Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by wharvey
Head Santa Update.

I just sent out the final assignments for the stragglers.... and trying to correct an issue of someone sending to someone they were not assigned.

Please check your messages and get onto your assignments if you have not started. I know from past experiences that this gets away from people and then I have people who do not receive their gifts by the deadline.

Please remember that you MUST send me a private message on what you ship and receive. Posting in this thread is not sufficient.

NOW.... off to see if there is any way to find reasonably priced HAMILTON NYC tickets for Dec 20 - 24. Anyone have any secrets on how to make this happen other than the impossible lottery?
I was just reading on one of the travel facebook pages that if you have Amex Concierge, you can call them. Good luck.
P.S. just tell them who you are.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:27 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I only wish I had a concierge... of any type!

Originally Posted by HeadElf53
I was just reading on one of the travel facebook pages that if you have Amex Concierge, you can call them. Good luck.
P.S. just tell them who you are.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by HeadElf53

A note to (new) readers of this this thread. I'm here to help. If your Santee doesn't give you enough information for their gift, please PM me. I'll send a message without anyone knowing who you are. I keep that confidence.

HE53
Please include the Santees screen name in the thread heading.

I'll be out of the North Pole office between Sunday and Friday. Some of you may recall from previous years that I'll be attending a toy trade show in LAS.
If any of the new Secret Santa's have any questions that you'd like me to ask your Santee, ask me sooner rather than later. Responses will be delayed starting Sunday; and the way some folks respond (yes I know, Flyertalkers may be out somewhere on an airplane), that only pushes out the response.

Santa wharvey reminds everyone to PM him when you send a package. He also insists that you PM him when you receive a package. It would be nice if you also posted to the thread what you received. Your Santee wants to know that their package was received.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
My first secret Santa items arrived today (I look at them as being a three-fer: Christmas, St. Nick's, and since today is my birthday Birthday presents.)

A nice tote bag, hot chocolate, chocolate bars, soap, a Green Bay Packer's golf towel, and a golf head cover set for University of Washington.

(I showed the Golfer, he had to chuckle about the head covers. He, his mother, father, brother, and all went to Washington State.)
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:37 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by WIRunner

(I showed the Golfer, he had to chuckle about the head covers. He, his mother, father, brother, and all went to Washington State.)
GO COUGS!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
A warning to those of you who ordered on Black Friday-I have had 2 (non-Flyertalk) gift orders from Black Friday cancelled because they were out of stock-days after I placed the orders. Check your e-mails. One was a shirt for my son (not a big deal-he had other things that he wanted). The other was a coat that I had purchased from a gifting tree that our office does for a local domestic violence shelter. Really, Kohls-it took you 10 days to figure out that you did not have the coat in stock? Bah, humbug.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Thank you B00MER89
I received a coffee cup, two travel mugs, amazon kindle (WOW!), christian rock CD, christmas ornament and stuffed animal and chocolates

Last edited by ckidder331; Dec 6, 2017 at 10:16 pm
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:56 am

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Originally Posted by ckidder331
Thank you B00MER89
I received a coffee cup, two travel mugs, amazon kindle (WOW!), christian rock CD, christmas ornament and stuffed animal and chocolates
Sorry for the UPS confusion on this(website is borked, gotta love logistics this time of year), however I think someone else needs some of the credit on one of the boxes. I had a travel mug, coffee cup, chocolates and a world of coca cola ornament in mine. As much as I would love to take credit for the Kindle and the other items, they didn't come from me
Old Dec 7, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA, Hilton Honors, IHG
Got my two packages how exciting, posting some pre opening pics. Will post the actual gifts on xmas day , family tradition that cant be broken.
*heres the edit with pics

Thank you Beth

and Thank you Second Secret Santa whoever you are: cool shark shirt, love it! and a mystery package

Last edited by debidovey; Dec 11, 2017 at 8:27 am Reason: added pics
Old Dec 7, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
Received two packages, one yesterday, the other one today. As an adult, I had absolutely no problems with opening them before Christmas.

First packaged contained a perfect cocktail set, always do a good nice set, that looks good on a table.

The second package contained a lovely Difford's guide to cocktails. One more excuse, for not to go out in the evening

Both of them are going receive good use, thank you, Angeloedades!

Old Dec 7, 2017, 4:50 pm

A package just arrived from Japan! Yeahhhh. I'm waiting for Christmas to open the gifts...

Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I thought my secret Santa gift arrived. I received a package via UPS from Macys at the same time as a package I was waiting for. I opened it up and saw it was my favorite cologne even spritz some on.

I then went back to the packaging it came in to see if there was a not. Turns out it wasn't even for me it was for someone 2 blocks away just same apartment number.

I'm on the twitter phone with Macys right now to figure out what to do.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I thought my secret Santa gift arrived. I received a package via UPS from Macys at the same time as a package I was waiting for. I opened it up and saw it was my favorite cologne even spritz some on.

I then went back to the packaging it came in to see if there was a not. Turns out it wasn't even for me it was for someone 2 blocks away just same apartment number.

I'm on the twitter phone with Macys right now to figure out what to do.
That is mildly humorous. I'm curious to know how this all sorts out.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Until today, I hadn't stopped to get the mail. Found two packages from Amazon waiting for me. I'd ordered one item, but couldn't tell which was which, so I opened both. Found the item I ordered in one, and in the other, a tin containing a card game, "You Gotta Know Pittsburgh," a sports trivia game. This has the potential to turn ugly as Mr. Kipper and I try to top each other! Thanks, jamesteroh!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, and United
Gifts have arrived!

I was away from home for a couple weeks and came home to some amazing secret santa gifts!

This was the first to arrive and was promptly pillaged of its chocolate by my teenagers. Sorry I couldnt get a picture but I hear it was delicious

I loved the individual notes with each item and to care that went into choosing them. As a single mom I pretty much get munchies own presents and this felt especially exciting to open. I really wanted to put them under the tree and wait until Christmas morning!

The walking trips through paris cards has occupied much of my evening looking through them!

Thank you to my secret santa JBA from Peoria Arizona!

-writergirllinds

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.