Last edit by: beckoa
Code:
 Handle Arrival Flight City Pair Time    Departure  Flight City Pair Time
 beckoa 8/20/17 AS3382 PDX-MCI   2:49 PM 8/22/17    AS683  MCI-SEA   7:00 AM
Print Wikipost

KANSAS CITY - Dinner Do - Sun August 20, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2017, 6:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I'm here... did we get seated already?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 7:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
I'm here... did we get seated already?
Found us in the corner behind the bar, in the back.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa
If there's room on the grill... I have a couple things I brought down I'd cook up
Yeah, we've got a 5-burner gas grill we can fire up. I'm planning to cook a bunch of hot dogs, sausages, and hamburgers tomorrow as well. I'm not sure 9 racks is going to be enough...we're up over 60 people now (not all from FT).
Old Aug 20, 2017, 9:29 pm

The weather's looking beautiful for tomorrow! No rain 'till night time now!
Old Aug 20, 2017, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by MCI777
Everybody enjoy your time in Kansas City. I'll be there in spirit tonight. Enjoy Q39. It truly is one of the top two BBQ spots in KC. Just my opinion.
And the other is... ?

I'll have some extra time next week and I have a slot open on Sunday and Monday for lunch. .
Old Aug 21, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Everybody enjoy your time in Kansas City. I'll be there in spirit tonight. Enjoy Q39. It truly is one of the top two BBQ spots in KC. Just my opinion.
Glad to see you again!

Originally Posted by holland
Excellent! See you tomorrow (err, today!)
Old Aug 21, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, AVIS Preferred, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dhammer53
And the other is... ?

I'll have some extra time next week and I have a slot open on Sunday and Monday for lunch. .
The other is Joe's Kansas City (the Original location in the gas station). Just voted #1 in the US by the NY Post.
dhammer53 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:09 am

The other is Joe's Kansas City (the Original location in the gas station). Just voted #1 in the US by the NY Post.
#BBQ_Breakfast anyone?
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:09 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
glad everyone could make it out last night, I was thrilled with the quality of BBQ that Q39 put out, special thanks to MCI777 for helping guide us through the menu.
johnnywho and FriendlySkies like this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:12 am

Have two Kasilof Red salmon fillets I'll be grilling today, plus some hot Reindeer sausage. Picked up a 5 lb tub of BBQ beans too from Costco yesterday.

I see some blue sky so far too ^
johnnywho likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
glad everyone could make it out last night, I was thrilled with the quality of BBQ that Q39 put out, special thanks to MCI777 for helping guide us through the menu.
Awesome food last night! I had three meats (ribs, pulled pork and brisket) and it was sooo delicious!
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:20 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Plat, AB Plat, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by holland
Thanks again Holland for having us flyertalkers over.
The ribs were great and we got to see quite a bit of the eclipse.

Just some info for those of you who went elsewhere: At Holland's place we saw the eclipse (with some scattered clouds) almost all the way until it got dark, (point of the total eclipse), that's when the cloud cover got too heavy and some time later we even got some rain.
It was cool to see or rather hear how Holland's dogs reacted when it got dark all of sudden.

All in all people were quite happy with seeing the first half, I mean how many hours can you actually spend staring in the sky...
Old Aug 21, 2017, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Many thanks to Sweet Willie for setting up this whole thing and super thanks to holland (and Wendy) for the wonderful hospitality having us all over and hanging around with us as the FT gang sat and talked and talked after almost everyone had gone home.

We saw a goodly amount of the eclipse before the clouds and rain took over and then were able to concentrate on the ribs and salmon. It was easy to tell that both holland and beckoa had done this stuff before. Those ribs were as good and any I have tasted in a restaurant in quite a while.
johnnywho likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 7:19 pm

Thanks for all the compliments and great company.

We had a great time meeting everyone and I'm glad the weather broke long enough to get some good views of the eclipse. I was a bit worried when I saw the storms to the north and south of us this morning.

The photos I took including the group shot at the end are on FB here. Sorry we didn't get susiesan & bob in the picture; we didn't think to take one until everyone was getting ready to leave for the night!

Next time we do a KC BBQ DO if I don't see the thread, someone PM me and we can have one "meal" here again if you want. It was a lot of fun. Maybe we'll try some variety next time instead of just ribs.
monitor likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Sorry I missed the party but due to the rain and thick cloud coverage, I listened to the local weather folks on whatever station I was watching and headed east. I easily got to Sedalia, MO and joined quite a few people at Liberty Park and was able to view the entire eclipse from start to finish. It was really a cool experience.

Thanks to Sweet Willie for organizing the dinner last night. And thanks to holland for the invite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.