FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   Midwest Meetup in Omaha or Des Moines? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1755936-midwest-meetup-omaha-des-moines.html)

PassengerPoldberg Mar 28, 2016 1:07 pm

Midwest Meetup in Omaha or Des Moines?

This may be a shot in the dark, but I figured it's worth a try. I currently reside in Omaha, NE and was curious if anyone in the Omaha, Lincoln, or even Des Moines area was interested in getting together. I'd love to get a "Midwest Meeting of the Minds" ^. Start throwing out ideas and let's make it happen!

Sweet Willie Mar 28, 2016 3:00 pm

not a long shot, there are a number of Midwest Do's that happen, Chicago, Toledo, Dayton etc. Would be great to get a DSM or OMA Flyertalk event going.

My summer is swamped so can't commit to anything now.

I edited the title to better reflect cities.

mhnadel Mar 28, 2016 3:01 pm

If it were on a weekend and involved a minor league baseball game, I'd be interested.

Sweet Willie Mar 29, 2016 6:47 am

Originally Posted by mhnadel (Post 26400168)
If it were on a weekend and involved a minor league baseball game, I'd be interested.

I was thinking AAA Cubs in Des Moines. Omaha does have college world series, is there a minor league team in Omaha?

mhnadel Mar 29, 2016 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie (Post 26403032)
I was thinking AAA Cubs in Des Moines. Omaha does have college world series, is there a minor league team in Omaha?

Omaha Storm Chasers. AAA affiliate of Kansas City.

In Des Moines, there are the Iowa Cubs, who are the AAA affiliate of some guys in Chicago.

Sweet Willie Mar 29, 2016 7:24 am

Originally Posted by mhnadel (Post 26403160)
In Des Moines, there are the Iowa Cubs, who are the AAA affiliate of some guys in Chicago.

dat's usz guyz, u got a problem wit dat?;)

PassengerPoldberg Mar 29, 2016 8:48 am

Omaha Storm Chasers. AAA affiliate of Kansas City.
Funny you should mention minor league baseball! My dad is actually the manager of the Storm Chasers, so I could easily get a group of tickets for one of their games.

PassengerPoldberg Mar 29, 2016 8:50 am

The College World Series is also a great option too! Omaha is really buzzing during those two weeks.

MSPeconomist Apr 4, 2016 10:14 pm

Wasn't Omaha the (main) setting of the "Up in the Air" movie? It seems so appropriate for a FT DO>

PassengerPoldberg Apr 5, 2016 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 26437959)
Wasn't Omaha the (main) setting of the "Up in the Air" movie? It seems so appropriate for a FT DO>

Yep, George Clooney is in it.

Ceres Apr 5, 2016 1:00 pm

I'm in the Oma area more than I would like to be. I'm tentatively scheduled to be in that area, May 4th thru 7th and again in early june. Ill drive in from cummings county if is during those time.

PassengerPoldberg Apr 7, 2016 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Ceres (Post 26441076)
I'm in the Oma area more than I would like to be. I'm tentatively scheduled to be in that area, May 4th thru 7th and again in early june. Ill drive in from cummings county if is during those time.

I could do Saturday May 7th too.

Ceres Apr 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Bumping this up, just to see who's still looking to do this?

FlyingLaw May 3, 2016 11:30 am

I'd be interested if something happened in DSM a little later on (after mid-may). I went to grad school there and have many friends so a trip that way would be great!

PassengerPoldberg May 3, 2016 12:03 pm

I'm still game.