Soup Do 14 June 9, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Soup Do 14 June 9, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:58 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Inbound aircraft is on time, clear skies are here and in New York so barring any calamities I'll see you all in a few short hours.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 11:40 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Doing happy Cat dance now for CMK10
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold 0.66MM, MR LT Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bdnyc
If you're coming into Manhattan by PATH from Newark, take it to WTC (World Trade Center) and then take the E train uptown to Fifth Ave (53 Street.)

La Bonne Soupe is on 55 between Fifth and Sixth (48 W 55 Street)

Check website mta.info where there are maps, and a convenient trip planner.

thewayofthefuture, did I get that right?
That makes sense, or you can change to a 33rd street-bound PATH train at Journal Square or Grove, ride that to the end and get on the F to 57th/6th. Exit at the back of the train and you're a half-block away from the restaurant. It's three trains instead of two, but I would think it's a more direct trip rather than going all the way downtown.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 12:13 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Ill be coming from MEOW MEOW work in Hoboken but taking path to 33rd. Then I get on N or R to 57th, get out on 55rh street side (get on last subway car) and walk two blocks to LaBonne Soup.

at least you have several options.

see you in a few hours
Old Jun 9, 2017, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
An early arrival at LGA for myself and FriendlySkies. We're relaxing at the Centurion Lounge before heading into the city.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:51 am
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Another purrfect evening and from the looks of things we all had a great time.

Wonderful to see you all and we must do this,again.

if you are in NYC feel free to reach out to me. Provided I'm not up to my eyes in CATS I'd love to come to NYC and hang out.

have a MEOWY summer
Old Jun 10, 2017, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Catman
Another purrfect evening and from the looks of things we all had a great time.

Wonderful to see you all and we must do this,again.

if you are in NYC feel free to reach out to me. Provided I'm not up to my eyes in CATS I'd love to come to NYC and hang out.

have a MEOWY summer
great to meet you last night! Food was excellent! Looking forward to 2018
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: QF LTG
I was just thinking "it must be about time for soup do" and sure enough I missed it can't wait for next time!
Old Jun 13, 2017, 9:08 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Thanks again to the Cat for another successful event.
Looking forward to next year.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 8:20 am

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
I really wanted to attend the Soup DO since Le Bonne Soup is a fav and would've been my 2nd SD. However, we had friends with us, who flew in from DTW to attend BRT 17 with us, and they wanted to see a show. So,we got tickets for "Beautiful..." and went to Le Bernardin for cocktails and appetizers before the performance. A highlight, other than the food of course, was that we were able to meet, and have our photo taken, with Eric Ripert, chef and owner. My step son is a pastry chef in Minneapolis, and honed his skills in France, so this photo was a real treat for him!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Thanks to Catman for arranging a lovely dinner outing. La Bonne was lovely....and the company, delightful!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Catman and attendees, thanks to all for yet another Friday night Soup Do!!! ^
Old Jun 25, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Thanks to Catman for hosting another purfect dinner gathering.

I was supposed to land at 4;30 which would give me at least 3 hours to make it to dinner, but with a delay with Virgin America and a delay with the hotel van we were an hour late.

Received a great welcome when I did arrive. ^

Thanks to everyone in attendance it was great to meet some new friends and renew old friendships.

Until next time, which probably won't be next year, New York is so dam expensive and the traffic is insane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.