Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Community

CommunityBuzz

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 19, 16, 4:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 4, 16, 1:17 pm
  #631  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milton, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Posts: 18,894
OK, I hate making this request each year.... but I need some help from people who would be willing to step in to help fulfill promises from bad Santas!

If you are willing to take on one additional assignment, please private message me and I will send you an assignment if I need you... do let me know if you would also be willing to ship internationally.

Sorry for asking...
wharvey is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 1:57 pm
  #632  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mid Atlantic US
Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
Posts: 107


I received an extremely battered envelope this morning from FedEx (it's been through the ringer...) - guess Santa's helpers at "FedUp" weren't have a Happy Holiday season...

Thanks to my SS who sent a collection of goodies including:
- Starbucks Gift Card
- 4 Seattle Chocolate Bars
- Bluetooth Headset
- Jim Gaffigan's book Dad is Fat
- Jason Barger's book Step Back from the Baggage Claim
- SkyTeam Amenity Kit

Perfect for an upcoming trip - I do appreciate humorous books.

Thanks, SS!

Jim
compubit is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 3:09 pm
  #633  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,476
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
That would be weird. They'd have had to create an FT user name for him, and then sent a PM to wharvey.
Weird, but not impossible, and maybe more likely than someone personally signing up for FT and the Santa Secret program and then claiming not to have done so. Could be a disgruntled ex or roommate. I'd wonder how old the FT handle was.

Maybe there needs to be a minimum number of years and posts on FT before one can participate? Not saying all newcomers are bad actors, but having a track record here might cut out some who just get and don't give.

Last edited by CDTraveler; Jan 4, 16 at 7:43 pm
CDTraveler is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 6:39 pm
  #634  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NC
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Silver
Posts: 9,092
I'm still waiting on my last gift. I've been doing this for about 7-8 years and this is the first time I haven't received all my gifts by Christmas. I am so thankful to Wharvey for all that he does organizing this. It is such fun.
Redhead is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 6:44 pm
  #635  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: ROM
Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
I'm still waiting on my last gift. I've been doing this for about 7-8 years and this is the first time I haven't received all my gifts by Christmas. I am so thankful to Wharvey for all that he does organizing this. It is such fun.
Same thing here, well, I think this is my 4th or 5th year, but this is the first time I haven't received all my gifts by now. That or my memory is failing.

Well, I guess there's always the chance of getting a delinquent Santa. It's still been fun, and already planning on joining again next year.
MrDplus is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 7:56 pm
  #636  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York City Baby!
Programs: DL Silver
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by FlyingCow View Post
I want to thank all of my Santas for the wonderful gifts! I had a blast last weekend opening presents and I even took pictures, but internet out here is quite slow so won't risk it.

- Anonymous Secret Santa II shipping from Mnchengladbach, Germany:
Luminous umbrella - it's fantastic and with Copenhagen's great weather has been already put to good use.

- Anonymous Secret Santa III shipping from Bronx, NY:
4 x Star Wars lipsticks and Star Wars mascara - I knew they existed but never thought of getting them, they're perfect!
Both from me Kinda fought someone over the "May the force be with you" mascara. Glad you liked them.
Glamette is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 9:58 pm
  #637  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: CAE,AGS
Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
Posts: 3,122
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
OK, I hate making this request each year.... but I need some help from people who would be willing to step in to help fulfill promises from bad Santas!

If you are willing to take on one additional assignment, please private message me and I will send you an assignment if I need you... do let me know if you would also be willing to ship internationally.

Sorry for asking...
PM sent.

Thanks wharvey - for all that you do. I certainly look forward to participating every year that I have and I know none of this would be possible without your efforts!
miffSC is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 10:18 pm
  #638  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Posts: 49,350
Originally Posted by CDTraveler View Post
Weird, but not impossible, and maybe more likely than someone personally signing up for FT and the Santa Secret program and then claiming not to have done so. Could be a disgruntled ex or roommate. I'd wonder how old the FT handle was.

Maybe there needs to be a minimum number of years and posts on FT before one can participate? Not saying all newcomers are bad actors, but having a track record here might cut out some who just get and don't give.
I'm guessing it's probably someone who signed up and forgot about it.
Originally Posted by MrDplus View Post
Same thing here, well, I think this is my 4th or 5th year, but this is the first time I haven't received all my gifts by now. That or my memory is failing.

