Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Morning all!

Just a quick one, what's the deal with sending the gifts, do we drop hits to our identities, or do we just keep schtum?

Ta muchly,

ILP
Old Nov 22, 2017, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
Morning all!

Just a quick one, what's the deal with sending the gifts, do we drop hits to our identities, or do we just keep schtum?

Ta muchly,

ILP
It's personal choice. Some prefer to keep the "Secret" in the Secret Santa, others sign their real name, some their FT handle.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Second gift sent today. My mission as santa is completed. I hope the gifts are well received and that the recipient enjoys them.

Just realised I forgot to include a note in the second package, so I may need to add a follow up shipment.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by ILikePancakes
Morning all!

Ta muchly,

ILP
Totally up to you. Some people identify themselves, others don't, others will identify themselves by handle, others use their real names. I sometimes do, sometimes don't. I've made some great friends through this, and found out that, years ago, had we not adopted Mauser, an FTer would've pulled him for a rescue.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 12:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Tracking tells me the parcel is out for delivery!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Ordered and sent the gift. I had a hard time figuring out what to get and online research didn't produce the results of earlier years! Hope you like the gift...its my favorite product!

Happy thanksgiving!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Waiting on packages from non-amazon sources is very frustrating... ordered 5 days ago, still waiting the hand off from shipper to USPS according to tracking

Bright side, a virtual gift card shows already delivered... but was kinda bummed there was no physical GC option

How have people handled that previously, or just send the virtual and lack some of the excitement?
Old Nov 22, 2017, 11:54 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Ive done my shopping just waiting for some addittional shipping ibfo from headelf

But I received this morning a email from my secret santa (very anonomous) asking me some very FUN addittional questions sure did cheer my day up ������ thanks for that
Old Nov 23, 2017, 5:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by b00mer89
Waiting on packages from non-amazon sources is very frustrating... ordered 5 days ago, still waiting the hand off from shipper to USPS according to tracking

Bright side, a virtual gift card shows already delivered... but was kinda bummed there was no physical GC option

How have people handled that previously, or just send the virtual and lack some of the excitement?
I always follow up or ask someone to follow up with virtual gift cards, as they sometimes end up in spam folders.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond

Got my pressie today am going to hang it on the tree until the big day. I hope that my Santa doesn't mind
Old Nov 23, 2017, 7:51 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by onetess
Might our Head Elf be a member of the tribe?
Shhh.

We got back to the workshop last night. We survived coach bulkhead on JAL NRT/JFK. It's a much nicer ride than Santa's Sleigh.

I'm currently watching the Macy*s Thanksgiving Day Parade. I'll start processing the numerous PM request for additional Santee information. Please note > not everyone responds quickly to my PM. Insert rolleyes here. I will forward all responses as soon as they're received. Kapish.
onetess likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:06 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
One last thing, please do not copy/paste everything that you sent to Santa in your details. All I need is the name and your questions. It will help reduce clutter in your PM.

Please do not send your questions to Santa. The old boy is busy enough.

Last edited by HeadElf53; Nov 23, 2017 at 8:11 am
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Remember when people communicated with pen and paper?

Crane & Co. is premium stationery. I use their Florentine pattern.
I love stationery! Sadly, I like the majority of folks, can't remember the last time I actually hand wrote a letter or note to someone. I admire those who still do this.

Originally Posted by diburning
They are also the exclusive supplier of the paper for US paper currency (and other countries well). They were the ones that developed the lenticular strip on the $100 bills. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to take an exclusive tour of their factory in Dalton, MA led by Douglas Crane himself.
I KNEW the name sounded familiar. You'd think as a person who lives in MA, (not from here so that's my excuse hahahaha) I would know this. Esp considering they're only 50ish mins NW of my house. *sigh* Forgive me guys lol

Originally Posted by b00mer89

I know your pain. I ordered something on the 16th- the day we got our assignments. It won't even ship until next week. Makes me nervous since we're on a deadline and I don't want to be on the naughty list. Thankfully, I'm shipping it direct to my Santee.

Originally Posted by HeadElf53
One last thing, please do not copy/paste everything that you sent to Santa in your details. All I need is the name and your questions. It will help reduce clutter in your PM.

Please do not send your questions to Santa. The old boy is busy enough.
So sorry. I'm guilty of this. And I just sent more before seeing this. Promise I'll cut all that out in future PM's.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
I'd like to confirm receipt of a box from a place called Beanstock on Wednesday evening. Course, I was knee deep in pie, stuffing, and a host of other T-day prep so I didn't get around to saying anything until now. I sniffed at the box under the flaps and it smells DIVINE. Seriously, Christmas officially can't come soon enough. That box SO lifted my spirits.

Thanks Santa!!

(PS- I open packages on Christmas Eve/Day Santa, so don't worry, I'll post again when I do open the gift)
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:57 am

Pleasantly surprised to open up my first gift of the season! A lovely vintage poster of my most frequently flown airline! And my new place could certainly use some decor! Thanks for doing your research, Santa!

​​​​​​​
Redhead, onetess and Tpa-flyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.