Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia. USA Memorial Day Weekend May 25-27, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
We are staying May 23-27 at the RACV Resort. Our AAA membership got us a promotional rate that includes breakfast. FYI our rates include three nights @ AUD $189, one @ $199, and one @ $209.

We went straight to their website, went to the Specials tab, and were able to apply our AAA membership.

Last edited by Fredd; Feb 7, 2018 at 5:55 pm
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by Fredd
We are staying May 23-27 at the RACV Resort. Our AAA membership got us a promotional rate that includes breakfast. FYI our rates include three nights @ AUD $189, one @ $199, and one @ $209.

We went straight to their website, went to the Specials tab, and were able to apply our AAA membership.
Yes, they do a good job of it
Am guessing that inviting to to come to the AU AGM dinner being held in SYD 24th Feb, or inaugural FTU in BNE 14-15 April is out of the question?
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Storyteller

Yes, they do a good job of it
Am guessing that inviting to to come to the AU AGM dinner being held in SYD 24th Feb, or inaugural FTU in BNE 14-15 April is out of the question?
We'd love to but Feb 24 we'll have just returned from Chongqing (CKG) via NYC , and April isn't possible. We were excited and pleased to see you and several other familiar faces on the FTU BNE speakers' list. ^

Looking forward to Oz Fest!
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 9:47 pm

Programs: First Time Flyer
We'd love to but Feb 24 we'll have just returned from Chongqing (CKG) via NYC
Enjoy the hot pot!
Are you doing the Three Gorges Dam?
Storyteller likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by penegal
Enjoy the hot pot!
Are you doing the Three Gorges Dam?
Thanks. ^ We'll definitely be ordering it "mild." I've learned not to challenge the chef.

We're not cruising and will get no farther than the Three Gorges museum and some area sightseeing. This is a super-bargain business fare on HU, which we've flown a few times before, that will earn us mega-status-miles on AS.

It's worth it to us to reposition from SEA via DAL to LGA and back for the JFK-CKG flight, something that only FTers would truly understand.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:22 am

Lol, I recall a couple of us challenging an Indian chef a few decades ago. I ordered "what your family would call medium" & partner ordered family-hot!

Never imagined feeling my ear canals sweating �� And oh dear! The hot one ! Let it be said no chef was challenged to do their worst again!! �� A very painful day followed...
Fredd likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Thanks. ^ We'll definitely be ordering it "mild." I've learned not to challenge the chef.

We're not cruising and will get no farther than the Three Gorges museum and some area sightseeing. This is a super-bargain business fare on HU, which we've flown a few times before, that will earn us mega-status-miles on AS.

It's worth it to us to reposition from SEA via DAL to LGA and back for the JFK-CKG flight, something that only FTers would truly understand.
Damn did I miss a good fare? Seems everything is back up to nearly $3K
Old Feb 8, 2018, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing
Damn did I miss a good fare? Seems everything is back up to nearly $3K
You did. As you know, HU offers great introductory fares on new routes. Let's hope they offer some more for us AS flyers as AS sheds partners.

I thought we might bump into you at JFK, as we did on that April 2016 HU flight LAX-CSX.

That was the very same month we bumped into fifa, Mr. fifa, and family at breakfast in the Cusco Hilton Garden Inn.

Oh, and 10 months before discovering we were staying at the Valletta, Malta Hilton at the same time as gvdIAD.

Small world strikes again!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 4:17 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Just made my booking at the Noosa Heads Motel on Noosa Drive, which works best for me being on foot.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum

Many thanks for the heads up. I have cancelled my original booking and have now booked at the RACV Resort at AUD$183/night. Very happy with the $$$$avings!
Fredd and Storyteller like this.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 5:57 pm
Oz Fest organizers
Original Poster

100 days to Oz Fest 15 ^
If you have not done so already, time to start booking flights & accommodation.

Hotels of attendees as this google doc link Click the hotel tab.
Flights of attendees as this google doc link Click the flights tab
Please PM Oz Fest any error's & omissions or email:- ozfest at mail.com (NOT gmail)

At the 100 days to go mark of the 34 who are Platinum, 16 are from Australia, 13 from USA, 2 from Canada & 3 from NZ .
30 of the 34 are repeat attendees.
Only 4 newbie's at this time.
After Australia Day (26 Jan) we usually only get 2 ~ 4 nett additional pax. Some Platinum's will downgrade to bronze and others will upgrade/sign up.

2 of the 34 attended Oz Fest 01 SYD 2004 (21 attended) (5%) QF WP & kpc
4 of the 34 attended Oz Fest 02 SYD 2005 (58 attended) (11%) QF WP, kpc, JohnSydney2000 & serfty
24 of the 34 attended Oz Fest 14 NTL 2017 (42 attended) (70%)
10 of the 34 have attended the last 6 Oz Fests (NTL OOL KKE ASP PER CBR)
25 of the 34 have attended 3 or more Oz Fests

Subscribe to this thread using thread tools (top of the page).
Or just click here: Subscribe to Oz Fest 15 Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia
Old Feb 13, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: QFF Platinum
My flight details
Fri 25 May VA 1509 Leaving MEL 10:30 am - Arriving MCY 12:50 pm
Mon 28 May VA 1508 Leaving MCY 12:25 pm - Arriving MEL 2:55 pm
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:15 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold

Originally Posted by chchkiwi
Many thanks for the heads up. I have cancelled my original booking and have now booked at the RACV Resort at AUD$183/night. Very happy with the $$$$avings!
We booked here as well $408 + breakfast for 2 nights (In 25 May, out 27 May).
Flights: 25 May JQ790: Syd 2pm Mcy 335pm
27 May JQ791: Mcy 405pm Syd 545pm
restlessinRNO, Fredd and chchkiwi like this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
For the next 7 hours there is a Virgin Australia "Happy Hour" sale covering the dates for this.

"Sunshine Coast" ex SYD AUD99 each way, ex MEL AUD $129 each way.

Happy Hour | Virgin Australia Happy Hour
Old Mar 29, 2018, 10:23 am

Reading with interest about the VA happy hour etc, and about to start a new search for flights, then realised I can drive
Still, if I'm dead keen to fly I could always go BNE SYD MCY
serfty likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.