Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Old May 24, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
"The I need a drink department!"

Thanks to the generosity of kpc, we re posting from the Qantas domestic lounge. What a struggle. I did not appreciate how complex this would be. We are flying JetStar @ 1400 We arrived before 1100, and the check-in machine refused to check us in, prior to the 3 hour mark. So we spend out time transferring clothes to our checked bags, to meet the 7 kg hand-bag limit. At 1100 we obtain our BPs. But we are now not allowed to drop our bags until 2 hours before departure. What is this! So we wander over to terminal 3 to meet at the Qantas lounge. Security almost denied us entry as we still have out checked bags with us, but finally let us through with a warning that our bags are too big to take on the plane. Of course this is true, as we must go back to terminal 2 to drop bags off again! <sigh> I did not appreciate how complex this would be.
JohnSydney2000 and penegal like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
"The I need a drink department!"...
If you didn't already need a drink, you definitely would after that experience.

We're now thinking we should have brought our raincoats to the Sunshine Coast, but fortunately there's an umbrella in our room, just in case.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:49 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
"The I need a drink department!"

Thanks to the generosity of kpc, we re posting from the Qantas domestic lounge. What a struggle. I did not appreciate how complex this would be. We are flying JetStar @ 1400
<snip>
.... we must go back to terminal 2 to drop bags off again! <sigh> I did not appreciate how complex this would be.
Welcome to JQ Aust. ^
Enjoys the drinks
At least you are here.
Old May 24, 2018, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
My holidays have officially begun. I am sitting in the MEL J lounge for my xSYD-MCY flights.
Congrats.

Heading that way slowly. On the return ferry currently.

Should have some time in the J lounge before our departure.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
I am very thankful we avoided JQ and stuck with QF. Sorry to hear of the troubles.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Passed Mooloolaba a few mins ago. Hope to be in Noosa by 2pm.
kpc likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
This is all rather complicated. Although not as bad as Jetstar.

I was going to re-route my trip to attend this do, but the airline already proactively re-routed me, you know, supposedly as a service.

I then called my travel agent to fix it. They re-issued my ticket for what I wanted, but the itinerary didnt update to match the ticket, so the agent cancelled the ticket, and submitted a refund request. I now supposedly have no ticket, but managed to board an aircraft anyway.

This should be interesting. Doors closed. No wifi on this service. Ill see what mess is left at the other end.
kpc, JohnSydney2000 and Oz Fest like this.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
Update: Points in my account and we havent taken off yet
Old May 24, 2018, 9:56 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Ok....restlessinRNO, myself and our +1s are now squashed onboard our Jq flight from Syd to Mcy....see everyone tonight! Bummer about tthe rain!
penegal likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
Good morning and welcome to Oz Fest #15 .

Suggested groups are:

RACV Pick up = 6 staying at RACV already: JohnSydney2000, Fredd, Mrs Fredd, doug_westcott, RestlessinRNO (2) + 3 guests staying at Noosa Hill AirBnB: CDKing, Perk, jswong + 1 at unknown location: krazykanucjk.

Macquarie Lodge Pick up = 4 staying at Macq Lodge already: itsalongwaydown, Sue Oz, JessicaTam, storyteller + 4 guests staying at Sofitel: upup&away, kirkwoodj, nomadic.rekief, ac777 + 1 guest at Hotel Laguna: Austin787 + 1 guest at Noosa Parade HI: angra.

If you swap groups please make sure that we are aware of what's happening.
I am staying at the Sofitel NOT the RACV and would like to swap to the Macquarie Lodge Pick up.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:07 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
Ok....restlessinRNO, myself and our +1s are now squashed onboard our Jq flight from Syd to Mcy....see everyone tonight! Bummer about tthe rain!
Hopefully just "occasional showers..."

Noosa Heads Forecast
Old May 24, 2018, 10:43 pm

@JessicaTam in the SYD Domestic J lounge - have FT tag on backpack (floor) - sitting with a pair of windows along the windows adjacent Hanger 245 where the chairs change color.

Quite the adventure today.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:57 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
We are about to drive up from Brisbane.
Old May 24, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Sunny in Noosa right now
Old May 24, 2018, 11:11 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by beckoa
@JessicaTam in the SYD Domestic J lounge - have FT tag on backpack (floor) - sitting with a pair of windows along the windows adjacent Hanger 245 where the chairs change color.

Quite the adventure today.
And we have met!
JohnSydney2000 and fifa like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.