Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Interest in Side Trip to Brewery?
I am interested in sharing costs of a car and/or driver for a one day trip
20.00%
I am interested in sharing costs of a car and/or driver for a two day, overnight, trip
60.00%
I may be interested, depending on the destination
20.00%
I am not interested
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 3, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: polkacat
Attending
polkacat
arollins +5
ellyse +3
KMA26
miko2a
CDKing
srletend
iris30
ANC RED-EYE +1
island82

DO Information

Friday 21 April

6:00 pm drinks: Delirium Cafe (Be sure you go to Delirium Cafe, not Little Delirium!)

7:00 pm dinner: Bier Circus (capped at 12 persons)

Dinner Atendees: Polkacat +2, CDKing, krazykanuck, miko2a, miko2a +1, iris30, kma26, ANC RED-EYE, ANC RED-EYE+1, srletend

Saturday 22 April

Noon - 11 pm Zythos Bierfestival

Buy tokens in advance: http://www.zbf.be/en/advance-sales/
The list of beers is here.

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Central/Centraal at 11 am. This train arrives Leuven at 11:24.

For those who have not been before, if you travel on a train other than IC 509: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

We will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall (in which all of the beer booths are located) as you walk in.

Sunday 23 April

Zythos Bierfestival 11 am - 9 pm

Possible alternate outing, TBD.
Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO VII in BRU, April 22-23, 2017

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:49 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by srletend
Great DO once again! Loved meeting everyone and sharing some of the best beer in the world. Thank you polkacat for organizing.

I would echo the recommendation that Monday early AM departure flights should be avoided.

Looking forward to the next beer DO!
Originally Posted by polkacat
Thanks to everyone who showed up! It was great to see the regulars as well as to meet so many new folks. I hope you all enjoyed the beer and your time in Brussels.

My flight wasn't even as early as yours but I almost managed to miss it. Afternoon flights are probably a good idea. ^
Originally Posted by KMA26
It was another exciting, fun, and tasty (can't beat those Belgian beers) BRU Do this year. Great to see long-time friends as well as new ones.

A special thanks to polkacat for all of the planning and organizing that went into making it such an enjoyable time.

I'm certainly looking forward to the next one.
Originally Posted by iris30
I enjoyed my first BRU DO!! Also traveling around the Belgium countryside was fabulous! Good to meet new folks and see old ones as well. Thanks to polkacat for organizing!
Agreed! We had a great time! Good to see old friends and meet some new over a few great brews! Many good memories from the trip.

We survived the the end of our road trip...and filled our suitcases - only wish we'd saved more space for Westvleteren - that's ok though, always need an excuse to go back!

Special thanks to polkacat for organizing, and to the many others who offered advice on lodging and visits to Trappist breweries.

Here was our final itinerary...highly recommended if anyone is interested in visiting all of the trappist breweries - I'd only change one thing - avoid visiting Orval the day the cafe is closed

Days 1-3: Amsterdam
Day 4: Tulips + Westmalle
Day 5: Zundurt + La Trappe
Day 6: Achel + Rochefort
Day 7: Orval + Chimay
Days 8-9: Brussels including Cantillon, drinks, and dinner with the DO crew
Day 10: Zythos!
Day 11: Westvleteren + Brugge
Day 12: Brugge
Day 13: Gent
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:04 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
Anyone with advice or infirmation on parking a car economically on Brussels for 3 days?

We've been traveling around for several days now, and were planning to keep our reasonably priced rental car for the three days we're in the Brussels area (Thurs - Sat), though we really don't need it again until Sunday. I was surprised to see parking rates of 25€ per day at the hotel. After some further digging, apparently that's par for the course in BRU, as parking can be a nightmare. Let me know if anyone has an idea for a more economical option. Otherwise we may consider returning this one and grabbing a new one.
In case anyone ever needs it, we did find a good alternative to parking at the hotel. I posted it here:

Cheap parking relatively convenient to Brussels city center

YMMV - not sure why that lot was so cheap (8 EUR/day), but worked out well for us and was a relatively convenient location.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
So is this happening again in spring 2018? Seems to April 28-29 according to the ZBF website
Old Dec 27, 2017, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
So is this happening again in spring 2018? Seems to April 28-29 according to the ZBF website
See the new thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.