Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
To make a last minute trip and join, or not... that's the great question

I'd love to visit, I've never been to Argentina
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:27 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
You should come !!!!! ^

Originally Posted by krazykanuck

Old Aug 22, 2017, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Just do it!

BTW, I just noticed a thread that was started today in the Premium Fare Deals subforum about a RT business class fare on AM (connecting through MEX) from Canada to EZE for about $1700. AM is a SkyTeam member.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 26, 2017 at 3:30 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts from same member
Old Aug 22, 2017, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

I'm packed up and leaving tomorrow for Iguazu Falls! See you all next week.
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
You should come !!!!! ^
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Just do it!
Thanks, we'll see what I can do! I have a commitment to something on the 5th (not something I want or chose to do, mind you) so I need to see if I can move it, waive it, or send somebody in my place. More to come tomorrow/Thursday.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
I'm packed up and leaving tomorrow for Iguazu Falls! See you all next week.
Enjoy the falls. I did them last year on the way to COW DO, when I could see the Brazilian side also without a visa.

If you're in Brazil, I highly recommend the Bird Park (zoo for birds, focusing on local species) near (walking distrance from the transit stop) the park entrance. I was charmed by the big aviary with hundreds of macaws flying freely around me, although the first few swoops startled me.

Just don't get bitten trying to pet/fed/photograph the wildlife in the park. <dumb tourists>

Thanks, we'll see what I can do! I have a commitment to something on the 5th (not something I want or chose to do, mind you) so I need to see if I can move it, waive it, or send somebody in my place. More to come tomorrow/Thursday.
The 5th is not necessarily a problem. If you leave from EZE the evening of Monday the 4th, you arrive in the USA extremely early in the morning (for example, before 6 am for the DL flight to ATL, but most flights to the USA seem to leave EZE around the same time except for one AR flight) on the 5th.

If anyone likes "bliss" toiletries (from aloft and W hotels), I can offer to bring some: the (dark blue) bar soap and multiple small tubes of the body lotion. I don't use it but I know that some people adore the stuff. So, if more than one person volunteers to take it, you can fight among yourselves; otherwise it goes to the first responder. [Unfortunately most hotels now use the dispensers for shampoo/conditioner and body wash rather than providing the small containers.]

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Aug 27, 2017 at 9:59 am Reason: merge consecutive posts from same member
Old Aug 25, 2017, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
If anybody is coming down from California and has baggage allowance to spare, and doesnt mind bringing down a few bottles of Champagne, please PM me ASAP and we can arrange details... Thanks !!!

Same thing for anybody coming down from Florida.... thanks !!! ^

Last edited by Sweet Willie; Aug 27, 2017 at 9:57 am Reason: combine posts
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:50 am

What's the outcome? Will we see you in Buenos Aires?

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
I'm flying in on DL0101 from ATL, arriving 9/1 at 9:20 AM. Is anyone on the same flight interested in sharing a ride into the city?
I'm on the same flight but a different day, unless something goes badly wrong.

When are you returning to the USA, I assume on DL too?

I just saw a post in the SPG forum saying that the Sheraton in the park (on the Argentina side, so no visa is required) at the Falls is leaving Starwood at the end of September and reflagging as a Four Seasons. This might be a reason for people to go to the Falls this year and stay there overnight while it's still possible under the SPG program.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 26, 2017 at 3:47 pm Reason: Corrected date for deflagging of Sheraton
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Folks.... ive just completed the Schedule of Events, please see Post #4 on the 1st page of this Master thread for all the details.

Please be so kind as to post your attendance to each of the events, so that we can make the reservations.

IMPORTANT: for the Charity Wine Tasting Events at the Fierro Hotel, we have a maximum capacity of 8 (eight) participants for each event - this is not counting me. We will manage this on a first come first served basis, so anybody left out of the Saturday event will have 1st picks for the event on Monday. We need a minumum of 5 (five) participants for the Monday Tasting event to happen, so while it is on the schedule we will wait and see if we have the critica mass required. Those interested to double-dip (ie attend both tastings) are welcome to sign up and I will see if we are able to accomodate you.

