Reload this Page >

10th Annual WineDo - June 11, 2017 in NYC at North Square

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10th Annual WineDo - June 11, 2017 in NYC at North Square

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
After looking around the the past month i kept thinking the 10 year + was the rule, now I reread the requirements.

Hard to find 10year old especially me who doesn't keep wine in the house.

I tasted some interesting wine a few weeks ago which might be good but it was cheaper than $35.00 a bottle.
I can help with that. Just let me know the palate/type preferences and I'd see what I have in storage. Though, fair disclosure, I don't have any (or any good) wines from OZ
Old Mar 19, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
After looking around the the past month i kept thinking the 10 year + was the rule, now I reread the requirements.

Hard to find 10year old especially me who doesn't keep wine in the house.

I tasted some interesting wine a few weeks ago which might be good but it was cheaper than $35.00 a bottle.
Just to remind you and the other attendees... if you want to go in (share the cost) with another attendee and share the cost of a bottle, that will work. ie 2 people each contribute a minimum of $35 each to purchase a $70 bottle.

I'm going to amend the original theme to say that it would be fine to bring a half bottle of something sweet. $35 goes a long way to finding something that we'll all enjoy drinking after dinner. @:-)

Dan
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt, Marriott Silver
I would love to join you for this one, flying back from Prague the day before, perhaps I could find a good Czech wine of that vintage year....anyway, please put me on your wait list.

Thanks, Pam
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:08 am

Wait list please
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Since I do not keep a list of what I have in each place, I just now took a look at the NY collection and the first two bottles that I laid hand on that would qualify for this dinner were a Foxen Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir 2003 and a Fidelitas Cab Champoux Vineyard 2007. Unliess the host would prefer that I keep looking, he can put down these two as what we will bring.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by monitor
Since I do not keep a list of what I have in each place, I just now took a look at the NY collection and the first two bottles that I laid hand on that would qualify for this dinner were a Foxen Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir 2003 and a Fidelitas Cab Champoux Vineyard 2007. Unliess the host would prefer that I keep looking, he can put down these two as what we will bring.
No need to look further. Your reputation at WineDo speaks for itself. Now about that Henry of Pelham.

dh
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhammer53
...Now about that Henry of Pelham. ...dh
Perhaps a group for a wine weekend on the Niagara Peninsula? Could be combined with some GB Shaw at Niagara-on-the Lake. September is an excellent time for such nonsense.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Perhaps a group for a wine weekend on the Niagara Peninsula? Could be combined with some GB Shaw at Niagara-on-the Lake. September is an excellent time for such nonsense.
I could be talked into this...
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I happen to be available the last weekend in August.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Paypal information will be PM'd in the next couple of weeks. I expect the cost to be the same as last year. Give or take $85.00. That's all-in. Food. Tax. Tip. Corkage.

FYI, feel free to post your wines when you know what you're going to bring.

If you want to source a bottle from me or DLRoads, let us know.

If you want to get together with another attendee and pool your money, I think that would be a good idea. One $70 bottle should (in theory) be better than 2 $35 bottles. YMMV.

dh
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Sounds like fun to me!
Old Apr 13, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Unless there are objections I will be bringing a 2005 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BOB W
Unless there are objections I will be bringing a 2005 Januik Cabernet Sauvignon Champoux Vineyard
No objections. We know you enjoy wines of the NW, and so do we. ^

dh
Old Apr 14, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by dhammer53
ACV has always been a WineDo favorite, and a sentimental one at that.

I've added to the waitlist.

Dan
I'm looking at the list(s) of wines announced, as well as inventory. I offered '90 ACV (still on the table). I'm also taking votes for '97 Beringer Vineyards Cabernet Sbragia 125 Anniversary.
If I can't get votes, I may switch to bubbles.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

You get my vote for the Beringer since, if I know you as well as I think I do, you will just bring along with it a bottle of bubbles as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.