Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I have my gift all boxed up and will stop off at the post office in the AM. I bought only things made in Wisconsin (where I live) so I hope this person enjoys a melange of artisan food products from the upper midwest. It was hard not to eat the chocolates when I boxed it up.
Redhead likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Originally Posted by bergamini
I have my gift all boxed up and will stop off at the post office in the AM. I bought only things made in Wisconsin (where I live) so I hope this person enjoys a melange of artisan food products from the upper midwest. It was hard not to eat the chocolates when I boxed it up.
Oh how I miss Wisconsin, grew up an hr north of MSN and always enjoyed watching the airwing do touch and go's when taking the grandparents to the airport. The cheese and sausage is second to none, i'll have to bring more back south with me next time i return home...

One lucky person is getting that box.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 2:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by b00mer89
Oh how I miss Wisconsin, grew up an hr north of MSN and always enjoyed watching the airwing do touch and go's when taking the grandparents to the airport. The cheese and sausage is second to none, i'll have to bring more back south with me next time i return home...

One lucky person is getting that box.
I grew up in Portage -- just under an hour north of MSN, so maybe close to where you did?

If so, one of the smaller gifts is a Cow Pie haha, hope they have a sense of humor. They make them in dark chocolate now!
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I'm hoping that it's me
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just got back from my EZE MR to a box that I am going to assume came from a SecretSanta. Because of all the other boxes, I may have "accidentally" open it. But have already put them to work!

Thank you Santa?!?!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Finished my shopping and packaged most of the items myself so apologies to my Giftees as my skills evidently are not on the professional level (according to my kids) one assignment had requested gift cards so that is what I ordered, I usually steer clear of them but I also see that some people might not want to risk it with my taste in stuff

this is always fun for me, I do stress about getting gifts that are fun, useful and often a little travel related. this year I let my kids choose one item as well, so there may be a little oddity in the package

Happy holidays to everyone and hopefully my gifts will be received well and with a happy end result.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Redhead
I've already worn the aweome RBG t-shirt and I love the beach towel - will be great at the pool this summer. Also included but not shown in pics. Shrinky DInks jewelry kit, mints, and a But No Elephants book for my daughter (which we've already read several times) - thanks again Santa. 3 more presents to come from other Santas! I love this. Several packages mailed, several more being wrapped tonight
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
this is always fun for me, I do stress about getting gifts that are fun, useful and often a little travel related. this year I let my kids choose one item as well, so there may be a little oddity in the package
My kid always helps with choosing the gifts to send. I think it's his favorite shopping of the whole year.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
My kid always helps with choosing the gifts to send. I think it's his favorite shopping of the whole year.
Heh my kids wanted to join in next year 😀😀😀 they have status and travel with me so I guess this was the logical progression 😂 only my youngest has no status card YET 👍
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:08 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Originally Posted by diburning
Oops, I did tick the gift box, but did not write Unsolicited Gift. Do you think that my giftee will have problems? This is the first time I've sent anything international through the mail (in the past, I would simply order the gifts from their local Amazon site to save me the shipping cost). The package was sent to Canada if that matters.
It should be OK as long as the "gift" box is checked. Some countries differentiate between gift and unsolicited gifts for import duty and tax fees.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 12:15 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by Redhead
I've already worn the aweome RBG t-shirt and I love the beach towel - will be great at the pool this summer. Also included but not shown in pics. Shrinky DInks jewelry kit, mints, and a But No Elephants book for my daughter (which we've already read several times) - thanks again Santa. 3 more presents to come from other Santas! I love this. Several packages mailed, several more being wrapped tonight
I just got back from traveling for Thanksgiving and had a package on my front porch from Redhead! I will wait until part 2 of 2 gets here before posting a picture...but I'm already loving part 1 because I get to dabble in some international culinary arts! Cannot wait!!!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by obunewbie17
I just got back from traveling for Thanksgiving and had a package on my front porch from Redhead! I will wait until part 2 of 2 gets here before posting a picture...but I'm already loving part 1 because I get to dabble in some international culinary arts! Cannot wait!!!

Hint - part two will have some suggestions on how to use part 1
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 1:57 pm

So exciting! A lot of fantastic gifts already. I’m sending out my gifts to their respective recipients in stages this week since I don’t want to wait for everything to be delivered to me for repackaging. Hope to have everything wrapped and mailed by the end of the week. Part 1 of Gift 1 is on its way!
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: SkyTean, Star Alliance, HHonors
I got my gift from HWGeek ten days ago, but I haven't been on FT much in the interim. Here's my low quality, fuzzy picture of what I got (I just could not manage to get a good one today, maybe because my hands are a bit shaky):

It's a thermoelectric cooler, I'll be putting it in my upstairs office. I need to clean and rearrange it to find a good place for it, but I've been meaning to to that for a while anyway
Old Nov 27, 2017, 11:08 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Thanks Santa!

I arrived home from work today to two packages

package #1 was a box of chocolates and some cocoa scented lotion from a Pennsylvania based chocolatier - YUM!!!

package #2 was a box from Bath and Body Works with a variety of bath bombs and shower gel. It didn't have any note or indication that it was from my Secret Santa, but if it's from you - Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.