Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:43 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Dear Santas,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.... I had a great time away in NYC... and needed the time away.

I spent yesterday and today going through the 133 Santa messages I received while I was away. I also sent messages to everyone where I show outstanding issues.

As I noted in my message, if I get no positive response back, I assume all gifts were delivered. Also, as in all previous years, I do forward any feedback on gifts (good or bad) to your Santa.

At the current time, I have at least three delinquent Santas who have not responded at all even though they have been on Flyertalk recently. Two of the three have participated in FT Secret Santa a few times. Their Santas have not received gifts.... so I may need some people to step in as in years past. If you are willing to accept an assignment to send a gift without getting one in return please send me a message. Let me know if you only want US assignment or willing to accept an international assignment.

I appreciate that most of you followed through on your commitments!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 11:45 am
Original Poster

I do want to thank each of you for all you did to make this a successful endeavor again.... I keep wondering why I keep doing this... and your enjoyment makes it worthwhile.

I also want to thank the person who sent us the wine. It was put to good use during our two holiday parties we hosted!
Old Jan 3, 2017, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by wharvey
Dear Santas,

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season.... I had a great time away in NYC... and needed the time away.

I spent yesterday and today going through the 133 Santa messages I received while I was away. I also sent messages to everyone where I show outstanding issues.

As I noted in my message, if I get no positive response back, I assume all gifts were delivered. Also, as in all previous years, I do forward any feedback on gifts (good or bad) to your Santa.

At the current time, I have at least three delinquent Santas who have not responded at all even though they have been on Flyertalk recently. Two of the three have participated in FT Secret Santa a few times. Their Santas have not received gifts.... so I may need some people to step in as in years past. If you are willing to accept an assignment to send a gift without getting one in return please send me a message. Let me know if you only want US assignment or willing to accept an international assignment.

I do hope my recipients received their goodies. I don't think one has posted here, but the others did.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, AA Platinum (but I also just pay for upgrades if I want them)
Totally forgot to post all of my gifts when I received them - sorry Santas who are out there.

Gift #1 - no person identified
swimsuit, goggles and amazon gift card

Gift #2 - no person identified
swimsuit and amazon gift card

Gift #3 - no person identified
two books, red t-shirt and swimsuit

Other Gifts
- Kenny sent cookies from Amsterdam
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:27 pm

Thank you, wharvey and elves for running things! I had a lot of fun shopping for my giftee, even though they haven't posted their gifts. I hope they enjoyed everything.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ckidder331
Totally forgot to post all of my gifts when I received them - sorry Santas who are out there.

Gift #1 - no person identified
swimsuit, goggles and amazon gift card

Gift #2 - no person identified
swimsuit and amazon gift card

Gift #3 - no person identified
two books, red t-shirt and swimsuit
What, no pictures?

Aren't you going to model them for us?
Old Jan 4, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: ??????????
Holy Presents Batman

I'm just speechless. Awesome presents that me, my wife and my pup will all enjoy.

Dog treats, and local South Carolina treats -- yes, grits are treats.

Swanky Georgia socks, a Tile (so i don't lose my keys!), and The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction ... time to nerd out!

Wow, thank you Secret Santa from Aiken, SC

We just got home after being away for several weeks and it always takes USPS a few days to actually get stuff to us after we hold our mail.
Attached Images    
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA, AA ,FB, Marriott, Enterprise,Amex
Just wanted to express my gratitude to me Secret Santa, Josh. The Hawaii travel book was incredibly handy on my recent trip. All the edibles have been so delicious, too. So glad I was able to participate!!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
A bit late posting of my second thank you note here. I forgot to pack all the goodies when rushing off to Denmark for Xmas.

I got a whole load of small packages, containing coffee, an LED light, dried mangos, key rings, a book. And a reason to get a nicer hand writing, a fountain pen. Also my own private Hong Kong street sign. And a Nathan Road one not pictured.

Thank you secret santa

Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by thehowieee
I'm just speechless. Awesome presents that me, my wife and my pup will all enjoy.

Dog treats, and local South Carolina treats -- yes, grits are treats.

Swanky Georgia socks, a Tile (so i don't lose my keys!), and The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction ... time to nerd out!

Wow, thank you Secret Santa from Aiken, SC

We just got home after being away for several weeks and it always takes USPS a few days to actually get stuff to us after we hold our mail.
Hard to keep secrets when you live in and ship from Aiken

Last edited by miffSC; Jan 4, 2017 at 9:29 pm
Old Jan 5, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: SQ PPS, KLM Platinum, Air Berlin gold, HHonors Gold, SPG gold
Thanks for organising this annually wharvey - my first time this year, and I'll certainly return the next!

If any Sant-ees are missing gifts please PM me the locations and I will do my best to step in for at least one of them.

Originally Posted by wharvey
Dear Santas,

Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:01 am
Original Poster

IF anyone is interested in helping out by taking on another assignment, please message me personally and indicate any geographic restrictions.

Sadly, I may need several people to help out. I will pick up a few even though I did not participate.... but I cannot take all.

Disappointing that I have 3 or 4 bad Santas right now... all but one are members who have participated for a few years.

I will begin the process of suspending those members tomorrow if they fail to reach out to me.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: MR, TYP, AA, B6, DL, WN, HH, MB, 2V
PM sent, happy to pick one more Santee up!
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by thehowieee
Sorry I couldn't post a pix of your dog.
Disclaimer: the Elves in Santa's Workshop did not send a dog to thehowieee. We're capable of lots of things, but not that.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:41 am
Original Poster

I can still use a few fill-in Santas.... I plan to send out the savior assignments this afternoon after my noon deadline to the delinquent Santas passes.

I appreciate anyone who would be willing to step forward and help out. Please send me a message if you can help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.