Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 5:41 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I hate to ask again... but I could use a few more Santas if you are willing to help out.

I have two people who have gone MIA..... and these are long standing members that are now ignoring my PMs and emails... even though they have been on FT several times since my messages.

They had eight assignments in total.... so really could use some help.

Thanks
Old Jan 15, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: Too many

I'll take one. PM me
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wharvey
I hate to ask again... but I could use a few more Santas if you are willing to help out.

I have two people who have gone MIA..... and these are long standing members that are now ignoring my PMs and emails... even though they have been on FT several times since my messages.

Thanks
I'll take one as well, please PM me.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 1:10 pm

Programs: LH, BA

Thanks
I can take one as well, please PM me.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 2:22 pm

Thanks
Wharvey, I sent you a PM when you first asked for help, but never received a back-up santa assignment. Not sure if you haven't sent those out yet, but reiterating that I'm happy to take one.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 5:52 am

A big thank you to my replacement Santa 'compubit'! Very generous to send an extra gift to someone.

My son has arranged everything for a photo, so apologies if it isn't showing everything perfectly. He was very excited to open the parcel, definitely like a second Christmas.

A lovely selection of items, the bluetooth speaker is in use already, the portable charger is especially handy and all the biscuits (cookies) and biscuits (biscuits) will be enjoyed by us all here.

Coffee and hot chocolate are definitely welcome, as are the socks as it is really cold outside!

Also thanks for the American Airlines goodies, always nice to get some airline goodies
Old Jan 18, 2016, 2:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
What happens if our giftee is not listed under gifts received? I have proof of delivery, and William had checked early on with at least 1 of my recipients and verified that the gift was received, yet only 1 of my 3 giftees are listed under "gifts received?"
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by BXIAN
What happens if our giftee is not listed under gifts received? I have proof of delivery, and William had checked early on with at least 1 of my recipients and verified that the gift was received, yet only 1 of my 3 giftees are listed under "gifts received?"
It's up to the recipients themselves if the want to post here or not
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:55 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
You can assume all gifts were received if I have not hounded you....

Originally Posted by BXIAN
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: Too many

Personally I think it's incredibly rude to not post in here after you've received. Not in the spirit of the community if you see everyone else posting. What's the point in joining in and someone went to a lot of effort to send you a gift if you won't even acknowledge a short thank you.
Old Jan 20, 2016, 5:00 am

Thanks Santa!

Finally got the third of my gifts today from my generous second secret santa! We've been in email contact (via my SS's flyertalksecretsanta hotmail account) throughout about how much slower shipping gets once you go international. Slow but totally worth the wait - all very thoughtful gifts that will get lots of good use!

First to arrive was a set of Eagle Pro packing cubes in gorgeous red:

Second was for my little buddy Oreo - he loves his reindeer chew toy (I am not sure how to turn the picture around...):

Last but not least was a very apt book about expat women's experiences in Asia - I've been here 3 years but still learning to settle in. I am so looking forward to reading this!

Happy New Year everyone and I am very grateful to have been part of this fun!
Old Jan 21, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC 25k
Originally Posted by Jinxy
Personally I think it's incredibly rude to not post in here after you've received. Not in the spirit of the community if you see everyone else posting. What's the point in joining in and someone went to a lot of effort to send you a gift if you won't even acknowledge a short thank you.
+1
Old Jan 22, 2016, 4:59 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Very belated photos of my Secret Santa gifts! I had posted when the packages arrived, but did not open them till Christmas since I would be spending Christmas solo this year. But - I am just now uploading the pictures (warp speed at work since Christmas means that my Christmas decorations are still up, too!!).

First of all, thank you again to Secret Santa miko2a. I LOVED that you sent unique gifts from your area of California; this introduced me to some wonderful artisan brands that I was not familiar with. As previously posted, the wine did not last until Christmas, but I was strong and held off on opening the other packages till Christmas day and adore absolutely everything:
  • Fern Valley Goat Milk soap in my favorite scent Lemon verbena
  • Dick Taylor Craft Madagascar chocolate
  • A lovely (and amusing!0 Wine Journal - "for those who love wine-or just need a drink"
  • A gnome bottle stopper!
  • And even a catnip toy for my kitty!

Next, a package from Williams Sonoma arrived right before Christmas. That Secret Santa is still unidentified, but has excellent taste! I received a high quality 7 piece Rabbit wine opening set - just perfect.

Thank you again for the very thoughtful gifts and for making Christmas special for me.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 11:40 pm
Suspended

Thumbs down Rude and ungrateful- some of the participants are!

Dear SecretSanta participants
Dear William and his helpers

due to my experiences this year I am really thinking about not participating ever again.

1 of 4 was able to post at least ˝ of the gifts they received, with a thank you note.
1 of 4 was able to post at least a pm to say thank you, but no pics.

From the 2 others I didn't hear or read anything- despite them being online quite often.

I find this incredibly rude and ungrateful.

Seriously, how hard can it be to post some pics of what one received and a short thank-you note??? And those who didn't step up to their promises to deliver when participating- you are just disgusting and of very questionable morale / attitude towards life.

You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
RAANT OVER

Last edited by SwissCircle; Jan 22, 2016 at 11:52 pm
Old Jan 23, 2016, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
Dear SecretSanta participants
Dear William and his helpers

due to my experiences this year I am really thinking about not participating ever again.

1 of 4 was able to post at least ˝ of the gifts they received, with a thank you note.
1 of 4 was able to post at least a pm to say thank you, but no pics.

From the 2 others I didn't hear or read anything- despite them being online quite often.

I find this incredibly rude and ungrateful.

Seriously, how hard can it be to post some pics of what one received and a short thank-you note??? And those who didn't step up to their promises to deliver when participating- you are just disgusting and of very questionable morale / attitude towards life.

You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!
RAANT OVER
I can understand not posting photos for any number of reasons, including technology issues. I generally don't post photos, as it had been difficult to do so.

If a Santa doesn't identify them by FT handle, one cannot send a PM.

For those wondering if their recipient received their gifts, I might suggest that you search the thread to see if they posted here. I often miss posts in threads, and only see them when someone quotes it.

I'm one who doesn't always acknowledge gifts immediately, for any number of reasons. I may not have the time then to write a proper thank you post, I may not have everything in front of me when I'm next on FT, or, as has happened in prior years, I've been confused about what was from this exchange, what was from another exchange, and which presents were from each Santa.

It is nice to have your recipient acknowledge your gifts, but getting upset if they don't? Not worth it to me. This is supposed to be fun, not stressful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.