Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Old Nov 20, 2017, 5:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Dear friends. I'll return to the workshop erev Thanksgiving (the night before). Our office has received numerous PM's that are unrelated to what our job responsibilities are. Only PM me if you need to ask a question of your Santee.

Thank you.

Boy, you can tell I'm on vacation because my tone isn't it's usual sarcastic self.
Doesn't your job description include "other duties as assigned"?
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:09 am

Gifts were sent International this weekend!! Ho, Ho, Ho!
Old Nov 20, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Three gifts shipped. All other gifts purchased, I just need to get them mailed.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Dear friends. I'll return to the workshop erev Thanksgiving (the night before). Our office has received numerous PM's that are unrelated to what our job responsibilities are. Only PM me if you need to ask a question of your Santee.

Thank you.

Boy, you can tell I'm on vacation because my tone isn't it's usual sarcastic self.
Might our Head Elf be a member of the tribe?
HeadElf53 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
I can confirm receipt of a package on Sunday. This time of year is dangerous bc I never know if the packages are mine, mine for other people, or mine from my Santas! Lol

I dont know if its a part of a gift or the whole gift- i
played it safe and had someone else peek inside (their gift hasnt been shipped yet so no way its theirs) and they seemed confused. I would have thought you already had one of those was the response. Im almost positive it came from the wish list- thanks Santa- but checking the list will ruin the surprise.

to all my Santas: I open presents closer to Christmas. As in typically not before Christmas Eve unless told otherwise. And please dont feel like you HAVE to confine yourselves to that wish list- I made it for inspiration but I really love surprises so feel free to be creative!!
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:11 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by samosa
Looks like I am lucky #2 as the 2nd recipient of my FT Secret Santa gift from a 2nd time Secret Santa. Erik came through with some amazing goodies, including ones that my son loves (pilot hat and model AS airplane). There are a lot of goodies including mugs, green tea cookies, cocoa, chocolates, scarf, postcards, hat, and a model airplane.

Thanks for the creative gifts and for wrapping them all!

P.S. I was excited to see a fellow Crane & Co. aficionado.

what nice gifts!!

What's Crane & Co?
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by kipper
I believe that once your recipient confirms receipt, you can request an additional assignment!
I believe this as well- esp in situations where wharvey has already said he could use additional Santas.

I'm hoping to get my people all taken care of this weekend. I have one done, just need to work on the other four...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by kipper
I like that idea.
I thought about requesting you this year, but then, I was a bit afraid I'd send you a bad beer or something. I know far more about good wine than good beer. I didn't want to be the first SS who sent you a present that was yuck!

Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by sperkins921
What's Crane & Co?
Remember when people communicated with pen and paper?

Crane & Co. is premium stationery. I use their Florentine pattern.
samosa and sperkins921 like this.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:26 am

One gift in, one gift out

I am once again in for 2 Secret Santa gifts this year. One has already been sent (and received according to the tracking information), while on Monday I was also very pleased to receive this (even if the pic I took came out rotated):

Being a Buffalo Bills fan is not easy, and hasn't been for a while. But this autographed 16x20 pic from the glory days is awesome! Thank you very much Santa!

ALSO: I'm a little stumped due to lack of hints provided by my other giftee. Rumor has it there may be a couple elves around here who are good with ideas for some of the members? If so, a private message would be appreciated ;-)

Last edited by ohlradio; Nov 21, 2017 at 8:32 am
Old Nov 21, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
So I got around to wrapping gifts today for our family Thanksmas celebration this weekend and I opened an Amazon box that I thought contained gifts Id bought. Lo and behold it was from one of my Santas.

1. An awesome Notorious RBG tShirt
2. A lovely beach towel
3. Shrinky Dinks for my daughter
4. A book, No Elephants for my daughter

thanks Santa!

Im on my phone so pics to follow.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by ohlradio
I am once again in for 2 Secret Santa gifts this year. One has already been sent (and received according to the tracking information), while on Monday I was also very pleased to receive this (even if the pic I took came out rotated):

Being a Buffalo Bills fan is not easy, and hasn't been for a while. But this autographed 16x20 pic from the glory days is awesome! Thank you very much Santa!

ALSO: I'm a little stumped due to lack of hints provided by my other giftee. Rumor has it there may be a couple elves around here who are good with ideas for some of the members? If so, a private message would be appreciated ;-)
Send a PM to HeadElf53 and ask for a bit of assistance. HeadElf can make some enquiries. :-)
Old Nov 21, 2017, 6:50 pm

Is it wrong that Im excited that I just crossed off giftee number two? LOL

Almost done with number three, just trying to think of a small item to round things out...
Old Nov 21, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by sperkins921
I thought about requesting you this year, but then, I was a bit afraid I'd send you a bad beer or something. I know far more about good wine than good beer. I didn't want to be the first SS who sent you a present that was yuck!

I'm always up for learning more about wines or trying wines from the Czech Republic and similar.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 10:51 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Remember when people communicated with pen and paper?

Crane & Co. is premium stationery. I use their Florentine pattern.
They are also the exclusive supplier of the paper for US paper currency (and other countries well). They were the ones that developed the lenticular strip on the $100 bills. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to take an exclusive tour of their factory in Dalton, MA led by Douglas Crane himself.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.