Reload this Page >

Los Angeles (LAX) Travel Hacking and MS Meetup - Sunday, October 15, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Machine
Next meeting Sunday, October 15, 2017, 3PM-4:30PM at Manoly’s Bakery, 11771 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025 (see post 31 for more info)

Attendees:
SeanTek
Flying Machine
cajunguy
ssimon86 (probably)
trunksy
brother of neighbor into travel & miles (FT handle unknown)
Print Wikipost

Los Angeles (LAX) Travel Hacking and MS Meetup - Sunday, October 15, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Meeting 2 proposal

Hi, do folks want to meet up again? If so I propose next Sunday, October 15, 2017, in the same general area (West Los Angeles). Any new folks?

May I suggest Manoly's Bakery (11771 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025), which is cheap and good? It has a small Mexican bakery in addition to inexpensive Mexican and American items.

If folks want to do more of a sit down meal and want something more...exotic, there's Javan Restaurant (11500 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025). I would say to start at 2:50pm: I will be in late in that case.

Last edited by SeanTek; Oct 6, 2017 at 7:52 pm Reason: add title
Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by SeanTek
Hi, do folks want to meet up again? If so I propose next Sunday, October 15, 2017, in the same general area (West Los Angeles). Any new folks?

May I suggest Manoly's Bakery (11771 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025), which is cheap and good? It has a small Mexican bakery in addition to inexpensive Mexican and American items.

If folks want to do more of a sit down meal and want something more...exotic, there's Javan Restaurant (11500 Santa Monica Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90025). I would say to start at 2:50pm: I will be in late in that case.
I'm in for the 15th, the bakery sounds fine however are we able to linger there a bit? Our last meeting ended a little too quickly and I believe others wanted to stay and chat.. Please take that into consideration when establishing the timing for meeting 2..
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:22 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Rather than changing the thread title every time I have created a wiki post where information about the next meetup may be posted. Unfortunately the OP is not able to edit the wiki yet but any member with more than 90 posts and 90 days' membership should be able to update the wiki post.

NewbieRunner, co-mod, CommunityBuzz
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
No 15th for me. My MR puts me through LAX on the 14th
Old Oct 10, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
This group needs some action to survive. Members of the previous meeting, please advise if your attending. OP please monitor, and kindly update the venue and time specifics. All new members whom are interested please advise (all are welcome) to coin a phrase..

Last edited by Flying Machine; Oct 10, 2017 at 2:15 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:14 pm

Thanks Mods for adjusting the title to reflect the "updated " meeting date! Safe Travels..
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Tentatively interested -- not a huge fan of the location though; would prefer something farther south or with easier parking (coffee perhaps?). I'm guessing the OP (or whoever it is that suggests these locations) lives fairly close to that area, as the previous location appears to be just up the street?
Old Oct 10, 2017, 6:34 pm

I'm also a maybe for this weekend as I don't get back to town until late Saturday. Will post a firm answer by that night.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
^
Originally Posted by Polytonic
Would it make sense to rename the event to LAX Flyertalk Community Meetup?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:07 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by CDKing
No 15th for me. My MR puts me through LAX on the 14th
What time are you in the LAX area on the 14th?
Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
This group needs some action to survive. Members of the previous meeting, please advise if your attending. OP please monitor, and kindly update the venue and time specifics. All new members whom are interested please advise (all are welcome) to coin a phrase..
I will be attending.

More details to come, but looks like we are going to do 3pm-4:30pm Sunday 10/15 (as per prior posts). Saturday would be too short notice at this point, I feel.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
I'm interested - still at Manoly's?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Yes, still at Manoly's!
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:18 pm

Yes, still at Manoly's!
SeanTek whom has confirmed? I don't see anyone confirming other than you and I. Only interest by others. Since you prefer to communicate outside of this thread via text rather than the proper housekeeping would you kindly advise whom else is attending?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Yes, still at Manoly's!
Thanks! I'll try to make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.