Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

The 5th Franconian NUE DO "Back to the middle Ages with some beer" - May31-Jun03 2018

Old Jul 18, 2017, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: f0zzyNUE
The 5th Franconian NUE DO "Back to the middle Ages with some beer" - May31-Jun03 2018

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

NUE

DO program

Thursday evening : Traditional Barfuesser opening (Franconian food feast) following a meet-up @Le Meridien Atelier bar.

Friday
Morning Walking Tour. - Love, lust and vice - marriage and sexuality in the history of Nuremberg
Lunch
Afternoon Walking Tour - "On the trails of Albrecht Drer, Nuremberg's most famous son"

Friday Evening: 5th NUE DO anniversary dinner - A Fine Dining Menu @ Wrzhaus Nrnberg

Saturday: day trip to Regensburg
Morning Walking tour - "Classic Regensburg"
Lunch at the traditional "Historische Wurstkuchl"
Afternoon Walking tour "History, Made by Nature"

Saturday evening: Dinner @ a traditional beer garden

Sunday: Good bye brunch or breakfast (at the airport) - based on history most of the attendees are too stuffed for a brunch

As always - all tours will be private tours and have a fixed fee which will be divided by the number of registrants. The amount to be paid in NUE will be mailed to you a few days prior to the DO when I have the final number of participants.

Attendees

confirmed (registered on eventbrite)
f0zzyNUE (host), ClaudiSTR, Governator, JessicaTam, totmode, johnnywho, violist, monitor, monitor+1,NewbieRunner, nomadic.relief, lili, cappex, gvdIAD, bk3day,AASweets

interested (not registered on eventbrite)
AFAM-DFW, belle3388, Calchas, flospi, iad, hdogan, JY1024, megaloman, youseeme, GrjApp

can't make it
Bundy Bear, dedehans, kirkwoodj, polkacat, polkacat+1, flyingfkb, GarySTL,TravelKane

Participants for single events
participant list

Thursday Meetup (12 attendees)
totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, gvdIAD, Cappex, Lili

Thursday Barfuesser Dinner (13 attendees)
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, gvdIAD, Cappex, Lili

Friday Morning Walk (10 attendees) - 16 / person
nomadic.relief, JessicaTam, NewbieRunner, totmode, Cappex, Governator, monitor, frantic, johnnywho, AASweets

Friday Afternoon Walk (9 attendees) 16 / person
nomadic.relief, JessicaTam, gvdIAD, totmode, Cappex, Governator, bk3day, johnnywho, AASweets

Friday Fine Dining (16 attendees) / menu ( see above )
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, gvdIAD, Cappex, Cappex+1, Lili, AASweets

Saturday Group Train Ticket to Regensburg (15 attendees) - 12 / person
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, gvdIAD, Cappex, Lili, AASweets

Saturday Morning Walk (14 attendees) - 10/person
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, gvdIAD, Cappex, AASweets

Saturday Wurstkuchl Lunch (14 attendees) - a la carte
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, gvdIAD, Cappex, AASweets

Saturday Afternoon Walk (11 attendees) - 10/person
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, violist, johnnywho, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, gvdIAD, Cappex, AASweets

Saturday Beer Garden Dinner (12 attendees) - a la carte
JessicaTam, totmode, Governator, ClaudiSTR, violist, johnnywho, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, gvdIAD, Cappex, AASweets

Sunday Breakfast/Brunch (8 attendees) - a la carte
ClaudiSTR, monitor, frantic, nomadic.relief, NewbieRunner, bk3day, Cappex, AASweets, belle3388

Accommodation

here is a hotel list for the Franconian DO 2017:

Priority Club Property
Holiday Inn Nuremberg Center
Holiday Inn Express Nuremberg Center

Starwood Properties
Le Meridien Grand Hotel
Sheraton Carlton Hotel

HiltonHonors Property
Hilton Nuremberg (NOT centrally located) no availability
Hampton by Hilton

Best Western Properties
Best Western Hotel Nuremberg
Best Western Hotel Nuremberg West

Club Carlson Property
park inn Nuremberg
Park Plaza - NEW

AccorHotel Properties
Woehrdersee Hotel Mercure Nrnberg City
Ibis Nrnberg Centrum
Ibis Nrnberg Altstadt
Ibis Nrnberg City

There are various other hotels which are centrally located but not belonging to international hotel chains - e.g. the Maritim Nuremberg or the NH Nuremberg City.

Another cheap hotel chain (I really like) is Motel One. They have two properties in Nuremberg - and they are budget design hotels.
http://www.motel-one.com/uk/hotels/nurnberg.html

you can find various other hotels in all categories on hrs. i would recommend to choose a centrally located hotel ...

Travel to NUE by Air

*A Flights to NUE
LH from FRA, MUC
LX from ZRH
TK from IST
SN from BRU

other *A carriers offer flights to NUE via FRA, DUS, MUC, ZRH.

