. All three were sent today via USPS, and are scheduled for delivery on Friday, a few items may arrive sooner since they're coming via amazon.

I received a gift from Token385 with a card enclosed stated there were a few gifts from home. (In a strange twist, we are both from the same hometown!) Stranger yet, they arrived while I was in Wisconsin.
Included was: A Titleist logo waffle hat, and golf towel from Lawsonia Golf Course
a half dozen Titliest DT TruSoft logo golf balls in a picture package
two Wisconsin drink glasses (with all the important local sites.)
And two boxes of Hughes chocolates. (I'm going to need to hide these, probably from myself, or they'll be gone in one sitting.

Thank you very much, I look forward to losing some of the golf balls.

You are so welcome. Not to mention the many questions floating about in my head. Someday we will have to talk and exchange hometown stories.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
I love akk the gifts. Next year I might be brave enough to join. I know what I want... a Greenbay cheese head hat!
Join! I am a lurker since I don't get to travel nearly as often as I would like but I signed up for the first time last year. It is great fun!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: The usual suspects
You're correct MissChele, Secret Santa is lots of fun!

Santa brought me more gifts today, exactly what I was hoping for! Books on "Antarctica - An Intimate Portrait of a Mysterious Continent" and "Katie Gale - A Coast Salish Woman's Life on Oyster Bay" and a DVD of "Antarctica - A Year On Ice." Plus an Amazon fireTVstick. So now I can learn more about where I work (for a Native American Coast Salish tribe) and prepare for some upcoming travels while I recover from my recent surgery! Thank you Secret Santas!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 1:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
My second (and last) gift got to me today (just before leaving for the airport)! The box has got perfect items for my quiet nights! This Santa actually sent me a questionnaire and obviously chose these gifts very carefully. I am soooo happy to have participated in this year's!!! Merry Christmas to all flyertalkers!!!

That card and Elf Looks a little farmiliar we may share a Danish santa 😁 I too got a questionnaire before hand. Absolutely loved the idea and the thought that went into the process
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze

Originally Posted by kauppias
That card and Elf Looks a little farmiliar we may share a Danish santa 😁 I too got a questionnaire before hand. Absolutely loved the idea and the thought that went into the process
Me three!!
Old Dec 23, 2017, 6:33 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes

Me three!!
Very adorable
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

My second gift arrived via my alternative address, and was brought to me today. It has been put under the tree awaiting tomorrow evening as the tradition is in Denmark.

Thank to my secret santa shipping from the UK. Pictures of the content to follow when I open it.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Dec 23, 2017 at 8:03 am
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Remember to PM Santa wharvey with what you received.

Merry Christmas form the North Pole workshop. The elves and I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family. And to our friends in Australia and Asia, we'll see you soon. As of this writing, it's Christmas Eve morning in that part of the world. I'm half way done preparing the sled for Santa. You can follow his travels here... https://www.noradsanta.org/

The Elves and HE53.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 3:03 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
I just received part 2 of my gift from Rob. The items are beautifully wrapped and seem to be from Maine! The items are now under the tree. I will post photos of the items when they are unwrapped.

FT Secret Santa gift 2017 part 2 from Rob

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.