Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum

I got this package today, shipped via Fishpond. I know the shipping point is not necessarily related to the shippers location, but it came from New Zealand. This has a size that I will bring for the Xmas tree in Denmark. So Picture of content will have to wait a bit still.

That being said, it looks and feels like it could be a book, which is always a highly appreciated gift.

An early thank you to my Secret Santa.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Gifts to my 2 giftees have been bough. One has already been shipped, and the next one will be shipped by seller next week.

Hope they like them.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 5:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I arrived home from work today to two packages

package #1 was a box of chocolates and some cocoa scented lotion from a Pennsylvania based chocolatier - YUM!!!

package #2 was a box from Bath and Body Works with a variety of bath bombs and shower gel. It didn't have any note or indication that it was from my Secret Santa, but if it's from you - Thank you!

I'm not responsible for that, but I enjoy Wilbur chocolates. I usually receive Wilbur buds as a Christmas present from a contractor each year. They don't last long.
HeavenlyJane likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kipper
This is why I like Amazon Prime. If I fail at mailing, I can count on them.
So I thought too, until I realized that shipping less than a pound literally was like $35 and FASTER through USPS. Through Amazon, their cheapest international shipping would not have had tracking and wouldn't have arrived any earlier than 23 December- and this was on something that was purchased Monday before Thanksgiving. If I wanted the same time scale of USPS, I would've had to pay something like $67. I was like .

*note, this was on an international package
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
I'm up to date as of this writing.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by token385
Just got back from my EZE MR to a box that I am going to assume came from a SecretSanta. Because of all the other boxes, I may have "accidentally" open it. But have already put them to work!

Thank you Santa?!?!
Is there a logo on the glass? It looks like it from the crop of the pic.

What is more concerning is what was in the glass and was it yummy? hahahahaha
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
I have my gift all boxed up and will stop off at the post office in the AM. I bought only things made in Wisconsin (where I live) so I hope this person enjoys a melange of artisan food products from the upper midwest. It was hard not to eat the chocolates when I boxed it up.
Where in WI are you? My alma mater is WI (go Badgers, Panthers, Phoenix and the 50 other UW campuses) so I spent some time in the southern half the state. We used to run down to Chicago on the commuter line and go drinking at Rush and Division on the weekends. Wonder if that's still a bar scene area?

I liked WI okay, but the food was a total culture shock for me- I grew up in SE VA where seafood is a way of life. Pretty much, I learned to embrace beef smothered in cheese and butter and other fried things. lol
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Where in WI are you? My alma mater is WI (go Badgers, Panthers, Phoenix and the 50 other UW campuses) so I spent some time in the southern half the state. We used to run down to Chicago on the commuter line and go drinking at Rush and Division on the weekends. Wonder if that's still a bar scene area?

I liked WI okay, but the food was a total culture shock for me- I grew up in SE VA where seafood is a way of life. Pretty much, I learned to embrace beef smothered in cheese and butter and other fried things. lol
I'm live in Madison and grew up in rural Wisconsin. I'm not a huge butter fan but the cheese here is of insane quality. I struggle with the usually low cheese when I travel -- unless it's from Wisconsin It is indeed tough to find good seafood here unless you want to spend $$$$. I can get a delightful 5 year cheddar at the gas station here!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by missydarlin
I arrived home from work today to two packages

package #1 was a box of chocolates and some cocoa scented lotion from a Pennsylvania based chocolatier - YUM!!!

package #2 was a box from Bath and Body Works with a variety of bath bombs and shower gel. It didn't have any note or indication that it was from my Secret Santa, but if it's from you - Thank you!

yes they are both from me. Wilbur Buds are one of my favorites. I guess they forgot to include the gift notes. Enjoy
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:14 am

You know what I do miss? Culver's. No....Kopp's. I miss Kopp's more than Culver's. Oh the frozen custard from there was divine.

I had a friend who lived in GB at that time and the first time I went out to a burger place with her when they told me what all went on it, I was like "yeah, can you leave the butter off?" and the waitress acted like I'd copulated right in front of the Pope. lol.

She was all like "honey, you're not from around here, are you?"

And true story? I WAS a football fan. Then I spent 4 years in WI, and that ended my love of football. Ironically, I'd been a Packers fan. But the degree to which people take their love for the Packers in WI was quite frankly terrifying. And you couldn't escape a game. It was EVERYWHERE. That's my one bad memory of WI.

But the fact that you can find good cheese at a gas station, yeah, I can't debate that. Good cheese is everywhere up there. And the sausage! Don't even get me started on the sausage.

Originally Posted by bergamini
I'm live in Madison and grew up in rural Wisconsin. I'm not a huge butter fan but the cheese here is of insane quality. I struggle with the usually low cheese when I travel -- unless it's from Wisconsin It is indeed tough to find good seafood here unless you want to spend $$$$. I can get a delightful 5 year cheddar at the gas station here!
Old Nov 28, 2017, 11:15 am

3 down, 4 half done with the remaining due today or tomorrow. It's just that last one whose gift is making me scratch my head.

How do I take a lifeline and ask the audience again?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA, Amex, HH, MP
mine are all ready to ship, however we ship ours after the first weekend of December I enjoy that anticipation, as well I will post pictures of the boxes from my Secret lov***...errr Santas when they arrive and will post the gifts on xmas day, one tradition in our household we cannot break. A lot of joy here and a good group of people, thanks for letting me and my wife be apart of it again, 5th year now
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by sperkins921
3 down, 4 half done with the remaining due today or tomorrow. It's just that last one whose gift is making me scratch my head.

How do I take a lifeline and ask the audience again?
Send a PM to HeadElf53. Scroll up thread until you find a post by him, then click on his handle to get to messaging.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Send a PM to HeadElf53. Scroll up thread until you find a post by him, then click on his handle to get to messaging.
Seriously, he can poll other Santas and ask for help? Because I asked already for more info from the recipient but the response they gave just didn't jog my imagination. I don't know what to get that person....
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
One down, two done by Friday. Last one needs a little more thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.