SkyTeam Flights to NUE
AF from CDG, LYS
KL from AMS

other ST carriers offer flights to NUE via AMS and CDG.

BA sometimes runs seasonal flights

Regular scheduled GermanWings Flights to NUE
from HAM, DUS, TXL

Regular scheduled RyanAir Flights to NUE
from STN, MAN, CIA, BUD, BGY, MAD, ALC, AGP
Print Wikipost

Old May 17, 2018, 2:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Shame about the bus tour but we already have a day trip planned for the next NUE Do!

Thanks for coming up with alternative plans. Having co-organised a few Dos myself I appreciate how much work must be involved.

Yes, I remember the guide we had for the Christmas Market Do. This is the one, isn't it? He was excellent.

Old May 17, 2018, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner

Yes, I remember the guide we had for the Christmas Market Do. This is the one, isn't it? He was excellent.

yes, thats the guy. He will also join us for lunch.
Old May 18, 2018, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

The Friday walking tours can now be booked on the eventbrite website. Please register until May 25.

Cheers from Jakarta
Old May 19, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
My job situation has cleared up and I can now confirm my attendance. I won't be able to make Sunday brunch (which is too bad because I've found the selections at the airport restaurant excellent) as I'll need to be at FRA to catch a noon flight back to the US. This is likely my last trip to Europe for at least a year, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll see everyone soon.
Old May 19, 2018, 1:19 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by gvdIAD
My job situation has cleared up and I can now confirm my attendance. I won't be able to make Sunday brunch (which is too bad because I've found the selections at the airport restaurant excellent) as I'll need to be at FRA to catch a noon flight back to the US. This is likely my last trip to Europe for at least a year, and I'm looking forward to it. I'll see everyone soon.
Yay! It will be great to see you again in Nuremberg and to return to Regensburg for more sausages.
gvdIAD likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by gvdIAD
How are you getting to FRA? I am on the 0800 NUE-FRA train on Sunday.
Old May 20, 2018, 6:17 am

So I've left home to start my journey there. Looking forward to catching up with people in a dozen or so days!
gvdIAD, JessicaTam and johnnywho like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: UA 2.5MM; HH Diamond; Hyatt Platinum; MR Gold
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
How are you getting to FRA? I am on the 0800 NUE-FRA train on Sunday.
i haven't booked it yet (I'll do it tomorrow when I have access to a printer at work) but I'll be on that train, too. Did you book a seat reservation?
Old May 20, 2018, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
So I've left home to start my journey there. Looking forward to catching up with people in a dozen or so days!
You may win a prize for the most circuitous route to the Do!
polkacat and nomadic.relief like this.
Old May 20, 2018, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
You may win a prize for the most circuitous route to the Do!
If the labor situation in France continues to deteriorate, she may be challenged for the prize by flyers who have been intending to arrive on AF.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
If the labor situation in France continues to deteriorate, she may be challenged for the prize by flyers who have been intending to arrive on AF.
ouch. I hope the French don't spoil your trip. However you might get rebooked even on another carrier. KLM for instance has put me on LH a couple of times when there were unforseen events.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:57 am

I just registered via Eventbrite. Sorry for being so last minute... I am really much looking forward to the event and thank you so much f0zzyNUE for organizing all this

Is anyone else coming in on LX1196 on WED?
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Here is the menu for the Fine Dining Evening at the Wrzhaus Nrnberg.
( Fotos | Wrzhaus Restaurant Nrnberg )

1st course:
Cold herbal soup

2nd course:
Asparagus with quail egg and chervil (veg)
OR
Wild Shrimp with Cauliflower Variation

optional 3rd and 4th course:
Broccoli with Roast Stock & Cress (veg)
AND/OR
Lamb tartar & tongue with fennel

Main course:
Perch with radish & hollandaise
OR
Beef with cashew & wild garlic oil
OR
Nettle with carrot and poppy seeds (veg)

Dessert
Clover ice cream with pear & ricotta (veg)
OR
Goat cheese x3 with balsamic & blackberry

The price is
56€ for a 4 course meal (+28€ for corresponding wines)
68€ for a 5 course meal (+35€ for corresponding wines)
80€ for a 6 course meal. (+42€ for corresponding wines)

P.S. I'm hungry already
Governator and JessicaTam like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by Cappex
I just registered via Eventbrite. Sorry for being so last minute... I am really much looking forward to the event and thank you so much f0zzyNUE for organizing all this

Is anyone else coming in on LX1196 on WED?
I land Wed around 2:30 PM, will be staying at Le Meridien.

Tom
Old May 24, 2018, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Governator
I land Wed around 2:30 PM, will be staying at Le Meridien.

Tom
With hoped for co-operation from the French labor unions, we will be arriving at 220PM on AF 1210 and also staying at Le M.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.