Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

    Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 19, 16, 4:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 3, 16, 1:33 pm
  #616  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PUF
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 179
I want to thank all of my Santas for the wonderful gifts! I had a blast last weekend opening presents and I even took pictures, but internet out here is quite slow so won't risk it.

I received a total of five shipments though I had four Santas, so a couple of them should be from the same one. So basically this is what I got (I guess I was not so naughty last year!):

- Secret Santa Kimmy AA:
Lonely Planet Ultimate Travel book; Colorless, by Haruki Murakami (book); Yoda mug; Yoda stuffed toy; lovely handwritten Xmas card; 2 x Star Wars Lightsaber chopsticks; 3 x magnets; Little goodie bag with purple notebook, purple pen and purple marker and a Stormtrooper tin. Everything was beautifully wrapped in Xmas themed gift wrap and little details all over. Thanks a million!

- Anonymous Secret Santa I shipping from Park Ridge, IL (Linda?):
Swiss amenity kit; Holiday cookbook; Star Wars spatula; The Martian, by Andy Weir (book); Star Wars Darth Vader keychain; lovely handwritten Xmas card

- Anonymous Secret Santa II shipping from Mnchengladbach, Germany:
Luminous umbrella - it's fantastic and with Copenhagen's great weather has been already put to good use.

- Anonymous Secret Santa III shipping from Bronx, NY:
4 x Star Wars lipsticks and Star Wars mascara - I knew they existed but never thought of getting them, they're perfect!

- Anonymous Secret Santa IV shipping with Amazon:
Star Wars cookbook (with cookie cutters!); Star Wars. Absolutely Everything you Need to Know (book); Star Wars Titanium Series ships: Poe Dameron's X-wing, Millennium Falcon, Biggs Darklighter's X-wing, Tie Fighter.

You can probably see a theme here. I'll be cooking, wearing and living Star Wars for quite a bit and can't be happier about it. The books will also make me good company whilst working offshore. I'd love to know who all my anonymous Santas were to thank them for a great belated Xmas.

I'd also like to mention one of my Santees, compubit, who was so kind as to send me a gift as well as a thank you. You are most welcome!
FlyingCow is online now  
Old Jan 3, 16, 2:18 pm
  #617  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Posts: 49,019
Originally Posted by FlyingCow View Post
I want to thank all of my Santas for the wonderful gifts! I had a blast last weekend opening presents and I even took pictures, but internet out here is quite slow so won't risk it.

I received a total of five shipments though I had four Santas, so a couple of them should be from the same one. So basically this is what I got (I guess I was not so naughty last year!):

- Secret Santa Kimmy AA:
Lonely Planet Ultimate Travel book; Colorless, by Haruki Murakami (book); Yoda mug; Yoda stuffed toy; lovely handwritten Xmas card; 2 x Star Wars Lightsaber chopsticks; 3 x magnets; Little goodie bag with purple notebook, purple pen and purple marker and a Stormtrooper tin. Everything was beautifully wrapped in Xmas themed gift wrap and little details all over. Thanks a million!

- Anonymous Secret Santa I shipping from Park Ridge, IL (Linda?):
Swiss amenity kit; Holiday cookbook; Star Wars spatula; The Martian, by Andy Weir (book); Star Wars Darth Vader keychain; lovely handwritten Xmas card

- Anonymous Secret Santa II shipping from Mnchengladbach, Germany:
Luminous umbrella - it's fantastic and with Copenhagen's great weather has been already put to good use.

- Anonymous Secret Santa III shipping from Bronx, NY:
4 x Star Wars lipsticks and Star Wars mascara - I knew they existed but never thought of getting them, they're perfect!

- Anonymous Secret Santa IV shipping with Amazon:
Star Wars cookbook (with cookie cutters!); Star Wars. Absolutely Everything you Need to Know (book); Star Wars Titanium Series ships: Poe Dameron's X-wing, Millennium Falcon, Biggs Darklighter's X-wing, Tie Fighter.

You can probably see a theme here. I'll be cooking, wearing and living Star Wars for quite a bit and can't be happier about it. The books will also make me good company whilst working offshore. I'd love to know who all my anonymous Santas were to thank them for a great belated Xmas.

