Community
Wiki Posts
Search

17th Annual BRT (Brooklyn Reality Tour) Saturday June 11, 2016

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Over the years, BRT has been sponsored by Randy (Flyertalk), and Ingy (Frugal Travel Guy). This year, the L&B Spumoni pizza stop is sponsored by George at Travel Blogger Buzz. http://travelbloggerbuzz.com/

George will buy all the sicilian pizza you can eat. You're on your own for drinks and spumoni due to the set up at L&B.

If you don't know his blog, check it out. George offers his own take on the bloggers that he likes, and the other bloggers that he doesn't always agree with.

There are just a few seats left, and with free pizza on the table, BRT should be sold out soon. (Sorry to sound like Bernie Sanders and Ted Cruz).

BRT doesn't talk politics on the tour, unless you agree with my point of view.

Dan

Last edited by dhammer53; May 2, 2016 at 11:49 am
Old May 2, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Well, coinciding with the free pizza, I guess it is time to move us (dinoscool3 +2) to confirmed.

Although I still don't know my summer job status, with the seats quickly being taken, I'm willing to take the chance to confirm. Looking forward to another fun BRT.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dinoscool3
Well, coinciding with the free pizza, I guess it is time to move us (dinoscool3 +2) to confirmed.

Although I still don't know my summer job status, with the seats quickly being taken, I'm willing to take the chance to confirm. Looking forward to another fun BRT.
It will be good to see you +2 on your 4th in a row BRT.

L&B can be a real incentive. They don't make that thick sicilian crust that many pizza places make. Their crust has just the right crunch to it. Take a look > http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...yc-review.html

On behalf of myself and the riders of BRT 17, I want to say thank you to Travel Blogger Buzz for picking up dinner.

Dan
Old May 3, 2016, 11:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm happy to announce it will be me AND my gorgeous +1 at this event! Will send Paypal later this week.

Also, really happy to hear about the free pizza.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm happy to announce it will be me AND my gorgeous +1 at this event! Will send Paypal later this week.

Also, really happy to hear about the free pizza.
At the rate we're going, the van will be close to full.

There are 3 seats left.

Dan
Old May 3, 2016, 11:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by dhammer53
At the rate we're going, the van will be close to full.

There are 3 seats left.

Dan
We can make it four, she can sit on my lap
Old May 4, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
TBB buying pizza totally sold me. Paypal where?
Old May 4, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by mnscout
Oh oh
Old May 4, 2016, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnscout
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Oh oh
Please. No groupies.

PM sent.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Please. No groupies.

PM sent.
I'm glad I'm long since paid to defend against free pizza seekers!

I remember when I was in college, pretty much anybody would show up for free pizza, and/or a free t-shirt....

Edit: all this talk of pizza makes me want pizza...
Old May 5, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I'm glad I'm long since paid to defend against free pizza seekers!

I remember when I was in college, pretty much anybody would show up for free pizza, and/or a free t-shirt....

Edit: all this talk of pizza makes me want pizza...
That's how I got my first Citi card. College. A free t-shirt. Downward from there.
Old May 8, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Wow, gpapadop, so very generous of you. Looking forward to finally meeting you. ^

I may try to make it to MOMA for free Friday nights (4-8pm) around 6pm. It's exactly two blocks south of Soup DO. I haven't yet booked my passage into the city, so we shall see. http://www.moma.org/visit/plan/offers#overview

Dan, will we do the Promenade at twilight again?

Last edited by boxo; May 8, 2016 at 3:47 am
Old May 11, 2016, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

One month from today, you'll be relaxing in your hotel room; after a long day of eating your way through Brooklyn.

Since I haven't heard back from several people that expressed an interest in joining BRT, I've adjusted the list. Looks like a few additional seats opened up. If I don't fill the seats, my wife will consider joining us again.

Take note:

17th Annual Brooklyn Reality Tour (BRT) June 11, 2016

Pick up location: Write it down

234 East 46 street. It's the same location as previous tours. This is between Second and Third Avenue on the east side. It's just down the block from Sparks Steakhouse.

Arrive 9:30 - 9:45. Doors close at 10:00. Departure immediately following.

Rest assured that I will not be calling you if you're late. If you are running late, I'll give you directions to our first stop. Its happened before, and it will happen again. I did leave Catman, one of my oldest dearest FT friends, behind.

You'll need cash for pizza at L&B + bakery goodies + lunch at http://www.smorgasburg.com/ < extended lunch here, overlooking the eastside of midtown Manhattan.

We have a tradition of departing ontime.

The lunch/dinner will be open to everyone. If you're not on the Tour, you'll have to take the subway to the restaurant. It's about 40 minutes and $2.50 one way. Several years ago, we had a few hitch-hikers on the van back to Manhattan. Dinner will be at L&B Spumoni Gardens. http://www.spumonigardens.com/our-story

If you want my cell phone number, PM me.

If you want to meet us for pizza at L&B, feel free to join us. BRT has been know to give hitchhikers a ride back to the city. This is worth repeating.

Have a question? Now's the time to ask.

Dan
Old May 11, 2016, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Definitely looking forward to my first BRT! I start a new job about two weeks prior to this DO, so it'll be nice to have a relaxing weekend with a bunch of great people!
Old May 11, 2016, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Have a question? Now's the time to ask.

Dan
If I'm running late, will you wait for me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.