Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Up for a PDX area meet up - Sunday, February 12, 4pm?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver

Back in November my work caused a relocation to the PDX area. I've gotten settled in and have started meeting a few folks, but this work thing has been keeping me busy. I realize that I don't know any FTers in the area anymore, and so I figured I would throw it out to the forum and see who might be interested in meeting up?

My thought would be dinner and/or drinks one evening or on a weekend, but my schedule is sort of flexible and I am open to anything. So, who is around the Portland area and up for meeting? Let me know and we can figure out a date and location...
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Hi Dan! Welcome to town!

I am happy to meet up for dinner or drinks just about any evening except for Wednesdays. Evenings during the week will need to be after 6pm for me, but weekends are usually flexible.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:50 pm

My sister and I are across the river in Vancouver, but we might be persuaded to cross over. I am now retired, sold my house, and a nomad to use my miles/points and everything I've learned on FT. My sister is also retired. So, we're flexible, except I will start traveling on Jan 11 (several months in Hawaii). Weekends slightly better due to the bridge traffic during the week.

It would be fun to meet other enthusiasts (aka crazy people).
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Seattle resident, in transit to/from WAS and LAX on a fairly regular basis, so I'm a definite maybe for airport-area evening meetups (generally not T/W/Th however)
Old Jan 2, 2017, 11:47 pm

My schedule is a little hectic these days, but I'd also be down for dinner or drinks during an evening, and could likely attend with enough advance notice. I've met PDX based FT'ers on mileage runs in the past, so I know there are others out there, and also others who pass through here from time to time. Just nothing ever organized for a PDX meetup (as far as I know).
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
There was a big one once with Captain Denny, i happened to be going through town on a MR that day. Ill be going back and forth through PDX on my VX runs. Anyone have a room to rent
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
I'm definitely down.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
63 showed up for the event on Jan 22, 2012 and nearly as many for the next morning's station tour. Here's a short Slideshow.

Originally Posted by CDKing
There was a big one once with Captain Denny, i happened to be going through town on a MR that day. Ill be going back and forth through PDX on my VX runs. Anyone have a room to rent
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:33 pm

What kind of arrangements would be required to put something like that on again?
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA, DL, EK, HH, SBUX, Global Entry
I would definitely be up for this.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 11:59 am
Original Member

Programs: TSA Refusenik charter member
When I think "meet up" I think happy hour drinks/nibbles, not grand scale DOs. I'm usually up for the former depending on my class schedule.

OP, just propose a time and date that works for you. Those who can make it will, those who can't will try to catch you next time.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 100K, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Silver
I think we will start with something simple, but maybe planning for next great DO can be started....

I will follow up with a day and location this week, work is a little busy due to our weather out here.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by jinglish
What kind of arrangements would be required to put something like that on again?
I could probably try to organize something with a few of my United and PDX contacts.

Could always meet up for a beer one night at Berlin on the east side. Decent brews, bring your own food, etc.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just got transferred to a project in Portland and would be interested in meeting up at a lounge or airport bar sometime. I normally fly AA but looks like only United offers ORD-PDX service compatible with my work schedule.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Hartmann
Could always meet up for a beer one night at Berlin on the east side. Decent brews, bring your own food, etc.
The Berlin Inn in Brooklyn? Google Maps says it's been closed and turned into a restaurant--unless you're referring to someplace else.

Since OP hasn't emerged from our snowstorm and offered a date, would anyone object to shooting for 1/30 or 1/31 while we determine a venue?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.