Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Here's my stuff, thanks Santa!
Hope you like them. Salute!
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond

I guess this is my lucky Santa weekend-got home from lunch with friends to find this lovely Amazon package from Santa Sandra. The teas look great, and the Be Merry will be keeping me warm during my commute to work Tomorrow morning! Thanks very much!
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
First part has now been shipped to the secret santa - I hope he/she likes it
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
I fully intend to let my Secret Santa (and the rest of the board) know when I receive my gift, but I do not plan to open anything until December 24.

PS - Is there a tutorial on how to attach an image? I'd love to include some photo of my gift when I receive it, but I have never attached photos on the board here before.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
I fully intend to let my Secret Santa (and the rest of the board) know when I receive my gift, but I do not plan to open anything until December 24.

PS - Is there a tutorial on how to attach an image? I'd love to include some photo of my gift when I receive it, but I have never attached photos on the board here before.
Check last year's Secret Santa thread, I know the instructions were posted in it, maybe in the wiki. It's a headache the first time, but once you figure it out, not too difficult.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Micp3208
This was my first time participating and I am stressed because my giftee has yet to acknowledge receipt of the gift here on Flyertalk! I know it was delivered on Thursday. Is this normal?
Not everyone posts on a daily basis. Likewise, if people are traveling, the package may have been delivered, but they may not be around to know that.
Originally Posted by wharvey
Well, Head Santa got some very disturbing private messages over the past week. I was called "RUDE" for requesting twice that the person complete the registration properly. He refused twice to provide an email address and mailing address. Guess he wanted to be a truly SECRET Santa.

Have to admit, it was the first time I have been so insulted..... one of the reasons I question doing this year after year.

And another reason I have chosen to not personally participate each year... even though I have sent out two gifts for delinquent Santas for the last 11 years.
Some of us love you!
Old Dec 3, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph

Were you going to use a phone (iPhone or Android?) or a camera to take the photos? Mac or PC? It is all fairly simple now. I can walk you through it... I guess I could just do a writeup for everyone.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by joshua362
Shout out to Catherine (MappingChick) for the very appropriate gift just received! Being a traditionalist!I prefer for wait until Christmas to open and will report back then. Appreciate the personalization given my new little one.
You’re very welcome! Part 2 should be there on Tuesday via USPS. I didn’t have time to wrap them, so you can put the whole box under the tree to avoid any spoilers.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:27 am

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Originally Posted by WIRunner
Were you going to use a phone (iPhone or Android?) or a camera to take the photos? Mac or PC? It is all fairly simple now. I can walk you through it... I guess I could just do a writeup for everyone.
I plan to use an iPhone and a Mac, but if there's already a tutorial I can just go read it. I'm just not sure where to find it, but I'll start searching!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 2:12 am

I wrote a short guide in the wiki-one way is to transfer your photos from your phone to your computer, and click the image button (the little picture) when you're replying and upload the image there directly
Old Dec 4, 2017, 3:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue
It is nice to see that my package has arrived a few days ago.. and that it is appreciated. But...yet he or she is not yet on the list of acknowledge receipt.....
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:33 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Head Santa Update.

I just sent out the final assignments for the stragglers.... and trying to correct an issue of someone sending to someone they were not assigned.

Please check your messages and get onto your assignments if you have not started. I know from past experiences that this gets away from people and then I have people who do not receive their gifts by the deadline.

Please remember that you MUST send me a private message on what you ship and receive. Posting in this thread is not sufficient.

NOW.... off to see if there is any way to find reasonably priced HAMILTON NYC tickets for Dec 20 - 24. Anyone have any secrets on how to make this happen other than the impossible lottery?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I apologize for anyone's bad behavior @wharvey -- you've made it quite fun and easy as a newbie to the event. And I loved it and hoped it continued.

I see my package is finally going to be delivered today, it was supposed to be last Wednesday. They eliminated a USPS distribution center near me and we've just had all kinds of problems since. I should have done FedEx Ground -- cheaper and quicker at this rate. Sorry giftee -- but at least you can see when I sent it.

If there are any last minute needs for another, I can jump in but if not one was enough (and fun) for me this year.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Got my second assignment. It needs to be shipped to the other side of the ocean so I have to hurry... very little lead on what to get...... but I will manage!
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Meneer Guggenheimer
It is nice to see that my package has arrived a few days ago.. and that it is appreciated. But...yet he or she is not yet on the list of acknowledge receipt.....
The wiki is not an official list maintained by wharvey. The official list is whatever his personal spreadsheet shows. The wiki is an unofficial list maintained by me (it says it right there at the top) with a list of gifts that have been opened and posted in the thread at the discretion of the recipients. I have no knowledge of who has shipped what to whom and who has received gifts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.