I'd also like to mention one of my Santees, compubit, who was so kind as to send me a gift as well as a thank you. You are most welcome!
I'll admit to the Amazon order! I can't say that I realized the cookbook included cookie cutters.
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 3:04 pm
  #618  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: YEG
Programs: AC
Posts: 781
I am very delinquent in posting my pictures up on here.

Here are three of my four gifts. I will post the last one later on tonight or tomorrow.







Thank you very much to all my Secret Santas. It was a great year and I am already looking forward to next year.

Last edited by canforce; Jan 3, 16 at 3:11 pm
canforce is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 5:58 pm
  #619  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Australia
Programs: AA, LM, Etihad Guest Gold, Honors Plat, IHG Ambassador, Star Alliance Gold,
Posts: 1,096
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Quote:





Originally Posted by Jinxy


Still nothing from two of mine however I think one is away. The other has never commented on this thread ever




Are your gifts stuck in the customs black hole?
I can't trace them unfortunately with the crap service auspost is but another one of my Santas got his 3 weeks ago to the same country so I'm sure they've been received!
Jinxy is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 6:02 pm
  #620  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Posts: 49,019
Originally Posted by Jinxy View Post
I can't trace them unfortunately with the crap service auspost is but another one of my Santas got his 3 weeks ago to the same country so I'm sure they've been received!
Sorry, I misunderstood! I thought you were still waiting on some of yours. Unfortunately, not everyone posts when they receive gifts.
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 7:03 pm
  #621  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: North Pole
Programs: Santa's Workshop
Posts: 104
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I'll admit to the Amazon order! I can't say that I realized the cookbook included cookie cutters.
Sometimes the Elves throw stuff in at the last minute.

We're about the shut the lights and close the door; so unless there's something else, see you in December.
HeadElf53 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 16, 8:08 pm
  #622  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Posts: 49,019
Originally Posted by HeadElf53 View Post
Sometimes the Elves throw stuff in at the last minute.

We're about the shut the lights and close the door; so unless there's something else, see you in December.
LOL! I appreciate the elves!
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 4:42 am
  #623  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PUF
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 179
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I'll admit to the Amazon order! I can't say that I realized the cookbook included cookie cutters.
Originally Posted by HeadElf53 View Post
Sometimes the Elves throw stuff in at the last minute.

We're about the shut the lights and close the door; so unless there's something else, see you in December.
Thanks a lot, kipper and Elves! I will definitely put the cookbook and cookie cutters to good use, and will have trouble ensuring my boyfriend doesn't become overly friendly with the book and the ships
FlyingCow is online now  
Old Jan 4, 16, 8:37 am
  #624  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milton, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Posts: 18,863
OK... Head Santa is back from a few days of needed rest....

I have updated my files.... and will be reaching out to anyone who has not responded...

Will take some time as I will now be doing it via email since so many ignore private messages....and I have to search through PMs to find email addresses... sigh.
wharvey is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 9:52 am
  #625  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
Posts: 1,212
Originally Posted by FlyingCow View Post
I want to thank all of my Santas for the wonderful gifts! I had a blast last weekend opening presents and I even took pictures, but internet out here is quite slow so won't risk it.

I received a total of five shipments though I had four Santas, so a couple of them should be from the same one. So basically this is what I got (I guess I was not so naughty last year!):

- Secret Santa Kimmy AA:
Lonely Planet Ultimate Travel book; Colorless, by Haruki Murakami (book); Yoda mug; Yoda stuffed toy; lovely handwritten Xmas card; 2 x Star Wars Lightsaber chopsticks; 3 x magnets; Little goodie bag with purple notebook, purple pen and purple marker and a Stormtrooper tin. Everything was beautifully wrapped in Xmas themed gift wrap and little details all over. Thanks a million!

- Anonymous Secret Santa I shipping from Park Ridge, IL (Linda?):
Swiss amenity kit; Holiday cookbook; Star Wars spatula; The Martian, by Andy Weir (book); Star Wars Darth Vader keychain; lovely handwritten Xmas card

- Anonymous Secret Santa II shipping from Mnchengladbach, Germany:
Luminous umbrella - it's fantastic and with Copenhagen's great weather has been already put to good use.

