Reload this Page >

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2016, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Remember this is an unofficial record and that you must PM wharvey when you ship and receive gifts as per the rules in the first post!
This is an unofficial wiki maintained by steveman518. Please fill in gifts you've received if you can. However if you can't, steveman518 will check every post-PM for questions as well
Basic photo upload tutorial (if you choose not to upload directly to Flyertalk)
Find a site to upload your photo to another site
Direct copy the link of the photo or right click on the image and select "copy image URL" or "copy image address". Make sure that the link ends with .jpg/.tif or any other image extension (there may be issues with google images)
Place that link in between the
Code:
[IMG][/IMG] tags
GIFTS RECEIVED
3furballs #1
Annexation #1
annielee #1
AtomicLush #1 (part 2) (part 3) (part 4)
Bravada04 #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 #2
Chink400 #1 #2
ckidder 331 #1 #2 #3
compubit #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
DeepUnderground #1
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1 #2
dogdogcatcat #1
Dogmatick #1
durberville #1 #2
financialhippie #1
Flyiboy #1 #2
FlyingCow #1 (part 2) #2 #3
fnaime23 #1 #2
fralcole #1
genoa #1
Glamette #1
grbflyer #1 #2
Gregor #1
gsegall #1 #2
HockeyMom93 #1
horizontal #1
jamesteroh #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
jetset09 #1
Jinxy #1 #2
jondabomb #1 #2
kauppias #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
kevinflyaway #1 #2
kipper #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3 #4 #5 #6
kolican #1
laguna1 #1
Lakee911 #1
linzbh #1
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3 #4
lksf #1
malexander131 #1
MappingChick #1
Marcia3641 #1
mdovenmuehler #1 #2
Middle_Kingdom #1
miffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1 #2
MissChele #1
missydarlin #1 #2 #3
MrDplus #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7
nomadic.relief #1 #2
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 (part 2) #2
poohbear808 #1
poptarts #1 (part 2)
Redhead #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
Ricecakes #1
Richard Chen #1
RockinRon #1 #2
Runner123 #1 (part 2)
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
ScGhost0 #1
SDQBound#1
shutterbugguy #1
sperkins921 #1 #2
SteveHK #1 #2 #3 #4
steveman518 #1 #2 (part 2) #3
strawbearlyjamms #1
TangoThree #1
Tblack15 #1
tcl #1 #2
thatguyatthebar #1
thehowieee #1 #2
Thomas Sivapathan #1
tingadingling #1
token385 #1
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Tpa-flyer #1 (part 2) (part 3)
tzvilev #1 (part 2) (part 3) #2 #3
whherron #1
WriterGirlLinds #1
yunicorner #1
YVRorange #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
Print Wikipost

Secret Santa 2016 Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:10 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
To my Santas this year- I need to find a way to get photos up here but THANK YOU. I feel like I made out with the haul. I got TONS of Delta memorabilia, including a set of "Flavors of" cookbooks that featured recipes from Delta destinations (Circa 70's), an old Pan Am stock certificate (must find a frame for it), some American Airlines kids Wings (blast from the past), a CRJ-200 Gemini model, a remove before flight keychain, old postcards of what look to be 767's and Lockheed Electras, and a very cool combo battery cable/charger set.

Hope everyone is enjoying their gifts!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Thanks WHHerron!

Received a fancy rice cooker and yummy Baker's Candies all the way from Omaha! The only thing he left out was some recipes from Mrs WHHerron.

What a fun way to celebrate!

Last edited by MissChele; Nov 29, 2017 at 8:32 am
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
Originally Posted by sperkins921
Just back from holiday (and a grueling adventure with B6 and FLL....which was NOT fun) and came in to work this morning to a big box from Starbucks. At first, I thought it was office gift exchange because my desk had a few surprises from staff but a quick PM to wharvey confirms it's from my secret santa.

Dear Santa:
I don't know what's inside yet but I'm saying THANK YOU now. I'll open it on 25 Dec, and I'll post pics and say THANK YOU again!!
You're welcome. Hope you enjoy!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:15 am

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by malexander131
You're welcome. Hope you enjoy!
In that case- I'm glad you enjoyed your Delta/Pan Am haul!! ;-p
The keychain came all the way from Oz so I was worried it wouldn't come in time!! But, I'm happy you loved it all. I was really curious about the cookbooks, let me know if you end up cooking any of it

I'll report back with pictures to you and my first santa on Dec 25th!!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MissChele
Thanks WHHerron!

