Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 11:42 am

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Forgot to check mailbox on Saturday, stopped by on the way home from getting the wife caffeinated this morning and there is a package. Says its from London?! Immediately get a big grin on my face, I'm in a couple of international groups doing SS, so the suspense was killing me on the drive from the mailbox to the apartment, which one was it? Lo and behold HeavenlyJane came through with an awesome travel wallet, the only problem I have is it has too many pockets, I dont have enough loyalty and credit cards to fill it all up. I am super excited to use it on our upcoming trip to EDI and DUB in March.

Thank you!!!

aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by diburning
UPS dropped off a case of beer (Maumee Bay Brewing Company) today!
Enjoy, Maumee bay is next door to my condo. I don’t like beer so for any of my Santees that receive Maumee Bay beer blame my best friend and a coworker for recommending those beer
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Originally Posted by b00mer89
Forgot to check mailbox on Saturday, stopped by on the way home from getting the wife caffeinated this morning and there is a package. Says its from London?! Immediately get a big grin on my face, I'm in a couple of international groups doing SS, so the suspense was killing me on the drive from the mailbox to the apartment, which one was it? Lo and behold HeavenlyJane came through with an awesome travel wallet, the only problem I have is it has too many pockets, I dont have enough loyalty and credit cards to fill it all up. I am super excited to use it on our upcoming trip to EDI and DUB in March.

Thank you!!!

That's a beaut! (I travel with a similar one and love using mine.)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by b00mer89

Thank you!!!

OMG, that is gorgeous! I fly with this cheap pink one that keeps me organized, but wow - that is lovely!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
So a double post here from me because I couldn't resist ooohing over the nice leather travel wallet.

I mailed my gifts today to my Secret Santa recipient. I was expecting HUGE lines at the post office, but we waited less than a minute to reach the next available window. I've also PM's our organizing guru, so I hope I did all of this right on my first exchange here!

And I hope that my gift recipient enjoys the gifts as much as I enjoyed picking them out. One item flew home with us in business class from Italy, so it has already done a lot of traveling even before I mailed it. ;-)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Life Tip Pro:

You do not need to pay retail prices for UPS, or wait to pay at a post office. Anyone can create a UPS account and print shipping labels at home, and USPS offers click and ship as well. It is even easier if you're using USPS flat rate boxes, you won't need to measure or weigh things. For UPS, you'll likely get a slightly cheaper rate than you'll get at Staples or the UPS Store.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Got 2 more gifts-one Republic of Tea Roiboos tea from Sandra and 1 set of holiday Republic of Tea selections from an anonymous Santa. Thank you very much!
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold

Received my first gift from Jamie Paul! My dog and I absolutely approve of my favorite body butter- I love it . Thank you so much- I smell wonderful The travel size was a great addition, which will live in my carry on.

I have a box from K Johnson of Houston. I am going to wait to open, I just put up my tree today and need gifts to put under!
Redhead and jamesteroh like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Lisabeth

I have a box from K Johnson of Houston. I am going to wait to open, I just put up my tree today and need gifts to put under!
Good, glad you've got em. Presents are in gift bags, so you can open the box & put em under the tree if you like ^
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Received my first gift. Was a backpack, a really nice scarf and a book on feng shui.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:56 am

Programs: Too many
Finally had a chance to go to the post office and lovely surprise to receive my gifts from my Santa from Florida! (Thanks Tracy!).
Can't post a pic but i received 3 fabulous things from Purse N (which I've never seen before!). They're designed for your bag and include a handbag organiser, sunglass case (which is perfect as I wear glasses) and make up bag. I have a massive handbag so these will definitely be put to good use. Many thanks

Last edited by Jinxy; Dec 11, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
I received a box from amazon today (might have come in over the weekend, but I didn't check for packages sat/sun) from I'm guessing my secret Santa. Thanks Santa! Will open on Christmas.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:39 pm
Suspended

Gifts on their way to New Jersey!!!!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Lifetime Silver Marriott Bonvoy
Thumbs up Received!

Woop Woop! Hidden Mickey guide for WDW and an Amazon Echo Dot - I like this!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 9:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Received another package today.

Bike mount for my IPhone which will come in really handy to use with my biking GPS app, a Burmese cat calendar and an interesting book on Broadway musicals that I've started reading and will finish on my long flight across the pond later this week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.