Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
error, deleted
Old May 20, 2018, 8:33 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
I am still copper / interested.

When do I need to confirm by?
Old May 20, 2018, 8:42 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by penegal
I am still copper / interested.

When do I need to confirm by?
We always know you are Copper for any AFF - FT do. [ I won't know until the last minute as work may get in the way or I may have to fly to SIN or somewhere else for one reason or another or I just can't make up my mind.]

Currently we have sold 38 39 seats of the 40 seats for the Saturday dinner. We may or may not be able to get more seats.
The other activities should be OK. We can work it out on the day.

There is a marathon in Noosa on the Saturday, so more people will be in town compared to other times in May

PM sent
JessicaTam likes this.

Last edited by Oz Fest; May 21, 2018 at 1:51 pm Reason: Edit 38 seats sold after post 308 cancellation
Old May 21, 2018, 12:41 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Sitting all alone in a certain cabin DOH-PER at the moment , with some branded thingy called Krug.
Wonderimg how our US attendance champion keeps having such bad luck getting out of RNO, it seems , so frequently. John.
Bundy Bear and restlessinRNO like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Finishing up my packing for tomorrow's departure on AS84 ANC-SEA (was able to change to a later flight so I can sleep in a bit more).

One last question I had, how is the water temperature this time of year? Tempted to bring my snorkel gear, but think it might be slightly on the chilly side.

Thanks!
Old May 21, 2018, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noosa - Sunshine Beach Water Temperature (Sea) and Wetsuit Guide (QLD - Sunshine Coast, Australia)
Today's Noosa - Sunshine Beach sea temperature is 23.5 °C.

Statistics for 21 May (1981–2005) – mean: 23.7 °C, range: 22.6 °C to 25.0 °C

Sunny with pleasantly warm air temperatures (feeling like 21 °C once we account for wind), and similar sea temperatures (23 °C). Wear boardshorts or a shorty, or better still a thin summer wetsuit to keep the UV off.
Another https://www.seatemperature.org/austr...oosa-heads.htm
Old May 21, 2018, 1:35 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
It's been averaging over 30° C with high humidity throughout our stay in Hong Kong, and we're looking forward to cooling off in Noosa.
restlessinRNO likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 1:40 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
The spreadsheet has 33 people coming to Saturday Dinner and now we possibly have:
krazykanuck,
beckoa,
bedkoa +1,
Bundy Bear,
rabau &
Anat0l
We currently have seating available for 37 people and cannot confirm extras at the moment. Please confirm ASAP.
Wife and daughter won't be going to Saturday night dinner so that frees up a spot for Anat0l.

We'll be heading back to Brisbane Sunday afternoon.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Fredd
It's been averaging over 30° C with high humidity throughout our stay in Hong Kong, and we're looking forward to cooling off in Noosa.
Same in Taipei, tough one more day here and then back to HK for 23 hours.
Old May 21, 2018, 5:05 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
My attendance for Saturday night dinner has now firmed to 100%, my boss was in the local office today and mentioned about dinner being on the Friday night and didn't we get the email about it.

I will be attending the show on Saturday and then heading north to see you all at dinner, any pre dinner drinking location been suggested.

I hope everyone has safe and smooth flights to Australia.

Originally Posted by JohnK
Wife and daughter won't be going to Saturday night dinner so that frees up a spot for Anat0l..

Or penegal; he can be late to the party, or last to leave the party.
restlessinRNO and penegal like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
Originally Posted by JohnSydney2000
Sitting all alone in a certain cabin DOH-PER at the moment , with some branded thingy called Krug.
Wonderimg how our US attendance champion keeps having such bad luck getting out of RNO, it seems , so frequently. John.
You are flying QR out of DOH during Ramadan and they are serving alcohol?

There is hope yet for my flight next week.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by JessicaTam
You are flying QR out of DOH during Ramadan and they are serving alcohol?

There is hope yet for my flight next week.
Indeed vintage Krug and Bollinger Rose on board *, but, of course, in Al Safwa, teas and coffee only.

To non-moslem stations.
JessicaTam likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 7:42 am
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnK
Wife and daughter won't be going to Saturday night dinner so that frees up a spot for Anat0l.

We'll be heading back to Brisbane Sunday afternoon.
You obviously missed post number 298 as we have extra spaces available.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Well I left the snorkel gear this time. Will need to go back when its a bit warmer I guess.

In the first lounge of the day, ANC Alaska Lounge. Bags were tagged to AKL ^
serfty and kirkwoodj like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Had an easy drive up to Dallas today, so just at the DFW Centurion Lounge sipping a cocktail and debating if I care enough to go find the AA Premium Lounge. Leaning towards no. After a shower and a few cocktails, lets do this short flight to SYD.
JohnSydney2000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.