Reload this Page >

Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cow Do XIII (EZE) - Sep 01 to Sep 04, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:47 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by JY1024
Excellent! ^

Edit to add: You'll have to forgive me...I did see some Patagonian beer at a store, but opted to drink wine tonight.
Disgraceful! See you all at lunch tomorrow. Anyone else staying at Hilton? (Puerto Madero)
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Just arrived EZE, in white taxi headed to Hilton ����
Welcome to COW DO. See you tomorrow.

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
Cancelled my hotel reservation for this weekend.
How sad. I guess we'll just have to drink your share of the Malbec.

Originally Posted by JY1024
Excellent! ^

Edit to add: You'll have to forgive me...I did see some Patagonian beer at a store, but opted to drink wine tonight.
How can there be a question? Malbec >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>beer.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Just as a heads up, the Beer that you will see a lot of is Patagonia - the brand. Its not actually made in Patagonia, although some of its ingredients are sourced there. Its good stuff, one of the best "non craft" beers made in Argentina.

One caveat, when drinking Patagonia, stick with these two varieties... Bohemian Pilsner and Amber Lager.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Ok, great, thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by manudesa
Hi Gaucho100K, sorry to be that late. I would like to join for Dinner tomorrow, and on Saturday. Friday + Saturday dinners. Abrazo
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Folks, does anybody have news on two participants which seem to have not updated their status...? Im referring to naustin and StartinSandiego....??

Thanks,
Alex
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Saturday Wine Tasting..... Fierro Hotel Palermo.

Lineup of Wines....
Wine #1 : Miras Joven Blanc, Patagonia
Wine #2 : Motoneta Malbec de Garage, Mendoza
Wine #3 : Jorge Catena Zapata Ricominciare Malbec Cabernet Franc, Mendoza
Wine #4 : Antologia XXXVIII Malbec Blend, Mendoza

We will be requesting a donation of AR$1100 per person.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do you accept US dollars?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: BAgo TPgo
Boarding GIG

On my way friends. GIG AEP AR1293. See you at dinner this evening! Cheers
Old Sep 1, 2017, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Or credit cards?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: UA, WN, Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Saturday Wine Tasting..... Fierro Hotel Palermo.

Lineup of Wines....
Wine #1 : Miras Joven Blanc, Patagonia
Wine #2 : Motoneta Malbec de Garage, Mendoza
Wine #3 : Jorge Catena Zapata Ricominciare Malbec Cabernet Franc, Mendoza
Wine #4 : Antologia XXXVIII Malbec Blend, Mendoza

We will be requesting a donation of AR$1100 per person.
Everyone attending the wine tasting tomorrow is in for a treat. I still have a bottle of Motoneta and two bottles of Antologia 38, which may not survive the weekend as I will be joining you in spirit(s). I got an early start yesterday evening by opening another Malbec not on Gaucho's list for tomorrow.

I am surely disappointed in missing the DO this weekend, which is almost as bad as missing the World Cup qualifier on Tuesday between Argentina and Venezuela. Unfortunately with IAH affected by the storm I could not reschedule an arrival in EZE before tomorrow, and even that was sketchy since I live in a UA outstation and connecting flights into IAH are being cancelled or rerouted through hubs. I will say UA employees have been very helpful and open with me as they deal with extremely difficult conditions.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Yes, we will accept Dollars and Pesos.
Credit cards also, although cash would be preferred.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:06 am
Original Poster

We would prefer cash but if that is too much hassle we will also take credit cards.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by TravelKane
Or credit cards?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:07 am
Original Poster

You will be missed...... but we will catch up later this month when you are down here.

Cheers,
Alex

Originally Posted by KayakingNow
Everyone attending the wine tasting tomorrow is in for a treat. I still have a bottle of Motoneta and two bottles of Antologia 38, which may not survive the weekend as I will be joining you in spirit(s). I got an early start yesterday evening by opening another Malbec not on Gaucho's list for tomorrow.

I am surely disappointed in missing the DO this weekend, which is almost as bad as missing the World Cup qualifier on Tuesday between Argentina and Venezuela. Unfortunately with IAH affected by the storm I could not reschedule an arrival in EZE before tomorrow, and even that was sketchy since I live in a UA outstation and connecting flights into IAH are being cancelled or rerouted through hubs. I will say UA employees have been very helpful and open with me as they deal with extremely difficult conditions.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:08 am
Original Poster

I will be at SottoVoce early, at approx 1230 to catch up on some work.

I have a reservation under the name "FlyerTalk". Im guessing they will be seating us downstairs, although you never know until you get there.....

Look forward to seeing everybody.

Cheers,
Alex
Old Sep 1, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Poster

I havent heard from a couple of participants so I will book a somewhat larger table for SottoVoce today...... in the event that folks show up last minute we will play it by ear and resolve things somehow... ^

See everybody in a bit !!!!
Alex

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.