Last edit by: polkacat
Event Information

Thursday 21 April

Lunch, De Heeren van Liederkercke
RSVP required for inclusion in the reservation
IC 2334 departs Midi/Sud 13:18 arrives Liedercke 13:31

Friday 22 April

Night of the Great Thirst, Itterbeek 7 pm - 11:59 pm
Provisional Beer List: http://www.grotedorst.be/en/the-night-of-great-thirst/beer-selection

Meeting Point: 18:00 at Midi/Suid bust station, Perron (platform) 10

* For those who may be interested, De Cam Geuzestekerij will be open 13:00-18:00. Timmerman's, which is a 2 minute walk from Night of the Great Thirst, will be open 16:00-22:00.

Attendees
polkacat
*A Flyer
srletend
KMA26
mile ho
nomadic.relief
NewbieRunner
arollins +3

Saturday 23 April

Zythos Bierfestival Noon - 11 pm

Buy tokens in advance: http://www.zbf.be/index.php?lang=UK&page=4

For anyone who wants to travel in a group, I suggest IC 509 departing Midi/Suid at 10:56 (11:04 at Noord/Nord). This train arrives Leuven at 11:25.

For those who have not been before, if you travel on a train other than IC 509: exit the Leuven train station and bear right to get to the bus depot. The free shuttle to the hall is clearly marked and usually on the 3rd or so platform.

We will grab seats at a table toward the back on the right side of the main hall as you walk in.

Attendees
polkacat
arollins +3
*A Flyer
srletend
KMA26
mile ho
EI147
nomadic.relief
NewbieRunner

Sunday 24 April

Zythos Bierfestival 11 am - 9 pm

Travel Information

BRU airport updates: http://www.brusselsairport2203.be/. Note trains are not currently running. Current transport information: https://www.brusselsairport2203.be/e...t/#section-faq.

Brussels metro: consult http://www.stib-mivb.be/index.htm?l=nl for current information.

Belgium train disruption information, including limited access points to Brussels stations: http://www.belgianrail.be/jp/sncb-nm...en?tpl=him_map.
Print Wikipost

Belgian Beer Festival DO VI in BRU, April 23-24, 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:11 pm

Ooooooh, this appeals! Odds are quite good that I can make this work.
Old Jan 24, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Something on art in BRU that may be of interest:

http://blog.ihg.com/discover-art-nouveau-brussels
Old Jan 24, 2016, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Ooooooh, this appeals! Odds are quite good that I can make this work.
That would be fantastic!
Old Jan 29, 2016, 2:51 pm

Hotels booked - will be at the Aloft April 20-22, then the Renaissance April 22-24. Flights are not yet booked, but I am definitely in - I will watch prices for a bit yet and, if all else fails, just get a flight pass to cover this and the BER DO plus some random EU trip in the next year.

Sadly I'll have to leave for home on the Sunday, but definitely count me in for Eizeringen!

**As a side note, the Radisson Blu is being revamped as a Radisson Red (first I've heard of that brand?!) and is due to re-open in April. Weekend prices look good, but like all else in Brussels, it seems the weekdays are comparatively painful.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Hotels booked - will be at the Aloft April 20-22, then the Renaissance April 22-24. Flights are not yet booked, but I am definitely in - I will watch prices for a bit yet and, if all else fails, just get a flight pass to cover this and the BER DO plus some random EU trip in the next year.

Sadly I'll have to leave for home on the Sunday, but definitely count me in for Eizeringen!

**As a side note, the Radisson Blu is being revamped as a Radisson Red (first I've heard of that brand?!) and is due to re-open in April. Weekend prices look good, but like all else in Brussels, it seems the weekdays are comparatively painful.
Aloft in Schuman? Not bad, have stayed there before, a couple of blocks south there are some nice shops and restaurants. I pre-booked the Rad Blu last year for this time since I knew will be back, hope fully the revamp will be done then. Looking forward to this.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Hotels booked
Woohoo! And thanks for the hotel information.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:35 am

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
I'm now booked at the Park Inn near Midi. I may change this if no one else is staying in the area but that part of the world looks pretty good.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tried to Google Translate and had trouble. This is the site of the Eizeringen sour fest.

http://www.demorgen.be/economie/dit-...eren-b3afc0fa/
Old Feb 1, 2016, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by *A Flyer
I'm now booked at the Park Inn near Midi. I may change this if no one else is staying in the area but that part of the world looks pretty good.
I'm staying at a non chain hotel 15 minutes walk north of Park Inn/4 minutes walk from Moeder Lambic.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:09 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Hmmm... I see some familiar handles and am tempted. Flights are very reasonable (actually dirt cheap ) but I can only get there on Friday afternoon and have to leave on Sunday evening. Is Eizeringen an evening event as the name suggests?

I didn't use to bother with chain hotels until I discovered FT. Ideally I'd like to stay at a Hilton, IHG or Accor property either on points or with cash but having never been to Brussels (I may have driven passed it many years ago) I have no idea how easy or otherwise it is to get around. Any suggestion?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$511 RT ORD-BRU on Turkish, April 18-25.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Is Eizeringen an evening event as the name suggests?
It is, starting around 19:00 if I remember correctly. It takes 30-45 minutes to get there, and having some of the group arrive on the early sideto grab a table is ideal.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Ideally I'd like to stay at a Hilton, IHG or Accor property either on points or with cash but having never been to Brussels (I may have driven passed it many years ago) I have no idea how easy or otherwise it is to get around. Any suggestion?
It's pretty easy to get around on public transit. I prefer to stay near Midi train station for easy access to transport, Cantillon brewery, and Moeder Lambic bar. Staying near the Grand Place is a good central location. There is a Hilton near Grand Place, although I've not personally stayed there. I'm not seeing any IHG or Accor properties conveniently located in my quick search. Others may know more.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by polkacat
There is a Hilton near Grand Place, although I've not personally stayed there. I'm not seeing any IHG or Accor properties conveniently located in my quick search. Others may know more.
That Hilton I think is reviewed sufficiently in the Hilton forum.

RIP the Conrad Brussels, location of one of my fondest hotel scores. 4x $39 Hampton stays at MCO visiting Disneyworld = 1 $700 Conrad night. Best breakfast buffet I ever saw.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:43 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by polkacat
It's pretty easy to get around on public transit. I prefer to stay near Midi train station for easy access to transport, Cantillon brewery, and Moeder Lambic bar. Staying near the Grand Place is a good central location. There is a Hilton near Grand Place, although I've not personally stayed there. I'm not seeing any IHG or Accor properties conveniently located in my quick search. Others may know more.
Thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
That Hilton I think is reviewed sufficiently in the Hilton forum.
The Hilton charges twice as much as other hotels I have looked at and although points and cash rewards are available for the weekend it doesn't seem like a good value based on the reviews in the Hilton forum.

There seems to be a Novotel nearby which sounds ok according to tripadvisor (no review on FT) but then the Hilton sounds ok according to tripadvisor reviews.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:57 am
Original Poster

The participating breweries have been released on the Zythos Bierfestival Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/467407676777923/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.