Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Also, my gifts have been shipped and should arrive on Saturday. For the folks getting a package from Jim in Arlington, VA, the insides are not wrapped (sorry - I was trying to get everything to fit in each box and these were tight...).

Hope you all enjoy!

compubit / Jim in Arlington
Old Dec 15, 2017, 8:19 am

Secret Santa Gift?

I received an unsolicited classic rotary dial phone in the mail, via eBay - I’m assuming it was from my Secret Santa. It arrived a while back, but got stuck in the mail at work.

This is a nice phone with a couple of great thing: first, the phone number holder is there on the old metal dial (these are often lost), plus it has a 4-prong plug on the end (very classic 60s). If this was a Secret Santa gift, then Thank You!!!

(if not, I still have a nice phone!)

Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Wonderful funsies from my Secret Santa

My Secret Santa is a complete sweetheart given how she executed fulfillment of some suggestions from my "wish list." Festively wrapped presents arrived yesterday evening accompanied by a handwritten Christmas card which highlighted all good wishes for a wonderful Christmas. Thank you, Sandi, for the fabulous Set of 6 Packing Cubes, accented in one of my favorite colors and I'm looking forward to using them with much anticipation since I've never owned any before now. My husband dove in to the English Toffee immediately and pronounced it the absolutely best toffee he's ever tasted in his whole life. I love how it's a favorite "local" product from your town and has your family's personal connection to the company which made it. So completely special! And, my new earrings are so pretty! We had an engagement to attend last night, right on the heels of the arrival of my presents, and I wore the earrings to it feeling completely more dressed up because of them! Many, many thanks for your kindness and generosity.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update:

I have updated my files with all the information you have sent me.... I am a bit concerned about the number of blank fields... with gifts that have not been confirmed as shipped yet.

In addition, remember you need to detail to me what exactly you ship. Many of you say you shipped but do not tell me what.... so when people start telling me what they got... if they had more than one Santa... I have no way to give proper credit in my spreadsheet.

Also, remember, you MUST message me.... posting in this thread is not sufficient.
Sent you PMs with what each of my recipients is receiving. All assignments complete!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
I received the best Secret Santa gifts today from Kim (Mikozia). They arrived right at lunchtime and I tore right into them (I learned from Kipper ) I can't wait to soak in the tub with yummy scents, candles, and Peruvian chocolate or froggy shortbread cookies! Everything is local to northern CA and the handwritten note was great to read about all the products:

3 frog shaped goats milk soaps
Single bean source chocolate from Peru (and she knows the maker )
Meyer lemon goat milk lotion
a peppermint pedi massage bar
goats milk lavender bath soak
soy candle
a book Drunken Botanist about plants and drinks
a red rooster book for my daughter (we will read it tonight at bedtime)
a frog cookie stamp and shortbread recipe (we'll have to make them this weekend)
a peppermint bath fizz

Cookie stamp

cool goats milk soaps in frog shapes

Peruvian chocolate

Local products
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update:

I have updated my files with all the information you have sent me.... I am a bit concerned about the number of blank fields... with gifts that have not been confirmed as shipped yet.

In addition, remember you need to detail to me what exactly you ship. Many of you say you shipped but do not tell me what.... so when people start telling me what they got... if they had more than one Santa... I have no way to give proper credit in my spreadsheet.

Also, remember, you MUST message me.... posting in this thread is not sufficient.
I'm so sorry if I did not send enough information about what I received in my box. I know I sent the correct info for what I shipped, but I can resend my PM that says I received my gift and include its details if necessary. I don't want to overwhelm your PM box if the received from X PM was sufficient.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:09 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting, but I received a wonderful mystery gift last Friday!

Thanks for all of the goodies, Santa!

​​​​​​​
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Redhead
This year does seem slow.
Ditto. I’ve not received any gift yet, which might not necessarily be Santa’s fault, since Italian Post Service can be quite slow.

I just hope they arrive before Wednesday, because then I’ll be gone through January 7.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: SIA Gold, AA PlatPro, AC 75k, Hilton Diamond

Secret santa gift from James in Arlington! Thanks!!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Redhead
I received the best Secret Santa gifts today from Kim (Mikozia). They arrived right at lunchtime and I tore right into them (I learned from Kipper ) I can't wait to soak in the tub with yummy scents, candles, and Peruvian chocolate or froggy shortbread cookies! Everything is local to northern CA and the handwritten note was great to read about all the products.
I believe that life is short and we shouldn't delay doing things that bring us joy!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I'm so sorry if I did not send enough information about what I received in my box. I know I sent the correct info for what I shipped, but I can resend my PM that says I received my gift and include its details if necessary. I don't want to overwhelm your PM box if the received from X PM was sufficient.
If you have more than one Santa, send it again. Even if you don't send it again, you never know if santa said s/he sent more
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Smile

My secret Santa came through in spades! I'm so excited to have some of this food without having to drag it back with me from North America. THANK YOU from a very happy Canadian in Ireland.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

I can never wait to open my gifts. Thank you Aquamarinesteph for the awesome gifts. It's so, hard to find good biscuits out West I'm excited to give these a try. And I've actually been to the Loveless Cafe so, I'm particularly excited. I do hope the book helps to motivate me after the holidays. The art is from Sicily. And I love it. And Sweets! Thank you
Redhead and aquamarinesteph like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by jcnkc

Secret santa gift from James in Arlington! Thanks!!
Glad it arrived safely! I'm going to have to get one for myself. It's from a local woodworking shop in Fredericksburg, VA. (I've bought furniture from them - lots of great wood products (when I saw your likes, I knew where to go!).

Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:27 pm
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks so much secret santa! More than I could have hoped for x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.