Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Interest in Side Trip to Brewery?
I am interested in sharing costs of a car and/or driver for a one day trip
20.00%
I am interested in sharing costs of a car and/or driver for a two day, overnight, trip
60.00%
I may be interested, depending on the destination
20.00%
I am not interested
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: polkacat
Attending
polkacat
arollins +5
ellyse +3
KMA26
miko2a
CDKing
srletend
iris30
ANC RED-EYE +1
island82

DO Information

Friday 21 April

6:00 pm drinks: Delirium Cafe (Be sure you go to Delirium Cafe, not Little Delirium!)

7:00 pm dinner: Bier Circus (capped at 12 persons)

Dinner Atendees: Polkacat +2, CDKing, krazykanuck, miko2a, miko2a +1, iris30, kma26, ANC RED-EYE, ANC RED-EYE+1, srletend

Saturday 22 April

Noon - 11 pm Zythos Bierfestival

Buy tokens in advance: http://www.zbf.be/en/advance-sales/
The list of beers is here.

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Central/Centraal at 11 am. This train arrives Leuven at 11:24.

For those who have not been before, if you travel on a train other than IC 509: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

We will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall (in which all of the beer booths are located) as you walk in.

Sunday 23 April

Zythos Bierfestival 11 am - 9 pm

Possible alternate outing, TBD.
Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by arollins
Any place close to Grand Place (city center) is good, which is also close to the central train station. Numerous metro stops, lots of restaurants, bars, all within walking distance along with several sightseeing areas. Hotels could be pricey, but there are deals, Accor hotels had a 4th night free. Another option is by midi south station, but the area does not have much sightseeing, and is a bit industrial, however, it's close to Cantillon and Moede Lambic (spelling), where some of us will be at. This area tends to be the cheapest one. Another good area is by the EU parliaments, hotels are cheap on weekends, several bars and restaurants in the area as well. We are staying here, the Radisson Red.

Both midi south/zud and EU parliament area are within 20-30 minute walking to city center, or just 1-2 metro stops. Metros are very efficient and punctual, they run every 3-5 minutes, much sporadic at nightime. I think cost was 1.60 EUR one way. Normally I stay at the Radisson Blue by the Grand Place, and it's very convenient. I've also stayed at the Sheraton Aloft by Schuman station, used to get deals at 49EUR, that was a good one as well. This time we are trying the Radisson Red, I'm hearding a group of 3 couples, myself/spouse included, we opted to use metro.
Originally Posted by iris30
I'm booked at the Marriott Renaissance Brussels Friday through Monday. KMA26 is booked there also. They still have 69EUR rates for Friday and Saturday. Sunday is a bit higher. Seems it's (basically) next door to the Radisson RED.
I concur with the excellent summary by arollins re: the main areas. Have stayed at the Rad Blu and Marriott near Grand Place; good locations, a little pricier. Yes, the Renaissance and Radisson Red are across the street from each other, about a block from the Brussels Luxemburg train station which provides easy access to Leuven for ZBF with only a transfer at Brussels Nord station.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 12:02 am

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
Originally Posted by polkacat
Hello all, I'm trying to get a sense of interest in meeting up for pre-dinner drinks and/or a group dinner on Friday, April 21st. My thinking at this point would be to meet for a beer around 6:30 pm and then have dinner around 7:30 pm.

If you are planning to be in Brussels on that Friday, please take this super-quick survey by March 29th to give me an idea of how many are interested. And feel free to leave comments in the survey if you have other thoughts on the times.

Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply... you guys wouldn't still be around by like, 2230 on Fri night, would you? I'm taking a train from Ghent after sunset, and could stop by Brussels on the way. If not, I'll just go straight to Leuven.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by ellyse
Sorry for the late reply... you guys wouldn't still be around by like, 2230 on Fri night, would you? I'm taking a train from Ghent after sunset, and could stop by Brussels on the way. If not, I'll just go straight to Leuven.
I'm sure someone will be around, if you want to stop bt!!! We could set a meeting place for 22:30 for anyone who is still up for hanging out.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 10:26 am
Original Poster

Friday dinner location (also in the wiki): I have reservations for 12 persons at Bier Circus at 7 pm. The restaurant is very walkable from Central Station (11 minutes) or, for those wishing to meet for beer beforehand, Delirium Cafe (11-13 minutes).

If you will be at dinner on Friday April 21, please let me know by posting on this thread or by PM. Thanks!

Last edited by polkacat; Apr 4, 2017 at 10:35 am
Old Apr 4, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Friday dinner location (also in the wiki): I have reservations for 12 persons at Bier Circus at 7 pm. The restaurant is very walkable from Central Station (11 minutes) or, for those wishing to meet for beer beforehand, Delirium Cafe (11-13 minutes).

If you will be at dinner on Friday April 21, please let me know by posting on this thread or by PM. Thanks!
Sorry, wont be able to make dinner.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
As long as I don't get lost I'll be there for dinner, if i really dont get lost maybe both.

Yummy:

Spaghetti Bolognaise cooked with Chimay

Last edited by CDKing; Apr 4, 2017 at 2:29 pm
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arollins
Sorry, wont be able to make dinner.
Bummer! Maybe we'll see you at Delirium?

Originally Posted by CDKing
As long as I don't get lost I'll be there for dinner, if i really dont get lost maybe both.

Yummy:

Spaghetti Bolognaise cooked with Chimay
I'm eyeing that spaghetti too!!! ^ Hopefully you do not get lost.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be at dinner, and at the pre-dinner beers.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:30 pm

Myself+1 will be at dinner, unless something happens with our flights. If everything goes well, then maybe drinks. I'm eyeing the fish waterzooi and of course the spaghetti.

Now I just need to book a room.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I'll be there for both drinks and dinner.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'll be at dinner, and at the pre-dinner beers.
Fantastic.

Originally Posted by miko2a
Myself+1 will be at dinner, unless something happens with our flights. If everything goes well, then maybe drinks. I'm eyeing the fish waterzooi and of course the spaghetti.

Now I just need to book a room.
Hopefully all goes well and we'll see you at both.

Originally Posted by iris30
I'll be there for both drinks and dinner.
Excellent.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; American Advantage; Marriott Rewards; Hilton Honors
I will be there for both. The spaghetti bolognaise caught my eye also, but then so did the beer 'n beef stew with Westmalle. ^
Old Apr 5, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KMA26
I will be there for both. The spaghetti bolognaise caught my eye also, but then so did the beer 'n beef stew with Westmalle. ^
Reminds me of that epic lunch we had a few years ago.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Excellent.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I saw that first. I might just have to eat both

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.