Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 9:51 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Booking made for RACV Resort both nights. We'll be driving up Friday night and back Sunday PM.

Lots of catching up to do with the Fredd's given we are going over to see them in July.

@restlessinRNO, do you want to make your way to BNE and we can drive you up and back?
restlessinRNO and Fredd like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Oz Fest Organizers - Please upgrade myself and +1 to Platinum. My 14th Oz Fest! I am looking forward to meeting everyone again. Flights booked:

May 25 - SYD-MCY JQ790 1400-1535
May 27 - MCY-SYD QF1581 1805-1950.
kirkwoodj and Oz Fest like this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by QF WP
Booking made for RACV Resort both nights. We'll be driving up Friday night and back Sunday PM.

Lots of catching up to do with the Fredd's given we are going over to see them in July.

@restlessinRNO, do you want to make your way to BNE and we can drive you up and back?
QF WP - Thank you for your kind offer. PM sent. I am looking forward to meeting Mrs. QF WP and yourself again.
QF WP likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:50 am
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Watch this space as details will start to appear over the next few days.

There will be some prepayment needed and it's those details that are currently holding up proceedings. If they aren't ready in the immediate future I will just post what I have.

Last edited by Oz Fest; Apr 12, 2018 at 8:13 pm Reason: Added clickable link (watch does not equal click!!!)
Old Apr 12, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by Oz Fest
Watch this space as details will start to appear over the next few days.

There will be some prepayment needed and it's those details that are currently holding up proceedings. If they aren't ready in the immediate future I will just post what I have.
I clicked on the "Watch this space", but nothing happened!
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
try clearing your cookies and a forced refresh of the page.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I'm still trying to figure out arriving flights. I currently have JFK-LAX-BNE in Y+on QF.
I also have CX BOS-HKG-DXB to hopefully connect to EY F AUH-SYD then QF to BNE or swap HKG-DXB with HKG-BNE should J space open up. Work is having a problem with me taking 2 weeks off so trying to shave off time.

Return flight:
Tuesday 5/29 9:35 AM QF61 BNE-NRT, then some crazy round about way home from NRT.

Lodging:
I grabbed a semi refundable rate at Noosa Heads Motel (2 week advance cancel). I gave up AAA for AARP so not eligible for RACV Resort discount. I was looking at some AirBNB but hard to find something cheaper but still close to the main grou

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 12, 2018 at 2:28 pm
Old Apr 12, 2018, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by angra
try clearing your cookies and a forced refresh of the page.
Didn't work for me. I blame the recent FT internet brands driven UI enhancement
angra and Catweazle like this.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Just takes you to post #3 in this thread.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:45 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Is there anything planned for Sunday? Trying to decide which bus service to book down to Brisbane. There's nonstop service at 1030, 1240 and 1545 at $A25 one way.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
QF MCY- SYD flight not til 6pm, so I’m thinking brunch & boozin, then down to airport mid-afternoon
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: QF LTG, VA Gold, BA Gold, HH, SFSC
I get into MCY at 1810 on Friday and leave at 1805 on Sunday. Shared transport anyone?
Old Apr 13, 2018, 11:19 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JessicaTam
I get into MCY at 1810 on Friday and leave at 1805 on Sunday. Shared transport anyone?
Post 5 for flight/car details. Of the 38 Platinum we have info for 24.
But as normal, expect a few on the Platinum list to downgrade to Bronze and a few on the Gold list to upgrade to Platinum.

Currently you are the only person arriving at ~18:00.
But 4 are on QF1581 MCY SYD at 18:05
JessicaTam likes this.

Last edited by Oz Fest; Apr 13, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Cool

Great to see another good Roll Call for OzFest #15 , and am sure a great weekend is in store for all.

Margo and I sadly had a pre-booked holiday around these dates, to Chengdu and Kunming, and then up into Altitude Sickness territory in little visited Tibet for a week.

Tibet tourist travel occurs in a very narrow mid-year window of course and May was the only time to snag an Air China First award.

Please have a LARGE beer for us, and enjoy all the action up there in the Queensland Sun. When I kicked these weekends off 15 years back, I’d have bet that not even 10 cities were possible, as interest would slowly wane, and to see OzFest #15 on the horizon is amazing, and really great to see such a large number of the same folks make most years, as the camaraderie is always great.

A lot of long time overseas FT’ers are doubtless passing thru Sydney before and after, and please touch base by email, and we’ll see if we can get a FT dinner sorted as always down here, that suits a few plane schedules.

Glen
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by ozstamps
Please have a LARGE beer for us, and enjoy all the action up there in the Queensland Sun.
I reluctantly accept this dreadful imposition...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.