Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Had an easy drive up to Dallas today, so just at the DFW Centurion Lounge sipping a cocktail and debating if I care enough to go find the AA Premium Lounge. Leaning towards no. After a shower and a few cocktails, lets do this short flight to SYD.
Save some room for whats in store for you onboard
Old May 21, 2018, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Had an easy drive up to Dallas today, so just at the DFW Centurion Lounge sipping a cocktail and debating if I care enough to go find the AA Premium Lounge. Leaning towards no. After a shower and a few cocktails, lets do this short flight to SYD.
IIRC he's only in J. Best go check out the lounge.

Seated in the LAX Alaska Lounge "best maximize the lounge time" I overheard. I just stopped in long enough to get my QF boarding pass to stop at the FlAAgship Lounge enroute to TBIT...

Originally Posted by CDKing
Save some room for whats in store for you onboard
Old May 21, 2018, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finally got to try the burger @ QF F lounge and Calamari. Both excellent.

The steak was ok.

This is a hoppin' lounge!
Storyteller likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Heading out. Due in Brisbane in about 20 hours
JohnSydney2000 likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Looks like 5B?
Old May 22, 2018, 12:34 am

Im confused by 3K.

We've had a pair of medicals on QF94. They are looking for luggage now. The bubbles keep flowing though ^
JohnSydney2000 and penegal like this.
Old May 22, 2018, 1:44 am

I’m starting to feel like another in the group. We had another delay, but the door is closed now so there is hope.

Captain said in 30 years of flying, this was a first for him.

There’s pushback.
JohnSydney2000 and penegal like this.
Old May 22, 2018, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Due to arrive 9:20am ...

Good thing you had a 16 hour transit in MEL!
Storyteller and penegal like this.

Last edited by serfty; May 22, 2018 at 5:09 am
Old May 22, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Making my way on DL41 toward SYD. GUC did not clear - last time I checked I was #7 in line with all seats full.

Good bulkhead seat, though, so I am comfortable.

After SYD, I will fly to BNE and shuttle up to Noosa. Looking forward to a real bed and then the arrival of some folks on Thursday!
Old May 22, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I depart tonight. Arrive SYD on Thursday, enjoy the city for the day, overnight at the Intercontinental near Circular Quay. Then a quick flight Friday morning to MCY. I plan to do the Sunset Cruise before dinner.

Originally Posted by beckoa
We've had a pair of medicals on QF94. They are looking for luggage now. The bubbles keep flowing though ^
Reminds me of a Delta flight I took in the 1990's, SLC-AUS. While boarding, the passenger seated near me fainted - medical staff boarded and moved the passenger to health care facilities. Flight eventually departs and near AUS another passenger had a seizure - when we arrived at the gate everyone remained seated until medical staff brought the passenger a wheelchair. Two different medical emergencies on the same flight.
Old May 22, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by angra
Making my way on DL41 toward SYD. GUC did not clear - last time I checked I was #7 in line with all seats full.

Good bulkhead seat, though, so I am comfortable.

After SYD, I will fly to BNE and shuttle up to Noosa. Looking forward to a real bed and then the arrival of some folks on Thursday!
Let me know if you're up to anything Wednesday. I just arrived in SYD.
Old May 22, 2018, 4:07 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by penegal
Looks like 5B?
Indeed it is. I booked back in October which probably helped me secure that seat.

Tom in the Qantas domestic lounge at SYD
Old May 22, 2018, 4:10 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Let me know if you're up to anything Wednesday. I just arrived in SYD.
I'm immediately off to Noosa. I need a solid day of rest to keep up with you hooligans.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old May 22, 2018, 5:01 pm

Have started the long haul connection. Will be arriving BNE Thursday am and by evening will be plunging into the Oz fesr pre do etc. Flying AC YVR-BNE.
chchkiwi likes this.

Last edited by ac777; May 22, 2018 at 5:02 pm Reason: spelling mistakes
Old May 22, 2018, 6:49 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Due to arrive 9:20am ...

Good thing you had a 16 hour transit in MEL!
Yeah, there were quite a few missed connections. They were announcing flights people were being rebooked on. I felt sorry for those rebooked on the 5000 series QF flights

We also had a further arrival delay due to ATC so touchdown was 9:51 AM. Sounds like we were within 30 minutes of a crew timeout too.

Sitting in the QF MEL Biz domestic lounge thanks to everyone's tips. Slept well on the flight, and about to make the jump into town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.