Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
The wiki is an UNOFFICIAL record of gifts received. Remember to PM wharvey when you send and receive gifts!
The wiki will be maintained by steveman518, however feel free to add gifts to the wiki as you receive them.

Uploading images
To upload images directly to FT posts, click on the little image button (next to the emoji symbol) and upload files
To embed images from outside sources, place the URL of the image between IMG tags or click on the little image button and paste the URL. Make sure the URL ends in .jpg/.tiff or any other image extension. To copy an image file URL from an image uploaded to another website, right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or something similar.

Gifts Received
aquamarinesteph #1
AStarr #1 #2
AtomicLush #1
bergamini #1 #2
b00mer89 #1 #2
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
canforce #1
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Cjacq #1
ckidder331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4
CPH-Flyer #1 #2 #3
Dark Blue #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2 #3
dee1843 #1
DeepUnderground #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2 (part 2) #3
Dogmatick #1 #2
erikatcuse #1
flo-e #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3
ginoa724 #1
Gregor #1
gsch #1 #2
HeavenlyJane #1 #2
holloway1000 #1
HWGeeks #1
iMedic #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
jetset09 #1
jcnkc #1
Jinxy #1 #2
JoelThomas #1
jondabomb #1
jsds #1
Karl Gustav Annus #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
kirkwoodj #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1 #2 #3 #4
Marcia3641 #1
mario02423 #1
mdbe #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Meneer Guggenheimer #1 #2
Micp3208 #1
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1 #2 #3 #4
missydarlin #1
MrDplus #1 #2
nomadic.relief #1 #2
nwncl #1
obunewbie17 #1
ohlradio #1 #2
omriba #1
onetess #1
onlyairfare #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
PandaSoPink #1
Recondite #1
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
samosa #1 #2
sammyindc #1
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
ScGhost0 #1 #2
shutterbugguy #1 #2 #3
smc333 #1
spartacus #1
sperkins921 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
steveman518 #1 #2 #3 (part 2)
stingtx #1
sweetcreamytea #1 #2
tcl #1 #2 (part 2)
Thatguyatthebar #1
token385 #1 #2 #3
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1
tzvilev #1 #2 #3
WIRunner #1 #2 #3
WriterGirlLinds #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
yunicorner #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Looks like I am lucky #2 as the 2nd recipient of my FT Secret Santa gift from a 2nd time Secret Santa. Erik came through with some amazing goodies, including ones that my son loves (pilot hat and model AS airplane). There are a lot of goodies including mugs, green tea cookies, cocoa, chocolates, scarf, postcards, hat, and a model airplane.

Thanks for the creative gifts and for wrapping them all!

P.S. I was excited to see a fellow Crane & Co. aficionado.

TravelLawyer and sperkins921 like this.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:01 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
that looks so cool!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 5:34 pm

UPS says that my recipient got theirs, I am so anxious to know if they liked it or not (I hope they liked it) that I keep checking the thread every 30 minutes. I suck at buying gifts and really hope the person likes it.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
If it's me, I'm not home at the moment.

Originally Posted by Redhead
I always include my Amazon wish list too. I figure it's easier that way to get a sense of what I like. Some Santas have purchased directly from it. Others has used it as inspiration. I've been doing this for 7+ years and love it every year and love every gift!
That's not a bad idea. I should start an Amazon wish list, although if it exists on Amazon, and I want it, I will most likely buy it right away because I want the double dipped points and miles from the purchase.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
UPS says that my recipient got theirs, I am so anxious to know if they liked it or not (I hope they liked it) that I keep checking the thread every 30 minutes. I suck at buying gifts and really hope the person likes it.
Keep in mind some folks save their gifts until Christmas to open (not Kipper, tho, in case you had her ) so if they don't post right away, it might be because the gift is going under their tree.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Keep in mind some folks save their gifts until Christmas to open (not Kipper, tho, in case you had her ) so if they don't post right away, it might be because the gift is going under their tree.
I did forget about that!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
First gift has been shipped, and approximately 50% of the second gift has been bought. I am normally opposed to buying Christmas gifts before the first Sunday of advent, but it suddenly became an extra busy travel season for me and I don't want to come on the bad santa list, so better do it early.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 6:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by HWGeeks
LOL, then next year, request me, as I open gifts as soon as they arrive.
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
LOL, I'm like a kid in that way!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Presents stay wrapped & under tree until Christmas for me!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Gifts have all been purchased-one Santee will get theirs shipped directly, and the 2 will need for me to await delivery of their items to my house so that I can mail them out. Not very website had a "purchased as a gift" option. I had fun shopping this year!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Presents stay wrapped & under tree until Christmas for me!
Sigh, what fun is that?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat (won't last), Hilton Gold
This was my first time participating and I had so much fun shopping for my Santee. I hope he/she likes what I chose! I thought maybe I was too early so I'm glad to see that some folks have received their stuff already. As a first-timer, I was only allowed to have one person, so I'm already looking forward to next year when I can send more gifts!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by onetess
This was my first time participating and I had so much fun shopping for my Santee. I hope he/she likes what I chose! I thought maybe I was too early so I'm glad to see that some folks have received their stuff already. As a first-timer, I was only allowed to have one person, so I'm already looking forward to next year when I can send more gifts!
I believe that once your recipient confirms receipt, you can request an additional assignment!
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:00 pm

I'm in this exchange, and the kibblers are each in two different exchanges. USPS tells me there is a package from Amazon, being delivered tomorrow, and I didn't order anything to be shipped here. So, the question is, "Is the Amazon package for me or one of the dogs?"
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:26 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Talking

Dear friends. I'll return to the workshop erev Thanksgiving (the night before). Our office has received numerous PM's that are unrelated to what our job responsibilities are. Only PM me if you need to ask a question of your Santee.

Thank you.

Boy, you can tell I'm on vacation because my tone isn't it's usual sarcastic self.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.