FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   CommunityBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/)
-   -   2016 Charlotte DO :: April 22-24, 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz/1732816-2016-charlotte-do-april-22-24-2016-a.html)

Mackieman Dec 19, 2015 8:25 am

2016 Charlotte DO :: April 22-24, 2016

Hey folks, welcome to the discussion thread for the 2016 Charlotte DO. :cool:

This thread will have details for the event, but always remember to check the website (https://www.cltdo.com) which will have the latest and greatest information in case I forget to update this post. First and foremost, the dates for the 2016 event are April 22 through April 24, 2016. We also have a pre-event dinner on Thursday, April 21 if you care to join us a day early. The event schedule has also been released, and you can view it and all of the details over on the website Events listing.

We expect registration to open sometime in late January or early February and we'll post an update when that date is finalized.

For those of you playing the home game, you may remember that I (along with several excellent helpers) produced the Austin Mega DO in the past. We've since left Austin and moved to Charlotte, so we decided to start a new tradition in a new town.

Here's a quick rundown of what's contained in the 2016 event:

Schedule Of Events (tentative):

Thursday, April 21, 2016
7:00PM - Thursday Night Fine Dine @ Fahrenheit

Friday, April 22, 2016
2:00PM - Tour @ Carolinas Aviation Museum
6:00PM - Private Suite @ BB&T Ballpark
10:00PM - Choose Your Own Adventure

Saturday, April 23, 2016
12:00PM - Adventure @ U.S. National Whitewater Center
5:00PM - Dinner (at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery)
7:30PM - And A Movie (Air Force One featuring Hecklevision)
10:00PM - Choose Your Own Adventure

Sunday, April 24, 2016
11:30AM - Brunch @ Peculiar Rabbit

Reminder: all the details and latest updates about each of the events is available on the website.

Additionally, there is no plan to provide transportation to any event so we encourage you to plan accordingly. All events are in the immediate Charlotte area, but some of them are outside of Uptown. We encourage car pooling and ride sharing as well as utilization of Uber. We're also forgoing the official hotel group rate in favor of not signing a risky contract and believing that each of you are savvy travelers who can locate a good hotel rate on your own. :)

We expect registration to open in late January or early February and we'll provide updates to the schedule and event details as we get closer. Stay turned to the website, this thread, Facebook, and Twitter for the latest updates.

We look forward to seeing everyone in April!

DYKWIA Dec 21, 2015 3:17 pm

^

We're up for this... if it's anything like the Austin Do it will be fantastic.

We can get ex-DUB flight for around £885 in J. I just need to persuade the boss :)

Mackieman Dec 22, 2015 6:54 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 25898694)
^

We're up for this... if it's anything like the Austin Do it will be fantastic.

We can get ex-DUB flight for around £885 in J. I just need to persuade the boss :)

That's a damn good fare. Looking forward to seeing you both.

miffSC Dec 22, 2015 10:57 am

I'll be there!!!

DYKWIA Dec 24, 2015 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Mackieman (Post 25901368)
That's a damn good fare. Looking forward to seeing you both.

Booked :)

It'll be our first time down that part of the US. Currently planning :-

St. Augustine
Charleston
Charlotte

I'll do some more research about other places.

CRNA Dec 24, 2015 8:24 am

Do we know any sort of prices yet?

AvidFlyer1990 Dec 24, 2015 8:25 am

Fantastic! I am in. Just moved to CLT as well, and looking forward to meeting fellow FT'ers! :)

Mackieman Dec 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by CRNA (Post 25911891)
Do we know any sort of prices yet?

The couple we have confirmed are posted. The others will be updated as the more fine details are worked out. I estimate the whole thing will run somewhere around $150-$170 for the weekend, not including the fine dining event on Thursday. If you join us for that, add another $80 or so to it. That range is very similar to the last several years of the Austin Mega DO.

Mackieman Dec 24, 2015 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990 (Post 25911895)
Fantastic! I am in. Just moved to CLT as well, and looking forward to meeting fellow FT'ers! :)

Welcome. Enjoy the rain. :rolleyes: :)

CMK10 Dec 25, 2015 11:52 am

I'll be there for the Friday and Saturday events as can be expected as I live only 2.5 hours away. Currently holding a reservation at the Doubletree downtown.

kirkwoodj Jan 2, 2016 9:32 am

No NASCAR Hall of Fame on the schedule?! :)

miffSC Jan 2, 2016 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 25911775)
Booked :)

It'll be our first time down that part of the US. Currently planning :-

St. Augustine
Charleston
Charlotte

I'll do some more research about other places.

Welcome to the South!

Will be happy to share information with you on Charleston.... altough you really can't go wrong with anything there! If you are going to be driving to St. Augustine, I think you would enjoy an overnight stop in Savannah as well.

Mackieman Jan 4, 2016 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by kirkwoodj (Post 25949386)
No NASCAR Hall of Fame on the schedule?! :)

I thought about it but then considered my own total lack of desire to go there and decided against it. However, there is ample free time in which you can visit should you desire to do so. :)

DYKWIA Jan 5, 2016 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by miffSC (Post 25952236)
Welcome to the South!

Will be happy to share information with you on Charleston.... altough you really can't go wrong with anything there! If you are going to be driving to St. Augustine, I think you would enjoy an overnight stop in Savannah as well.

Hi... We've now scheduled Asheville, Savannah and Amelia Island for the trip back South :D

Thanks

miffSC Jan 5, 2016 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 25968295)
Hi... We've now scheduled Asheville, Savannah and Amelia Island for the trip back South :D

Thanks

Great! But I hope you are not going to miss Charleston!

The Andaz in Savannah makes a great stay - good location - excellent restaurant.... a visit to Bonaventure Cemetery is a must. And you may want to check out St. Simon's Island as well - much lest touristy and more artsy than Amelia. Very 'old South'.