- Anonymous Secret Santa III shipping from Bronx, NY:
4 x Star Wars lipsticks and Star Wars mascara - I knew they existed but never thought of getting them, they're perfect!

- Anonymous Secret Santa IV shipping with Amazon:
Star Wars cookbook (with cookie cutters!); Star Wars. Absolutely Everything you Need to Know (book); Star Wars Titanium Series ships: Poe Dameron's X-wing, Millennium Falcon, Biggs Darklighter's X-wing, Tie Fighter.

You can probably see a theme here. I'll be cooking, wearing and living Star Wars for quite a bit and can't be happier about it. The books will also make me good company whilst working offshore. I'd love to know who all my anonymous Santas were to thank them for a great belated Xmas.

I'd also like to mention one of my Santees, compubit, who was so kind as to send me a gift as well as a thank you. You are most welcome!
Yes, I balima (Linda) will admit to the Star Wars spatula (who knew such a thing existed), keychain, book, and holiday cookbook.

With all the Star Wars paraphernalia you received, you better like Star Wars. LOL

Hope you enjoy all your gifts
May the Force be with You.
balima is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 10:06 am
  #626  
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Milton, GA USA
Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Posts: 18,863
Well, I have to share that after this many years a new low has hit.... I have just been accused of being a spammer from India.

Background.... I started sending follow up notes this morning to email addresses for people who have ignored my messages or have not confirmed shipping/receipt.

I have a member from Switzerland who responded he had never signed up for an FT account nor had he committed to be part of the exchange.

But he then said "That would explain getting two gifts".

He then accused me of being a spammer from India who probably wants him to send me money via Paypal.

Tell me again why I keep doing this? sigh
wharvey is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 10:09 am
  #627  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 592
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
Well, I have to share that after this many years a new low has hit.... I have just been accused of being a spammer from India.

Background.... I started sending follow up notes this morning to email addresses for people who have ignored my messages or have not confirmed shipping/receipt.

I have a member from Switzerland who responded he had never signed up for an FT account nor had he committed to be part of the exchange.

But he then said "That would explain getting two gifts".

He then accused me of being a spammer from India who probably wants him to send me money via Paypal.

Tell me again why I keep doing this? sigh
....and yet he managed to receive 2 gifts correctly addressed to him?
danam is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 10:21 am
  #628  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Posts: 49,019
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
Well, I have to share that after this many years a new low has hit.... I have just been accused of being a spammer from India.

Background.... I started sending follow up notes this morning to email addresses for people who have ignored my messages or have not confirmed shipping/receipt.

I have a member from Switzerland who responded he had never signed up for an FT account nor had he committed to be part of the exchange.

But he then said "That would explain getting two gifts".

He then accused me of being a spammer from India who probably wants him to send me money via Paypal.

Tell me again why I keep doing this? sigh
Sigh!
kipper is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 11:59 am
  #629  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,444
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
Well, I have to share that after this many years a new low has hit.... I have just been accused of being a spammer from India.

Background.... I started sending follow up notes this morning to email addresses for people who have ignored my messages or have not confirmed shipping/receipt.

I have a member from Switzerland who responded he had never signed up for an FT account nor had he committed to be part of the exchange.

But he then said "That would explain getting two gifts".

He then accused me of being a spammer from India who probably wants him to send me money via Paypal.

Tell me again why I keep doing this? sigh
I wonder if someone may have signed him up as a prank? This past year some @ss has signed me up for at least 6 different magazines and I've had to deal with that hassle.
CDTraveler is offline  
Old Jan 4, 16, 12:06 pm
  #630  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Posts: 49,019
Originally Posted by CDTraveler View Post
I wonder if someone may have signed him up as a prank? This past year some @ss has signed me up for at least 6 different magazines and I've had to deal with that hassle.
That would be weird. They'd have had to create an FT user name for him, and then sent a PM to wharvey.
kipper is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread