FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Center City Philadelphia Do - Wednesday November 16, 6PM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1780085-center-city-philadelphia-do-wednesday-november-16-6pm.html)

SirFlysALot Jul 22, 2016 5:39 pm

Center City Philadelphia Do - Wednesday November 16, 6PM

Does anyone live or work in Center City Philadelphia?

I will be working there for the foreseeable future Sundays through Thursdays!
I would love to get a group together for drinks and such!

There has to be at least one person in Philadelphia who is an FTer!!

Current count is

Travelmad478
Honeytoes
SirFlysALot
NonMerci
9Buena
jinglish
TBlack15

Absolutely positively maybe

CDTraveler
Governator
Suvayanr
gil123
Resident

jinglish Jul 29, 2016 12:49 am

Not a local, but I'm going to be out there October 10-12.

SirFlysALot Aug 2, 2016 3:46 am

Lets shoot for the 11th! I am still willing to meet earlier if anyone can make it!

Tblack15 Aug 4, 2016 8:57 am

I'm in.

SkiAdcock Aug 4, 2016 10:09 am

Now you all just need to pick a place & time for October 11th - and figure out the secret handshake so you can find each other :)

Cheers.

pudgym29 Aug 8, 2016 3:45 am

Suggestion

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot (Post 26955103)
Does anyone live or work in Center City Philadelphia?
I will be working there for the foreseeable future Sundays through Thursdays!
I would love to get a group together for drinks and such!
There has to be at least one person in Philadelphia who is an FTer!!

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot (Post 27002335)
Let's shoot for the 11th! I am still willing to meet earlier if anyone can make it!

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 27014952)
Now you all just need to pick a place & time for October 11th - and figure out the secret handshake so you can find each other :)
Cheers.

I don't think I'll be able to meet you there and then, but I can certainly think of the venue where to link. :-:

honeytoes Aug 8, 2016 5:39 am

Count me in as a "maybe"....it will depend on what is going on with work then. I should know closer to that time. I've never done a Do before! :)

travelmad478 Aug 9, 2016 11:33 am

I live nearby, spend a lot of time in Philly, and would be happy to come into town and meet some more FTers! I'll put 10/11 on the calendar and wait for instructions. If there is a critical mass of attendees for any other date(s), that's also possible. It is nice to be retired :)

SirFlysALot, if you need venue suggestions then I should be able to help out--just let me know where you want to be and what you want to be drinking ;)

SirFlysALot Aug 10, 2016 5:58 pm

I found a place!!

McCormick & Schmick's
1 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
215-568-6888

It's right behind City Hall
And it has a fantastic Happy Hour and you can hear the other people at the table. Wednesdays has 1.00 shrimp.

In order to make the Do a success I will go at least once a week until then to scope it out! Somebody has to do it! :D

travelmad478 Aug 10, 2016 6:20 pm

That's a national chain...perhaps something more Philly? There is a great local restaurant scene. Take a look at a.bar, Abe Fisher, Franky Bradley's, Tria Taproom...all great and all in CC.

kipper Aug 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by travelmad478 (Post 27046550)
That's a national chain...perhaps something more Philly? There is a great local restaurant scene. Take a look at a.bar, Abe Fisher, Franky Bradley's, Tria Taproom...all great and all in CC.

I was at Tria a few weeks ago. They have a good beer selection.

gil123 Aug 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Tria is great and definitely more unique that M & S. The Rittenhouse location can be crowded so I usually choose one of the other locations. I am in the area and would probably join but have a late meeting that day so I will keep an eye on the thread in case you end up doing it on a different day.

kipper Aug 10, 2016 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by gil123 (Post 27046706)
Tria is great and definitely more unique that M & S. The Rittenhouse location can be crowded so I usually choose one of the other locations. I am in the area and would probably join but have a late meeting that day so I will keep an eye on the thread in case you end up doing it on a different day.

I was at the Rittenhouse location on a Saturday night recently and was able to snag a table without a wait.

SirFlysALot Aug 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Any of those places would work as long as we can hear each other talk!

travelmad478 Aug 10, 2016 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by SirFlysALot (Post 27046940)
Any of those places would work as long as we can hear each other talk!

You have lots of time to test all of them out :D