Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: BAEC; IHG; Accor
Additional gift

Thank you Santa for the universal travel plug that I received Friday.

An absolute godsend.

Hopefully over the next few days, I'll figure out how to upload pictures from this phone.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by MissJoeyDFW
Nice gifts but I am really digging the granite and the backsplash. I like the colors and I really like the shape of the backsplash tiles.
Thanks-we just renovated our kitchen-I can't take credit, though-my daughter picked it out. We can't decorate without her!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold

Big thanks to Annexation for The Little Prince in Latin, a Google Play gift card, and the Eumig C16. I need to find a good place to display it

Big thanks to Lindsay (hope I have it right) for a book, a case of hot sauce, and a shave kit. It came at the perfect time. I'm leaving to NYC in a few hours, and I had just realized that I forgot to buy some toiletries.

Thanks.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: Former AA EXP, DL PM, BAEC Bronze, SPG GOLD, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Secret Santa Suprise

Just got home late last night after 3 hard weeks on the road. When what to my surprise do I find:

Name:  Santa2016.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  38.3 KB

Thank you TOKYOFOODIE. This will help unwind after the last 28 hours in economy!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, IHG, Amtrak
I finally got a chance snap a glamour shot of my presents from my Secret Santa. I received a fancy mesh chair (comes with locking mechanism and extra strap in case I don't use or lose the outer bag), a hot air balloon calendar, and a luggage scale. Thanks FT SS! Merry Christmas!

Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thank you!

Opened my gifts from my SS today and love them! The Geek Dad's guide has a ton of great ideas and we'll put them to great use. We love playing "Would you rather" in the car and now with the deck, we'll get some new scenarios to play with. The first aid kit will be a great addition to my running gear and will be in the car with me during the winter!

Finally, not sure if this last item it from my SS or someone else but I also opened a T-shirt from Thailand and had a great laugh as we had just seen Rogue One yesterday and love both Star Wars and heavy metal.

Before

After

Shirt

Have a Merry Christmas SS! I really enjoy being a member of the Flytertalk community.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Just got back from a quick vacation and found a couple parcels left for me at my neighbours! One from Japan and another from the Netherlands!

I believe I'm still waiting on one more? There were a couple of delivery tags left for me as well so will have to go to the post office when they reopen. Hopefully they're still there as I've been away two weeks..

Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Thank you to my secret santa for the third gift!! I love the coasters with a world map decor! I needed new coasters too! I use them all the time and will think of you. What a sweet reminder! Your generosity is overwhelming. Three gifts for me!! Thank you so much!! We have such a small family and these gifts really mean a lot to me. Please know they are very much appreciated! Have a wonderful holiday! Poptarts
Attached Images  

Last edited by poptarts; Dec 25, 2016 at 8:49 pm
Old Dec 26, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Well it took some time, but right before Christmas both my Secret Santa's gifts arrived! I got one message before that Swedish customs didn't want to send my gift, so my Secret Santa had to come up with a Plan B and it was delivered on the 24th in the end!

Nicely packed and beautiful gift wrapped it came all the way from Sweden:

Unwrapped it was a great gift, nice momento from a BA First trip. Actually really liked the amenity kit! Loved to Flyertalk label And also some very nice candle light holders. Already used during Christmas dinner on the table. Thanks!

Don't know where my other Secret Santa came from, but got them delivered by Amazon. The weren't wrapped, so the first one I actually opened before Christmas already. The travel books both come very much in handy! And also a tile mate for your keys going missing. Luck would have it, that this indeed is a very welcome Christmas gift. Thanks!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:22 am

My SS gift is waiting for me in SF. I can't wait to open it Thursday when I get back in town!
Old Dec 26, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
My Santa Gifts Rock!!

Sorry Santa's I did not update yesterday. I had emergency dental surgery on the 24th and typing while on pain meds was problematic. On the plus side...Christmas was awesome- I was in a very happy state of mind

Santa Amazon ( I am not sure who you are).

What a great selection of fun beer gifts. I'll be tailgating for the Cowboys playoff game and your cooler will be perfect as I can use it walking to the stadium and stuff it in my clear backpack without issue! Thank you- it is perfect for me!!

