Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I am also a little disappointed that at least one of my Santas has not sent anything to date. I have only gotten gifts from 1 Santa out of 3, although 1 asked for more time due to unforeseen circumstances, and appears to have proactively reached out to William to let him know. I also don't think that we have had as many people post pictures or thank you notes this year. Only 1 of my 3 recipients posted that she had received my gifts (and she also sent a very gracious PM).
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: American Airlines
I just returned from two weeks in Europe and received my last SS package:
- Fodor's Boston
- Frommer's Philadelphia
- Headphones
- A notepad with the pages designed to look like an iPad
- SkyTeam delayed passenger comfort kit.
- Subscription to Runner's World

Having recently moved to Connecticut, I've been craving places to go for weekend trips so I'm sure that both guidebooks will get put to good use!

Thanks to my Secret Santa for this awesome package! I'm not sure who this is from because I had already received five gifts (well, four full gifts plus the start of a fifth which promised two more boxes to come from Amazon.com which haven't came -- so I'm guessing this is instead of the rest of the Amazon.com gifts). Regardless, it's a thoughtful and much appreciated gift!
Old Jan 7, 2016, 8:33 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Advice for future FT Secret Santas: don't trust Kickstarter timelines. I got two of my recipients a travel item from a Kickstarter project. It looks like it'll be an awesome item (I've even ordered one for myself) but they slipped on their shipping estimation twice. Originally scheduled for delivery before Christmas, they delayed to shipping just before Christmas and finally sent an email saying production is finally under way and they'll be delivered before January 31st.

I've sent both recipients updates as they come from the production team, and have also bought them something else to go along with the Kickstarter (which they've received), but I won't be ordering any Kickstarter items as gifts again.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 11:11 pm

As others have commented, this Secret Santa program often turns into a family event. My teen perused the emails from Head Santa with me, went shopping with me, veto'ed one of my ideas, and found a better item for the giftee. He also had fun on the receiving end, acting as Gift Guard until Christmas and then wrapping my gifts so I had the fun of unwrapping them. Same with Santa Paws (thanks, Kipper!) - it's become a family event.

Wharvey you do a really good thing with this program. Can't thank you enough for all your hard work!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
Originally Posted by Redhead
I'm so happy you liked it! I almost kept it for myself :-)

I got it on Etsy. Let me try to find the exact link and I'll PM it too you.
I lack self restraint at times and ended up buying a gift for secret santa and one for me during this adventure- I could not risk sending someone bad wine or food.....

You have great taste- this is one of the most unique gifts I have ever received^

Thank you again!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by kauppias
Received my second gift from my SS who also outed himself

the package was delayed in customs and I had to pay the customs fees first.

in the package was a rechargable battery for cell phones and some EK Emirates on board items. the amenity kit is nice looking, much nicer then I have seen on other airlines.

also enclosed was a little pad with a hand written note in it

Glad the package finally made it out of customs!

All those EK items are from the Emirates store...except for the amenity kit, of course, but that's priceless anyway!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by extramileage
Glad the package finally made it out of customs!

All those EK items are from the Emirates store...except for the amenity kit, of course, but that's priceless anyway!
I learned something new today that Emirates has a store 😄 Cool stuff. The amenity kit seems good quality now im only missing first class PJs i hope they are not leather too once I get my AS miles Ill test that out
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta,SPG, Hyatt
Heres a pic of the presents I didn't upload earlier. Thanks!

-singtx
Attached Images  
Old Jan 12, 2016, 6:41 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Santa Update:

Only a few gaps remain in my spreadsheet.... I want to thank those of you who volunteered to help out. Will let you know if I need you.

I have sent out final private messages. I will assume all gifts were received if I do not get a confirmation back this time.

I will assume you chose not to send your gifts if I do not hear back and will proceed to suspend you from Flyertalk.

I hate to get to that step but I have run out of patience. This has become a six month project!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:58 am

Yesterday, I got an email with an amazon credit from my secret santa with a note stating that sadly the gift he sent me was never delivered....

Guess what:
Woohoooo... I just got a huge package in the mail. It's a crazy toy for my daughter:

She will love it...

On a side note, it would make sense for me to return the amazon credit. Could my Secret santa send me a PM? (I have his full name, so no need to try if you're not my secret santa...)

Last edited by gsch; Jan 12, 2016 at 10:58 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 12, 2016, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wharvey
Santa Update:

Only a few gaps remain in my spreadsheet.... I want to thank those of you who volunteered to help out. Will let you know if I need you.

I have sent out final private messages. I will assume all gifts were received if I do not get a confirmation back this time.

I will assume you chose not to send your gifts if I do not hear back and will proceed to suspend you from Flyertalk.

I hate to get to that step but I have run out of patience. This has become a six month project!
It is always disappointing to hear this happen... every year.
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: Marriott rewards
Thank you!

Originally Posted by WIRunner
It is always disappointing to hear this happen... every year.
I hope I am in the right place...thank you to my secret santa! I was very happy and pleased with my gift. This was my first year participating and was surprised how well everything was planned and organized.
Attached Images   

Last edited by poohbear808; Jan 12, 2016 at 9:36 pm Reason: Pictures
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:39 pm

Late thank you for my final SS gift picked up from the post office on Monday. IT was beautiful wool shawl from Kolkata via MUC. I especially liked the customs invoice enclosed - definitely added legitimacy! Many thanks international roving SS, well worth the wait!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 9:43 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Well, I have egg on my face for complaining about not receiving at least one of my gifts-it had arrived, but I did not realize that it was from Santa! Here is what happened:
We were away on vacation for 12 days. My birthday is January 20th, and it is a bit of a milestone birthday. When we got home, there was a $60 gift certificate from a local spa waiting for me along with lots of other birthday coupons (including a number from local businesses). I am an existing customer of the spa, but have not been there in over 6 months. They have sent me promos in the past to get me to return, and they have also sent me promotional coupons for my birthday, since they have the date in their records. When I got the gift certificate, I said to myself, "Wow! They must really want to woo me back as a customer. " I never imagined that it was my Secret Santa gift! I feel badly for complaining that it was not received. I am so grateful that Santa took the time and trouble to find such a wonderful gift for me at a local business in my backyard. I will enjoy it very much! Grateful for my thoughtful Santa!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 10:42 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Late thank you for my final SS gift picked up from the post office on Monday. IT was beautiful wool shawl from Kolkata via MUC. I especially liked the customs invoice enclosed - definitely added legitimacy! Many thanks international roving SS, well worth the wait!
Well, I heard the CBSA is tough on everyone....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.