Wiki Posts
Search

CLE Good Riddance Smisek Do

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:27 pm
RNE
Original Poster

CLE Good Riddance Smisek Do

CLE more than any other city deserves the honor of holding the first official GRS Do. Who's with me?

Details to follow—as soon as someone else thinks them up.

RNE, an idea guy—not a details guy.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:44 pm

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
I'm down, we can drink his cheap free beer at the UA Club to his departure and moan about the better drinks that used to be free there!

Last edited by ctownflyer; Sep 8, 2015 at 7:56 pm
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:07 pm

I'm in as long as I'm in town
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:10 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I'm down, we can drink cheap his free beer at the UA Club to his departure and moan about the better drinks that used to be free there!
But only if we have a same-day boarding pass.

Actually, I was thinking we could all meet at The 9. http://www.metropolitancleveland.com/

Thoughts, anyone?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:13 pm

Hell, yes!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:21 pm
Suspended

We could have an encore party at JFK...???
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:21 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Please follow this thread in the Flyertalk Community forum.

Safe Travels,

J.Edward
UA forum co-moderator
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: UA,WN,AA,DL, B6
I don't think he every liked CLE. I bet if Larry Kellner was still in charge the CLE hub would still be intact. I did sit next to him across the isle on the 787 first flight IAH-ORD.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ctownflyer
I'm down, we can drink cheap his free beer at the UA Club to his departure and moan about the better drinks that used to be free there!
Count me in!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:26 pm

Will this be taking place at the UA Club in Terminal C? Just wondering because I've moved most of my flying to WN and AA and picked up the Amex Platinum card to enjoy the free entry into CLE's Airspace Lounge.

A UC visit would require a cash outlay or picking up a Chase daypass on the cheap.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Plat
Not holding my breath for any immediate (or... Any any) changes. But I'm in for hoisting a toast if I'm in town!
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:39 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CLEContinental
Will this be taking place at the UA Club in Terminal C? Just wondering because I've moved most of my flying to WN and AA and picked up the Amex Platinum card to enjoy the free entry into CLE's Airspace Lounge.

A UC visit would require a cash outlay or picking up a Chase daypass on the cheap.
I've got two folks that can guest in. If this pans out you are #1 on the list to guest. I suspect that there are several others with the same capacity.

Haven't done it in a bit - can you still get gate passes for club access?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: Over-entitled UA 1.3MM Gold, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott L-T Plat, Hertz PC
I am in, if I am in town. Can guest in two.
Plus I have a free day pass.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
I'm sure someone would happily guest you in....even a UC staff member....depending on the date Id be happy to.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 5:43 pm
RNE
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CLEContinental

We're not going to meet at the airport Club. It's a hassle and it's boring.

Downtown Cleveland is easily reached from the airport. The 9 is a showpiece in the heart of the City, a remodeled 1906 bank building. It has luxe interiors and a stunning view from the Azure Sun Lounge on the rooftop. It's a Marriott Autograph property. A perfect choice—if I do say so myself. http://www.metropolitancleveland.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.