Received a fancy rice cooker and yummy Baker's Candies all the way from Omaha! The only thing he left out was some recipes from Mrs WHHerron.

What a fun way to celebrate!
I'll have to get back to you on her recipes. Sometimes she can be a bit secretive.

Regards,
Bill
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:23 am

First Secret Santa gifts arrived yesterday:

Thanks for all the lovely goodies - one can never go wrong with coffee and chocolates here! I will admit to being a tad skeptical about the "lavendar honey pale ale" caramel popcorn ... excited to give something unique like that a try, but skeptical. The socks are amazingly comfortable, as is the Christmas blanket. And I cannot believe how big that reusable bag ends up - plus it fits comfortably over my shoulder, which is a nice bonus.

Thanks very much miko2A!!

And now I see I have another delivery notice ... back to the Post Office I go!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Well I'm sad. Several of my giftees have not posted, although I know the packages were delivered (thank you Rockin Ron and PBJAG for acknowledging the gifts)

I've received awesome gifts from 3 of my santas (thanks guys!) but nary a peep from the other 2. I've had a good run all these years, hope my luck isn't running out.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:56 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Tracking shows packages sent were delivered so I'm assuming that my Santees are either on the road or waiting until Christmas.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver / FA
I received a handful of travel accessories from my Secret Santa. Including (but not limited to) a new toiletries bag (I needed one!) and a mobile power charger. Santa also threw me a book on Pele in perfect time as I've just finished my most recent book: Soccernomics. Thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:13 pm

I'm so, glad you got the gifts! The blanket is actually a blanket scarf. I have one just like it and it's my new favorite travel scarf. I'm not sure about the popcorn either. As a fellow microbeer fan I would've loved to have send some local beers. But, didn't want to chance it with customs. It was the closest I could find to the real thing.

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
First Secret Santa gifts arrived yesterday:

Thanks for all the lovely goodies - one can never go wrong with coffee and chocolates here! I will admit to being a tad skeptical about the "lavendar honey pale ale" caramel popcorn ... excited to give something unique like that a try, but skeptical. The socks are amazingly comfortable, as is the Christmas blanket. And I cannot believe how big that reusable bag ends up - plus it fits comfortably over my shoulder, which is a nice bonus.

Thanks very much miko2A!!

And now I see I have another delivery notice ... back to the Post Office I go!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
So Far

Well - I opened the gifts from my first Santa - Thanks catman for the Tie & Socks, the die cast United plane and the telephone. I don't have that model in my collection. Thanks!

I've also received 2 other items, both unidentified:
1) a Southwest Die Cast plane (inside a wrapping bag - through Amazon, with a SS note, but no identifiers...)
2) 2 packages of Cable Clip Organizers (no note or anything - I'm assuming it's SS)

That's all so far.

Jim / compubit
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
Gift

Thank you Secret Santa for the third gift I received this week!!! I am saving this one to open on Christmas Day. You have been very generous and good to me Santa!! I very much appreciate it!!

I will post a photo later.

Thanks again!

Poptarts

Last edited by poptarts; Dec 25, 2016 at 8:27 pm Reason: Adding more information
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Apologies for a lack of a photo, both my phone and camera are out of commission at the moment.

I received a box from Amazon today that I don't remember ordering (don't most of these stories start this way?)

I opened it and saw that I was sent a Nutri Bullet! Something that I've always wanted!

Thank you, malexander131!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:37 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Chief Santa Away!

just to let everyone know: Santa is on his way to New York City for a week. I chose to not bring my laptop so I can't check anything while away.

please continue to send your updates and I will do follow ups late next week.

i hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and holiday season!

HO HO HO!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:24 pm

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
Credit goes to Redhead who got this for me last year! I love mine and given your field of study I hoped you would love one as well.

Originally Posted by MappingChick
Thank you so much, Lisabeth!

So perfect!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.