Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I plan to use an iPhone and a Mac, but if there's already a tutorial I can just go read it. I'm just not sure where to find it, but I'll start searching!
Easiest way is to copy the photo on to your desk top and then in the "Submit Reply" button there's a "mountain" picture (it is next to the smiley face) click that and drag and drop image to there. It will be hosted on IBB's servers. You can also do this with Imgur instead (this is my preference). Just make sure you have the iPhoto turned on your phone and Mac there won't be a need to transfer anything then.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by steveman518
I wrote a short guide in the wiki-one way is to transfer your photos from your phone to your computer, and click the image button (the little picture) when you're replying and upload the image there directly
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Easiest way is to copy the photo on to your desk top and then in the "Submit Reply" button there's a "mountain" picture (it is next to the smiley face) click that and drag and drop image to there. It will be hosted on IBB's servers. You can also do this with Imgur instead (this is my preference). Just make sure you have the iPhoto turned on your phone and Mac there won't be a need to transfer anything then.
Thanks for the help! :-)
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by steveman518
The wiki is not an official list maintained by wharvey. The official list is whatever his personal spreadsheet shows. The wiki is an unofficial list maintained by me (it says it right there at the top) with a list of gifts that have been opened and posted in the thread at the discretion of the recipients. I have no knowledge of who has shipped what to whom and who has received gifts.
it was not meant as negative towards you.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I have a suggestion for next year.

Start having the participants give their phone numbers. I'm doing a lot of my ordering for my Santees online and all these places want a phone number for the receiver which I don't have. Some items such as alcohol require an adult signature and if the giftee isn't home the delivery person has no way of getting ahold of them
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:51 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh

Start having the participants give their phone numbers. I'm doing a lot of my ordering for my Santees online and all these places want a phone number for the receiver which I don't have. Some items such as alcohol require an adult signature and if the giftee isn't home the delivery person has no way of getting ahold of them
I second this I had to request the phone number for my giftee too.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Second and final parcel dispatched! Exciting
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
both gifts going out today!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh

Giving out my phone number is one step beyond where I'm willing to go.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 6:54 pm

Programs: AC
First two packages have arrived at their destination in Akron, I hope they enjoy.

Second package will be dropped off in Toronto this weekend. Then I am done for this year! Super fun shopping and both of my assignments made it easy.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Giving out my phone number is one step beyond where I'm willing to go.
Google Voice numbers are free and easy enough to sign up for. You can just have the calls set to dump into voicemail and not forward to another line. They do expire after a while as well.
tcl likes this.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:42 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Tracking shows that the package arrived in the destination country late last week. Hopefully customs won't sit on it too long and it will reach my Santee soon.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:43 pm

Came home today to two more fantastic packages! malexander13 sent me two giant tea sampler sets and a mysterious santa sent me Pandemic Legacy Season 1! The tea was also wrapped in in Amazon's gift wrap! I'm pretty stoked to try all of them out!

Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Received gift #2 but have not opened it yet! Sending a PM to Wharvey now!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:11 pm

Received my gift today after coming home from a long day at work. So excited to have some new decor for my new home and some Canadian goodies to try out. Of all the times I've been to Montreal and Quebec, I've never tried or seen Farnham beer, so looking forward to trying it after my last CPA is taken this week!

Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Thank you Tony M for the following gifts
Coffee Bean gift card
Amazon Gift Card
Kona Coffee
Turkish Delights Chocolates

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.