Well, I guess there's always the chance of getting a delinquent Santa. It's still been fun, and already planning on joining again next year.
I've been one who hasn't received gifts before Christmas (family emergencies, and IIRC, one Santa had my presents stolen from outside his apartment after they were delivered, so he needed to scramble to buy new presents for me). I actually rather like it, because it extends Christmas for me.
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 10:45 pm
  #639  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Tokyo
Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Diamond (*G), Marriott Ambassador (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Posts: 16,997
And now back in the office after a bit longer than planned trip over Xmas and New Year's. My second secret santa package was waiting for me at my desk.



A dessert cookbook, muffin mix, and baking mats for my experiments and joys in the kitchen. Plus a travel journal and a luggage tag for my upcoming trips. Big thank you my Australian Santa.
CPH-Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 5, 16, 10:03 am
  #640  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Programs: Too many
Posts: 1,096
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
And now back in the office after a bit longer than planned trip over Xmas and New Year's. My second secret santa package was waiting for me at my desk.



A dessert cookbook, muffin mix, and baking mats for my experiments and joys in the kitchen. Plus a travel journal and a luggage tag for my upcoming trips. Big thank you my Australian Santa.
Hope you enjoy the muffins and so happy it made it to you intact as I was worried about Japan restrictions with food items!
Jinxy is offline  
Old Jan 7, 16, 12:42 am
  #641  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: LAX
Posts: 2,057
I received a second package from Vvbkumar today consisting of some darjeeling tea-I'll have to try this soon-I don't think I've had this variety before, or at least definitely not within recent memory ^

Last edited by steveman518; Jan 7, 16 at 1:39 pm
steveman518 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 16, 2:20 am
  #642  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN**
Posts: 44,590
Originally Posted by oliver2002 View Post
Came back to work today after a week away and a big package from Tim McC. in Paris was waiting for me on my desk. A number of small packages and a little santa plus a package that opened in transit revealing an airplane tie pin. ^
Somehow I never got around to reporting the contents of my package:
- a beautiful shopping bag with a DC3 theme and 50s FAs from a Belgian chocolate company
- a first day cover from SAS DC9 service STO-BER
- some chocolates
- a massive tin box with chocolates
- a metal bookmark (not tie pin)
- a game in German that should come in handy to play with my boys
-etc

Very nice surprise from SS this year. Last year was so-so and 2013 was really nice. ^
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Jan 7, 16, 7:09 am
  #643  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Seat 1L these days :)
Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Diamon/ay platinum Lumo
Posts: 6,838
Received my second gift from my SS who also outed himself

the package was delayed in customs and I had to pay the customs fees first.

in the package was a rechargable battery for cell phones and some EK Emirates on board items. the amenity kit is nice looking, much nicer then I have seen on other airlines.


also enclosed was a little pad with a hand written note in it



Last edited by kauppias; Jan 7, 16 at 7:30 am
kauppias is offline  
Old Jan 7, 16, 1:49 pm
  #644  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Dallas TX
Programs: SWA- A List Preffered, Hilton- Gold
Posts: 28
This was my first year in the program and I have had a blast! I sent three gifts and received two- I am not bummed because the two I received totally knocked it out of the park!!!

One gift was an absolutely beautiful necklace of the continents of the world. I have worn it several times and love it. Santa- can you please let me know where you found this ( if possible) My daughter and niece and not so subtlety hinted they want one - or will steal mine soon..
I said " surprise me" on jewelry and clearly this Santa has awesome taste.

The other gift reminded my of "Oprah's" favorite things- Santa was creative:

Packing cubes- used them last week and love it
Chocolates- on the treadmill now- worth it
Travel wine glass- used it for tailgating- perfect
Carolina Christmas Coffee- awesome on a cold morning
Journal- daughter already stole it!

Santa used his/her sense of humor in the last two. I asked for Super Bowl tickets as my dream gift and Santa sent.....

Black Jewell Popcorn ( to enjoy during the game).
Dallas Cowboys kitchen set ( The towel is great for wiping the tears away after another disappointing season).

I have had a blast and hope my Santa gifts were enjoyed.

William- thank you for your work on this. I cannot express how much fun we had with this and how much I appreciate the thought my Santa put into these gifts!!!!!

Lisa
Lisabeth is offline  
Old Jan 7, 16, 7:14 pm
  #645  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: NC
Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Silver
Posts: 9,092
Originally Posted by Lisabeth View Post

One gift was an absolutely beautiful necklace of the continents of the world. I have worn it several times and love it. Santa- can you please let me know where you found this ( if possible) My daughter and niece and not so subtlety hinted they want one - or will steal mine soon..
I said " surprise me" on jewelry and clearly this Santa has awesome taste.

Lisa
I'm so happy you liked it! I almost kept it for myself :-)

I got it on Etsy. Let me try to find the exact link and I'll PM it too you.
Redhead is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread