Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Korea Do - Seoul April 16-18, 2017

Old Apr 15, 2017, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OZ D+ Lifetime
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
So T-Money is the Seoul equivalent to Japan's Suica? Is the card refundable?
Yes and yes.

"Balance Refund: You can a refund on the balance remaining on your card from the convenience stores that sell them for up to W20,000. They will retain W500. So, if your balance remaining is over W20,000 or less than W500, you will to go to the Smart Card Office. Address: 10th Floor, Seoul City Tower #581 , Namdaemunro 5ga, Jong-gu, Seou, 100-741"
Old Apr 15, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Great, thanks! Sounds like the thing to do!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
And this card can't be obtained by credit card, correct?

Circling HND for int'l terminal right now. About to check into KE for the first time
Old Apr 15, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, AF Platinum, AA Platinum (sadly, expiring soon), QR Silver, EK, MU, HU, PR, HO, OZ, KE
I won't make it for the DO, but I'm in ICN today for the whole afternoon. I'm flying in on OZ368 which is supposed to arrive at 1130, but since we are still sitting on the ground in PVG, that looks bloody unlikely. I'm supposed to fly out again on MU5034 at 1620. If anyone would like to meet up, feel free to PM me.
On another note, I just went through GMP a few days ago. Maybe I'm the only one who's ignorant, but the lounges are all before immigration and security, none after. KE lounge was very small and there wasn't much there.
Old Apr 15, 2017, 9:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Door closed on KE2708... will see everyone again soon (too soon? )
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ellyse
I won't make it for the DO, but I'm in ICN today for the whole afternoon. I'm flying in on OZ368 which is supposed to arrive at 1130, but since we are still sitting on the ground in PVG, that looks bloody unlikely. I'm supposed to fly out again on MU5034 at 1620. If anyone would like to meet up, feel free to PM me.
Wait so coming on OZ368 (PVG-ICN) and then leaving same day on MU5034 (ICN-PVG)? Is this a mileage run?
Old Apr 15, 2017, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

For those coming to the Escape Room tonight, the staff at Escape Room sent me a message. "If somebody drinks any alcohol the whole team CANNOT play the game." Let's keep the drinks to a minimum at dinner before we head to the Escape Room. We can always have a drink afterwards congratulating our escape!
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Just landed GMP ^
Old Apr 15, 2017, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Greetings from the 4th NRT lounge of the day where awc4 & I are waiting out the delay on OZ103.

Depending on how this flight goes...if & when it goes we hope to meet everyone after y'all complete your escape
​​​​​

Last edited by bk3day; Apr 15, 2017 at 11:45 pm
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by bk3day
Greetings from the 4th NRT lounge of the day where awc4 & I are waiting out the delay on OZ103.

Depending on how this flight goes...if & when it goes we hope to meet everyone after y'all complete your escape
​​​​​
Well... you need to escape NRT first

I do like a Beer Machine in CX- it's dark mmm...

Checked into CY Times Square- right when I got off the airport bus from HND (₩4,000) there was street food on a stick... I didn't partake for some odd reason )

Happy hour starts in half an hour with food and beverages...
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:18 am

Quick snack from the lounge (curry is tasty as always- but wasn't looking for it in a low soup pot).

Changover to lunch also happened while there, ended up with a few more Korean entrees then.

I was happy with my inflight meal as I 'pre-gamed' it in the lounge on KE2708
Attached Images     
Old Apr 16, 2017, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by beckoa
And this card can't be obtained by credit card, correct?
No.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:05 am

We are gathering in the Conrad lobby right now.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
No.
So T-money card can be obtained by credit card... ₩3,000. But I didn't realize this was just for the card. Concierge said the break even point was 5 trips. So I tried going thru the subway using an empty card...it's all settled now, but delayed so I'll be looking for everyone at our food stop.

Two other notes: subway lines are *very* deep here... specifically #5 , and it seems cellphone use when in the cars is even more compared to Japan
Old Apr 16, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: QF WP - LTG, VA Plat, HH D, IHG Plat, Rydges Black, GHA Black
Originally Posted by nme7
I recommend using a type of E-Money card such as T-Money card.

You can purchase a T-Money card at most 7-11 type stores (GS25, CVS for you, 7-11). I think the cost of the card is either 2500 or 4000 krw. Then it can be charged up at any subway station. The machines can display English. T-Money cards can be used to pay for taxis, buses (but not all airport bus limos), and convenience stores.
Thanks for the advice nme7.
We picked up our cards at a convenience store at ICN and caught the cheap 'All Stop' train to Gongdeok where we changed lines to the Conrad (approx 4,000 won). So easy!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.