Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum

Thank you to the Santa for sending these welcome addition to my collection! The pillow will be most handy for those "shudder" long haul mileage runs! Wine glasses are always welcome. Now I have an "outdoor" one to boot!

Last edited by token385; Dec 18, 2017 at 11:02 am Reason: pic edit
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Package #3

I received a set of packages from Amazon today (which my co-worker said should be one of my gifts to him!). Three books relating to Apple (the company, not the fruit or record label) and some German Lebkuchen (Gingerbread). I can’t wait until Christmas Eve to break into the Lebkuchen!

thanks!
Jim
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:00 pm

I received a box from Amazon which my kid previewed for me. He says it contains 4 nicely wrapped items. They will go under the tree and I will post again after Christmas Day.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:38 pm

I’ve received my gifts! I will have to post pictures later tonight since I’ve been out of town and need to get settled, but thank you so much joshua362 and beautifuleva! joshua362’s gift is a generous bonus, but I wanted to mention it anyway.

Last edited by MappingChick; Dec 18, 2017 at 2:00 pm
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by token385

Thank you to the Santa for sending these welcome addition to my collection! The pillow will be most handy for those "shudder" long haul mileage runs! Wine glasses are always welcome. Now I have an "outdoor" one to boot!
You're welcome!! Normally I stay hidden, but I really loved finding those for you! I was like 'a tervis wine glass! Now there's a glass you can take outside and not worry about breaking!' And I would die without my neck pillow on flights. I had a regular one, but I updated to one from Athens this past May. I hope the gifts bring you many smiles
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JoelThomas

Thank you @ckidder331 for the gifts received! The scratch & sniff guide to whiskey aromas has already been a big hit! The "twisty" glasses are really cool and came in an awesome box, and will definitely put the whiskey stones to good use.

Thanks again FTSS!
OMG!! I LOVE your gift. Esp the idea of a scratch n sniff book. I wonder if they make one for wine....
Old Dec 18, 2017, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by tzvilev
Sorry for the delay in posting, but I received a wonderful mystery gift last Friday!

Thanks for all of the goodies, Santa!

Hopefully you like it!!
I also had such fun picking out stuff for your box. The mug might be a little small for real coffee drinkers but just thought it was the closest I could get your love for photography. Hopefully the tie wasn't too bold for you.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by wharvey
Good morning.

I am beginning to get concerned because many of you have not confirmed you have shipped your gifts yet or detailed what you sent.... or else people have received gifts and have not detailed in a message to me what you received.

I just sent out a PM to everyone who has not confirmed sending ALL their gifts.... that list is very long.

I ask that people work on their commitments quickly.... everyone agreed to have gifts arrive before December 25th.

After tomorrow, I will be out of pocket for several days.... so I will be unable to follow up on problems until December 26th.
The Elves serve at your beck and call.
Merry Christmas Santa, just in case we don't see you.

And don't forget, it's the 7th night Hanukkah tonight, with 1 more candle to go tomorrow. I better check my candle supply.

Kwanzaa starts December 26. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwanzaa

P.S. I saw lots of new and exciting toys for next year at our Elves meetings in LAS last week.
onetess and kirkwoodj like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received a beautiful bonsai tree from a Santa today
Old Dec 18, 2017, 8:30 pm

Secret Santa 2017 from Beautifuleva

​​​

Juniper bonsai from joshua362

Apologies for any crazy typos - I’m writing this on my phone, and the mobile website doesn’t behave some of the time.

My gifts from Beautifuleva, from left to right: Star Wars stormtrooper container filled with little candies, landmarks of the world coloring book (the title was cut off accidentally), Star Wars coloring book, a blank journal for my travels, a small plant kit (you put the “tongue” in the dish of water to create capillary action from the water dish to planting material), a cute fridge magnet, and a tin of stickers printed with vintage maps.

joshua362 was very generous and sent a juniper bonsai. I’m excited to have it out on the porch once it gets warmer, but it will live in the storage closet out there until then (as per the accompanying instructions.) I think it will be a nice addition to my little gardenia bush.

Thanks so much to both of you! I really appreciate it.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
My second secret santa gift came today I was suprised to get mail today as pur post office does not deliver normally on Tuesdays but she brought me a express envelope anyways

Inside I found 5 Country music CDs ���� one was damaged in transit but that can happen

Thanks Secret Santa from MA!
I will start listening today
Old Dec 19, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
I missed the delivery of the first gift on Friday, which was collected yesterday. A lovely handcrafted lamp suits my first home in the Cotswolds. I thank the Santa for the one-of-a-kind lamp!

Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:19 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa just wants to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. I will be offline after I send this message until December 26th.

We are again spending Christmas in NYC.... hoping that the lottery gods come through on Hamilton tickets.

Please keep updating me with your sends and receipts of gifts.
HeadElf53 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:49 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by wharvey
Santa just wants to wish everyone a wonderful holiday season. I will be offline after I send this message until December 26th.

We are again spending Christmas in NYC.... hoping that the lottery gods come through on Hamilton tickets.

Please keep updating me with your sends and receipts of gifts.
Happy Christmas and good luck on the tickets! Have a wonderful holiday, and thanks again for all the work you put into this to organize it for us. This was so much fun! :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.