Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

SFO/OAK/SJC Bay Area Meetup/Happy Hour

SFO/OAK/SJC Bay Area Meetup/Happy Hour

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 15, 19, 2:19 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RichardInSF
Wiki Link
Next meeting:

July 20 - Saturday: SFO Harvey Milk T1 open house, timed ticket 1pm (meeting point TBD)

We need to specify a meeting point, time is getting close, anyone got any ideas?

boxo
PotomacApproach
KathyWdrf
jrl767 -- 5 Jul update: starting to look iffy
jmd001
emofeng
RichardInSF+1 (note: if driving, there should be plenty of free parking at BART Millbrae, but of course you have to pay the round trip BART fare of $10.10 or $9.10 with a Clipper card)

NOTE from KathyWdrf: BART fare round trip Millbrae-SFO is only $3.40 for senior or disabled w/Clipper card
See BART fare calculator here: https://www.bart.gov/tickets/calculator

NOTE from jmd001: SamTrans runs a "Route SFO" bus from Millbrae Transit Center to SFO. $2.25 each way; less for Clipper Card ... and even less for seniors. Not as frequent as BART, but cheaper. Click for details and schedule. Map shows a stop right between T1 and T2.

Also note that for 3 or 4 people, Uber/taxi round trip should be cheaper than the regular BART fare. On my last trip to SFO, the "Route SFO" bus never showed up during my time frame, ended up having to take BART.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 8, 19, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area) and near LAX (El Segundo CA)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
I just booked a 1pm General Admission ticket and placeholder AS flights
Old Jun 8, 19, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boxo View Post
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20? I registered for 1 pm tickets

https://www.flysfo.com/GrandOpenings
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sfo-har...ts-61464561157
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf View Post
I've booked a ticket now. Perhaps meet up at one of the eating places? .
Also booked at 1 PM.

Found this link to an overview of T1 development. Check out the "Concessions Preview" tab for "Food and Beverage" options. Not stated which ones (if any) will be open for the Open House.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 8, 19, 9:03 pm

Programs: This game has lost its luster.
Have any of you been to previous SFO open houses? What's the timed-entry process like? Huge queue winding down the sidewalk? Do they kick people out every hour, or are we able to stay longer?

If we are only allowed to be inside one hour, then I think setting up a meeting point ground floor of T2 at 12:15 would be efficient, then taking the Airtrain to T1 together.

I will add our details to the wiki.
KathyWdrf likes this.
Old Jun 13, 19, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still working occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area) and near LAX (El Segundo CA)
my notional El Segundo travel just evaporated, so I’m out for next week ...
Old Jun 14, 19, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Have any of you been to previous SFO open houses? What's the timed-entry process like? Huge queue winding down the sidewalk? Do they kick people out every hour, or are we able to stay longer?

If we are only allowed to be inside one hour, then I think setting up a meeting point ground floor of T2 at 12:15 would be efficient, then taking the Airtrain to T1 together.

I will add our details to the wiki.
I've never been to one of these before, but I suspect they won't be kicking people out every hour. Probably the timed-entry thing is designed just to control the inflow.

I checked the event webpage again, and it says this:

….Bring the kids and friends for a day of games, activities and live entertainment. Enter for free prizes, including round-trip plane tickets and more. Plus, the Bay Area’s favorite restaurants in the terminal will be selling items from their new menus....

"A day of games, activities and live entertainment" doesn't sound like it's limited to an hour, plus they're encouraging the purchase and consumption of food.

So my feeling is 99% that once you're in, you're in.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 21, 19, 12:25 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20? I registered for 1 pm tickets and would need to be back at Diridon for a 5:35 pm bus home.

Just a coincidence, but I also booked the 1pm session. I wonder if we are able to sneak peek the Grand Hyatt as well.
boxo likes this.
Old Jun 21, 19, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA Gold MM, HH Dia, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, IC Amb, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by emofeng View Post
I wonder if we are able to sneak peek the Grand Hyatt as well.
The headline on the above link certainly implies "Yes".
Old Jun 21, 19, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone interested in meeting at the SFO Harvey Milk Terminal 1 open house Saturday, July 20? I registered for 1 pm tickets and would need to be back at Diridon for a 5:35 pm bus home.

Originally Posted by jmd001 View Post
The headline on the above link certainly implies "Yes".
Nice! Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 19, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
But the hotel is only accepting reservations for October 1 and beyond, so....

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ca...t-at-sfo/sfogh
Old Jul 3, 19, 12:40 pm

I confirmed with SFO the new Hyatt will not be open until October, but there will be a mock-up inside T1. Also, we are not limited in time. You can stay till 5pm if you want to.
KathyWdrf likes this.
Old Jul 5, 19, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
I just booked a 1pm General Admission ticket and placeholder AS flights
:/ my calendar is starting to get conflicted, hope to have more clarity in the next 8-10 days
Old Jul 5, 19, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jrl767 View Post
:/ my calendar is starting to get conflicted, hope to have more clarity in the next 8-10 days

Trying to help you out.
Old Jul 5, 19, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

lol

my typical response to a “Can you help me out?” inquiry is “Sure; which way did you come in?”
Old Jul 15, 19, 8:18 pm
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AA EXP, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
It's been ages since I've been to a Flyertalk DO, but I just noticed this thread. I had already booked a ticket for the noon slot but will hang around if they don't make me leave. Hopefully will see some of you folks there!
Old Jul 15, 19, 9:19 pm

I meant to "we're one week out" bump this thread over the weekend. Everyone with 1 pm tickets okay with meeting at T2 lower level 12:15? If so, I'll try to nab a seating area close to the escalator/elevator that leads to the bridge to the Airtrain. My morning plan has become less complicated, so I'll aim to be there a little early. And anyone arriving before or after 1 pm, post here to let us know where you are.

Originally Posted by Roaming Ryan View Post
It's been ages since I've been to a Flyertalk DO, but I just noticed this thread. I had already booked a ticket for the noon slot but will hang around if they don't make me leave. Hopefully will see some of you folks there!
Did we group UA mileage run together in 2008? I had to look it up: TPA-IAD-JFK-SFO-LAS-SFO-JFK-IAD-PHL. Ryan/rwk is very familiar.

Search this Thread