Santa Hockey Mom 93 ( Sandi)
Love the mix of goodies! I do not have any candle "warmers"- the Scentsy burner set smells warm and wonderful. The cups are perfect for poolside- they look and feel great. This will be an upgrade over my collection of blue plastic from Krogers I will always use the Aveda and love the travel size.
I loved the presentation and contents- Thank You-its perfect!!

Secret Santa sent from Las Vegas ( who are you?)

What a great group of fun stuff! Love the skin products and the alarm is so timely- I had on my " to do" list to get an alarm/ whistle as I am walking outdoors more while on the road. Perfect!!

https://flic.kr/p/Qx1Pe5

Santa David- MrDPlus...your wife is livin' the dream! My sister asked her husband " why don't you get me gifts like Lisa's secret Santa". The wine and chocolate are perfect and the glass is the icing on on cake- I love it!!

https://flic.kr/p/Qx1PkY

If any Santa's are attending the remaining Cowboys games I would love to buy you a beverage of your choice. I love it all and am sooo happy with my gifts!!!
Attached Images     
Old Dec 26, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Hello all!

Hopefully none of you have the darn bug that's floating around. Me? Lets just say sneezing recreates Hiroshima and that's putting it mildly. Yesterday was spent in bed doped up on NyQuil, as was the 23rd. Worked okay because Hubby was on shift at the power company (he monitors the power grid- or rather 5 different teams do but his was on shift 24th/25th) so our Christmas is happening right now.

First, thanks to both of my FT SS's!! One I know who you are because you revealed yourself, the other all I know is that you signed your gift tags as my FT SS in Japan who is also a foodie.

I LOVED everything I got!

I'm not sure what all the Japanese snacks are- in the bigger bag neither was my Santa (per the gift note) but I notice one of the packages has an image of a cartoon chicken leg and looks like chips. Chips flavored like chicken can't be bad right? lol. Also a package of Kit Kats. If you've never been to Japan, let me tell you the dizzying array of flavors of Kit Kats, Pringles, etc would make your head spin. My fave has always been the Matcha Green Tea, but I'm eager to try these other flavors. Lastly, not that I can read the Kanji, but Santa assures me they are authentic snacks and are conceptually like Twinkees. Since the ham is still cooking, I have to be patient and try to have dinner before I rip into his little box of heaven sent to me from my Japanese SS.

Next, is a box from malexander who revealed himself to me earlier in the thread. I sent both Santas a pretty detailed 'about me' kind of note- mostly because I didn't have anything in particular I really wanted, but still wanted them to have some clue of things I like etc. So I went on holiday for two weeks and came back on the 21st to a box at my desk from Starbucks. Now, since I had given out office Christmas and Hanukkah gifts before my trip- I figured the box to be from coworkers. All looked puzzled (and none play poker that well) so a quick PM to wharvey led me to realize it was from Santa. Inside? A LOVELY mug (honestly, I'd been eyeing that mug) in a pale blue grey ceramic, a bag of Reserve Christmas blend, a bag of Holiday blend, Christmas Blend, AND Christmas Espresso blend. Yes folks, they're all different. I was wow'd. Thank you so so terribly much. If I wasn't still hopped up on decongestants I'd have a pot of one of these going right now!

I am truly humbled by both my gifts and sorry that I'm a day late posting. Being sick sucks. Being sick on Christmas sucks even worse.

Happy Holidays everyone!!
Attached Images   
Old Dec 26, 2016, 1:54 pm

Can we include videos?

steveman518: I'm posting rather than sending a PM as others may wonder about this question.

Can we upload short videos to FT?

If so, how?

Tried uploading it as a photo, and that didn't work.

My cats received a gift from DevilDawg and I'd like to show what they really think of it. Still photos just won't do.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
steveman518: I'm posting rather than sending a PM as others may wonder about this question.

Can we upload short videos to FT?

If so, how?

Tried uploading it as a photo, and that didn't work.

My cats received a gift from DevilDawg and I'd like to show what they really think of it. Still photos just won't do.
Dare I ask?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:19 pm

I don't believe you can upload videos directly to FT, but I do know that you can embed youtube videos into FT posts by inserting the link to the video between URL tags.

It looks like in this thread in post 17 that someone has also put a direct link to a video but you have to click on the image to the external hosting site for it to play.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.