Wiki Posts
Search

18th Annual BRT - June 10, 2017 Saturday in Brooklyn NY

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2017, 8:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dhammer53
This will be the first time in a long time that there will be no empty seats on the tour. Good thing Marty isn't coming.
Yeah but in his absence who'll heckle you during your commentary?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by tcook052
Yeah but in his absence who'll heckle you during your commentary?
Marty never heckled. He kept me company. Last year Henry (a +1) was fun to have on the tour.

dh
Old Apr 16, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Marty never heckled. He kept me company. Last year Henry (a +1) was fun to have on the tour.

dh
Ha ha.

I have "heckled" in the past by videoing a little bit of your tour spiel because we just don't get NY accents like yours out here on my part of the west coast. My trip pic albums would never be complete without a little Dan BRT speak.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by boxo
Ha ha.

I have "heckled" in the past by videoing a little bit of your tour spiel because we just don't get NY accents like yours out here on my part of the west coast. My trip pic albums would never be complete without a little Dan BRT speak.
If you were to take 20 New Yorkers, I'm the one with the least accent. Living the the burbs all these years has 'polished' my rough edges.

Since today is 4/17 (fee was due 4/15), if anyone wants to join in the tour, I can clear 1 seat immediately.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:12 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I can be counted on to heckle Dan or anyone else
Old Apr 29, 2017, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Hopefully will get out of my friend's baby shower in time to make it to L&B!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Someone just had to cancel. Once I ask for $$...

I can confirm two additional people. This will make you a total of 4.
Still have one spot open? Working on the husband to see if he wants to come along - will have an answer by morning.
Old May 1, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miffSC
Still have one spot open? Working on the husband to see if he wants to come along - will have an answer by morning.
There's one poster in the OP that promised me he was mailing a check from out of the country. I'll PM him and see if he's still interested. Give me a couple of days to get back to you.

dh
Old May 2, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
There's one poster in the OP that promised me he was mailing a check from out of the country. I'll PM him and see if he's still interested. Give me a couple of days to get back to you.

dh
Sure. I'll be out of country until the 9th..... you can always let my west coast buddy know and he can get in touch with me
Old May 7, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by miffSC
I''m holding a seat open for miffSC's +1. Let me know if you still want it. PM for paypal information if you don't have it.

dh
Old May 8, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: united, american, alaska
I should remember this, but don't. About what time do things end? I am trying to work some theatre tickets for the weekend so probably need to cut out early. It's not an issue but I need to coordinate plans with somebody else so need to have an estimate.
Old May 8, 2017, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mhnadel
I should remember this, but don't. About what time do things end? I am trying to work some theatre tickets for the weekend so probably need to cut out early. It's not an issue but I need to coordinate plans with somebody else so need to have an estimate.
We get back to the starting point (near Grand Central Terminal) between 9:30 and 10:00 pm (2130 - 2200).

If you want to work backwards, we stop at L&B for our pizza dinner between 6: - 7:00. There's a subway 3 blocks away. ETA back to midtown Manhattan > 45 minutes. Or, last year we stopped for a late afternoon snack (see below). That ws 4:30 ish. The subway is a couple of blocks away. ETA to midtown > 20 - 25 minutes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lunch here starting at 11:00 - 12:30. Plenty of new gourmet vendors. http://www.smorgasburg.com/2016/03/n...sburg-vendors/ This is a big hit every year.

Attention new riders > come hungry.

Check out all the non food vendors. http://brooklynflea.com/vendors/
Last year, we stopped here as a substitute for the late afternoon Starbucks stop. http://www.butterandscotch.com/menu/

dh
Old May 8, 2017, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Pick up location: Write it down.

234 East 46 street. It's the same location as previous tours. This is between Second and Third Avenue on the east side. It's just down the block from Sparks Steakhouse.

Arrive 9:30 - 9:45. Doors close at 10:00. Departure immediately following. Its happened before, and it will happen again. I did leave Catman, one of my oldest dearest FT friends, behind.

Rest assured that I will not be calling you if you're late. If you want my cell, please PM me. If you are running late, I'll give you directions to our first stop; and it's not going to be easy this year if the L line shuts down for the weekend, in anticipation of an 18 month closure.

You'll need cash for pizza at L&B + bakery goodies + lunch at http://www.smorgasburg.com/ < extended lunch here, overlooking the eastside of midtown Manhattan.

Depending on time, I may make adjustments to the itn. New stops this year? Maybe. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind going back to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, (BRT 3 stopped here) but that's a minimum of 60 - 90 minutes.
I guess we could cut back on the food and bakery and snack stops, but then why bother with the tour.

This was suggested > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Bennett_Field It's a possibility. We'll see.

Write it down > pick up location 234 East 46 street. It happens every year. Someone will post here or PM me asking where the pick up location is.

dh
Old May 9, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Pick up location: Write it down.

234 East 46 street. It's the same location as previous tours. This is between Second and Third Avenue on the east side. It's just down the block from Sparks Steakhouse.

Arrive 9:30 - 9:45. Doors close at 10:00. Departure immediately following. Its happened before, and it will happen again. I did leave Catman, one of my oldest dearest FT friends, behind.

Rest assured that I will not be calling you if you're late. If you want my cell, please PM me. If you are running late, I'll give you directions to our first stop; and it's not going to be easy this year if the L line shuts down for the weekend, in anticipation of an 18 month closure.

You'll need cash for pizza at L&B + bakery goodies + lunch at http://www.smorgasburg.com/ < extended lunch here, overlooking the eastside of midtown Manhattan.

Depending on time, I may make adjustments to the itn. New stops this year? Maybe. Truth be told, I wouldn't mind going back to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, (BRT 3 stopped here) but that's a minimum of 60 - 90 minutes.
I guess we could cut back on the food and bakery and snack stops, but then why bother with the tour.

This was suggested > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Bennett_Field It's a possibility. We'll see.

Write it down > pick up location 234 East 46 street. It happens every year. Someone will post here or PM me asking where the pick up location is.

dh
I added the address to the mobile, against the phone number I had for Dan; I hope you haven't changed numbers from the one ending in 209
Old May 11, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: free agent in the air; HY/HH Diamond; orphan points here/there
Waitlist me, por favor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.