Also, if Ive missed someone thats confirmed for this, please let me know... Ive scanned through this thread and I think I have everybody down that is ticketed and expecting to join...... thanks for your assistance with this !!! ^

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Aug 26, 2017 at 3:35 pm Reason: merge consecutive posts from same member
Old Aug 26, 2017, 3:37 pm

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Friday September 1st

1300 hrs - Lunch @ SottoVoce Libertador

SottoVoce Libertador
Av. Libertador 1098
(cross street Ayacucho)
www.sottovoce.com.ar

2030 hrs - Dinner @ Parilla La Dorita

La Dorita Palermo Hollywood
Humboldt 1892
(cross street Costa Rica)
www.parillaladorita.com.ar

Saturday September 2nd

1100 hrs - Charity Wine Tasting @ Fierro Hotel Palermo

Fierro Hotel Palermo
Soler 5862
(cross street Emilio Ravignani)
www.fierrohotel.com

1400 hrs - Lunch @ Morelia Palermo Hollywood

Morelia Palermo Hollywood
Humboldt 2005
(cross street is Nicaragua)
www.morelia.com.ar

2030 hrs - Dinner @ Don Julio

Don Julio Parilla
Guatemala 4699
(cross street Gurruchaga)
www.parrilladonjulio.com.ar

Sunday September 3rd

Day Trip to Colonia / Montevideo
Day Trip to Estancia

Monday September 4th

2nd Charity Wine Tasting - Fierro Hotel Palermo
I definitely want to do dinner Friday and Saturday and (of course) both wine tastings if at all possible.

In addition, please mark me as tentative for the two lunches (Friday and Saturday) since I often find that having lunch and dinner on the same day in Buenos Aires is too much food, as much as fish/Italian and then grilled pizza is very appealing.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I would like to participate in all Friday and Saturday events on schedule.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:19 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
I would like to participate in all Friday and Saturday events on schedule.
Ditto - please put me down for all Friday and Saturday events! TBD on Monday wine tasting...potentially interested, but not sure if I'm going to be in BA or Uruguay that day.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the outcome? Will we see you in Buenos Aires?
Still undecided. I was able to get out of my commitment on the 5th, but I am waiting another day or two until this Hurricane Harvey nonsense is a bit more settled and make sure I don't have a flooded house to contend with. Also need to run it past el jefe, though I don't see much of an issue on that front. Flight prices seem stable so I'm not in a terrible hurry to book.

Would fly south either 29th or 30th, and back on the 5th and stay at the Hilton, assuming there is still availability.

Last edited by krazykanuck; Aug 26, 2017 at 6:32 pm
Old Aug 26, 2017, 9:17 pm

List of Participants / Interested parties...... updated as of 5/14/17

Interested - 6
macdonaldj2
FlyingCow
24left
Dublin_rfk
Oskibear+1

Confirmed - 12
Kewldude21
Psyduck1
kirkwoodj
StartinSanDiego+1
naustin
KayakingNow
manudesa
TravelKane
MSPeconomist
JY1024
Gaucho100K

Out for this year - 06
Hiddy
SkiAdcock
Zorak
GarySTL
CMK10
MsEverywhere
I noticed two posts in this thread that I interpreted as confirming participation in this year's COW DO, although you might be aware that these people have since dropped out:

frb98mf, post #125 (This person posted also in the COW DO thread you started in the Argentina forum.)

soupxxxx, posts #131 and #132

Both seem to have arranged lodging for COW DO.

In addition, YYZC2 posted an intention to attend in post #128 but then cancelled in post #139 .

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Aug 26, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Old Aug 27, 2017, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Thank you MSP Economist..... I will include them in the PM communications !!!

^ ^ ^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.