Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:26 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
I'm all caught up on the messages that I received. Now if only I'd get a response(s).
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Last package sent! I hope my giftee likes the things I have sent!

Nothing received yet on my end, but USPS tells me that I have a package from DHL arriving eventually, and Amazon tells me that I have one coming as well!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by diburning
Nothing received yet on my end, but USPS tells me that I have a package from DHL arriving eventually, and Amazon tells me that I have one coming as well!
It's still a month until Christmas, have a little patience.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
I'm all caught up on the messages that I received. Now if only I'd get a response(s).
legit
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:57 am

My package is in the mail!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 1:38 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update: Many of you reached out to me to get additional information/questions for your assignment. I sent out all the messages.... but have not heard back from several people.

Know that HeadElf does not know your assignments.... so he can only help if you tell him who you have a question on or need additional information from.

If any of you want to give/receive an additional gift, let me know. I will probably do one final assignment last week.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
It's still a month until Christmas, have a little patience.
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being impatient and wanting to celebrate the Christmas season, as opposed to one day.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Hey, there's nothing wrong with being impatient and wanting to celebrate the Christmas season, as opposed to one day.
And tomorrow we will celebrate the season by detangling ~600 lights, retrieving the ladder from the basement and trying to locate the plastic hook thingamajigs that slide into the eaves and trying to avoid serious injury as we decorate the house, followed closely by a round of eggnog and cookies. Lots of ways to celebrate!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
And tomorrow we will celebrate the season by detangling ~600 lights, retrieving the ladder from the basement and trying to locate the plastic hook thingamajigs that slide into the eaves and trying to avoid serious injury as we decorate the house, followed closely by a round of eggnog and cookies. Lots of ways to celebrate!
Not my kind of celebrating. Presents are my kind of celebrating!
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:55 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Just a friendly reminder that the USPS deadline for international mail (both First Class mail and Priority Mail) to arrive by Christmas is Nov 30th for African and Central & South American countries, and Dec 7th for the rest of the world. So that's this Monday (Cyber Monday) and the following Tuesday.

If you're a procrastinator, USPS Priority Express International deadline is Dec 7, 9 and 14 at three to four times the cost of First Class mail.

and please remember to tick the "gift" box and write "Unsolicited Gift" across the shipping box in large legible letters. In years past, some Santees had to pay import duty and taxes over the value of the gift before even seeing the package.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
The annual Christmas shopping begins tomorrow. Should have this out next weekend.

Depending on when mine arrives, I may not get to open until after NYE as I'm bouncing around a LOT this year. But if it's home before mid-December, I'll open it as soon as it comes.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by tcl
Just a friendly reminder that the USPS deadline for international mail (both First Class mail and Priority Mail) to arrive by Christmas is Nov 30th for African and Central & South American countries, and Dec 7th for the rest of the world. So that's this Monday (Cyber Monday) and the following Tuesday.

If you're a procrastinator, USPS Priority Express International deadline is Dec 7, 9 and 14 at three to four times the cost of First Class mail.

and please remember to tick the "gift" box and write "Unsolicited Gift" across the shipping box in large legible letters. In years past, some Santees had to pay import duty and taxes over the value of the gift before even seeing the package.
This is why I like Amazon Prime. If I fail at mailing, I can count on them.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by tcl

Oops, I did tick the gift box, but did not write Unsolicited Gift. Do you think that my giftee will have problems? This is the first time I've sent anything international through the mail (in the past, I would simply order the gifts from their local Amazon site to save me the shipping cost). The package was sent to Canada if that matters.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:06 pm

My first gift arrived yesterday! Thank you, Santa! I can now be lazy and shut off the lights from my phone instead of getting up to hit the light switch

Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC

My Secret Santa gift from singtx!
Originally Posted by singtx
Ordered and sent the gift. I had a hard time figuring out what to get and online research didn't produce the results of earlier years! Hope you like the gift...its my favorite product!

Happy thanksgiving!
@singtx I received it last night and I LOVE IT! Thank you! I am going to Shanghai next week and the Aesop products will come in quite handy. Very classy!

Last edited by bergamini; Nov 26, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.