Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 1:03 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Seriously, he can poll other Santas and ask for help? Because I asked already for more info from the recipient but the response they gave just didn't jog my imagination. I don't know what to get that person....
Sometimes when you get little or no help from them its just best to get creative 😂
Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by sperkins921
Seriously, he can poll other Santas and ask for help? Because I asked already for more info from the recipient but the response they gave just didn't jog my imagination. I don't know what to get that person....
No, I don't think the HeadElf runs polls. Maybe you can PM a couple FT'ers you "know" and ask for suggestions. Send along the info you've got and maybe somebody will be inspired.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:10 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by Redhead
yes they are both from me. Wilbur Buds are one of my favorites. I guess they forgot to include the gift notes. Enjoy
I had never heard of them, but yum!!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
According to tracking, my gift arrived at my Santee’s house this morning! I hope they like it!!
tcl likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 12:35 am
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Smile Thank you onetess!

A package arrived from Penzey's today and it smelled wonderful! I haven't ordered anything from them recently so I suspected that it was a Secret Santa gift and had set it aside. However, I was coincidentally in the middle of a spice blending project so my mum thought it was part of my supplies and opened the shipping box! Inside was another box with an assortment of spices and seasonings along with vanilla essence and a few colourful magnetic bumper stickers, a pin and a lovely note from onetess.

It's perfect!

Not only is the sentiment "Love people. Cook them tasty food" exactly what I was doing when the box arrived on my doorstep, spice-blending is something I do every year for friends and family with dietary restrictions. I can't wait to sample these over the next few weeks. Thank you onetess! Merry Christmas!

Secret Santa 2017
onetess likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 4:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by tcl
A package arrived from Penzey's today and it smelled wonderful! I haven't ordered anything from them recently so I suspected that it was a Secret Santa gift and had set it aside. However, I was coincidentally in the middle of a spice blending project so my mum thought it was part of my supplies and opened the shipping box!
LOL, tucking this away to convince Mr. Kipper to open my presents early...
Old Nov 29, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: Everything
Wilbur Chocolates are magical!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
So glad you liked it!! Penzeys is right near where I live and when I read your information they immediately came to mind. I love all they stand for. Have a wonderful holiday!!

Originally Posted by tcl
A package arrived from Penzey's today and it smelled wonderful! I haven't ordered anything from them recently so I suspected that it was a Secret Santa gift and had set it aside. However, I was coincidentally in the middle of a spice blending project so my mum thought it was part of my supplies and opened the shipping box! Inside was another box with an assortment of spices and seasonings along with vanilla essence and a few colourful magnetic bumper stickers, a pin and a lovely note from onetess.

It's perfect!

Not only is the sentiment "Love people. Cook them tasty food" exactly what I was doing when the box arrived on my doorstep, spice-blending is something I do every year for friends and family with dietary restrictions. I can't wait to sample these over the next few weeks. Thank you onetess! Merry Christmas!

Secret Santa 2017

Last edited by onetess; Nov 29, 2017 at 6:23 am Reason: Typo
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
my first secret santa gift arrived the package was addressed to my handle here and my real name caused some confusion at the post office the kids liked the cabdy money and ate them promtly we all tried guessing what they are, possibly musical xmas coming up. I will update after Xmas

Thanks Santa!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:23 am

Programs: Delta Plat
I see all the pretty gifts wrapped, and I feel bad. I didn't have the one I sent wrapped.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
I see all the pretty gifts wrapped, and I feel bad. I didn't have the one I sent wrapped.
Bah humbug!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Since I sent it direct, it will get there a week earlier than if I sent it to myself, wrapped it and sent it out again. Maybe the speed will make up for the lack of festiveness.

There will be another package going out so I will make it extra fancy.

MissChele

Last edited by MissChele; Nov 29, 2017 at 8:27 am
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:40 am

When I send gifts internationally I never wrap them. If I send them within the country like this year I send them wrapped. This is just because of customs service inspections
Old Nov 29, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by diburning
My first gift arrived yesterday! Thank you, Santa! I can now be lazy and shut off the lights from my phone instead of getting up to hit the light switch

Wow.. Santa likes you!
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:17 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update:

I do hope people are taking care of buying and shipping their gifts.... I have a lot of empty spaces in my spreadsheet!

Reminder... when you ship or receive a gift... you have to send me a PM with details on what the gift was and any tracking information.

Finally, I have one final assignment to do tomorrow. I could use a few more Santas.... so let me know if you want another assignment. One would be international.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.