Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
We've been playing with modeling clay from FlyingCow since yesterday. Mini Redhead loves it and the mini cookie cutters with it. I love the salt dish, butter plate and condiments holder

Another Santa gave Mini Redhead an amazing book on the Japan tsunami. It is truly beautiful and thank you for the great note with it. I'm enjoying it now and she will in a couple of years. I also have the classic REM playing. The wine glass tags using the hand painted pic of airplanes are cool
Old Dec 26, 2015, 11:22 am

I know there is one more Santa still to send to me, who has dispensation from Santa Wharvey to mail late.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by DevilDawg1960
Another anonymous Secret Santa sent me a solar charger which will come in handy, especially when we go hiking. Also sent an amazing cookbook of Spanish Cuisine by Mario Batali which he/she says is on of their favorites.

My Secret Santa obviously knows my home town (Durham NC) as he recommended a Spanish restaurant here and suggested that it was up to real Spanish standards. The ironic thing is that I can (and do) walk to this restaurant from my office when I am in town. I travel to Spain (Madrid and Barcelona mostly) at least three times a year and am a fan of the food. This gives me the chance to try to recreate the magic of good Spanish cuisine.

My SS also suggested one of the recipes from the book and provided suggestions for where to acquire ingredients.

A special thanks to my SS. If you are from this area and are interested, would be happy to meet at Mateo's for some tapas.

Thanks again to all my Secret Santas.

Glad you liked it! Mateo is a favorite of mine. I'd be up for tapas some time! I'm not far myself.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Redhead
I know there is one more Santa still to send to me, who has dispensation from Santa Wharvey to mail late.
I hope my third one also has a dispensation from Santa , or it's already on it's way

If not, well, I still loved the other 2 gifts.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
Got a huge bundle of Swiss goodies including a TON of Lindt, yummy butter cookies, a calendar and a fun Bill Bryson book for the Deal Kids. Thanks so much, gsch!
Glad you got everything on time for Christmas. I hope the Deal Kids will like the book!

Last edited by gsch; Dec 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm Reason: typo
Old Dec 26, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Originally Posted by grbflyer
many many thanks for the secret santa gift. There was a bump in the road when some evil elves made off with the package, but the SS was kind enough to have it reshipped.
We fired that guy.

Originally Posted by BXIAN
(referring to Santa wharvey...) I can't imagine how much work it is for you to keep up with all of this. Thank you for all you do and Merry Christmas!
This can't be said enough. ^
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
I also have a Santa who got a special dispensation from Wharvey to ship late (and I appreciate Santa sending that message). Got a lovely gift from CKidder (photos posted previously)- have been sampling the lovely teas daily! No word on Santa #3 as of yet.....
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:49 pm

Oh and I forgot a $25 gift card from Michaels. I'm planning to get some currency framed!
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Amtrak (and various scattered miles)
I just want to thank everyone for the wonderful presents. I wrote "surprise me" and there were some wonderful surprises and many that reminded me of various points of my life from childhood and my family in Quebec to my law school years in the Pacific NW, especially to the ones who didn't put their name to the presents. Thank you so much. Sorry I couldn't post pictures but my roommate/occasional-girlfriend (long story) was hoe when I was at work and ate some of the delicious stuff before I got home.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: Hilton: Diamond/Everything else: Kettle...
After spending Saturday night at DAL during the Tornado Warning (that story is for a different thread...), I arrived home early today (Sunday) and picked up 2 boxes from Amazon at the Post Office.

I think they're from the same Secret Santa, but am not 100% positive - the first box has a gift note in it with a name (doesn't tie to any handles on FT or the SS activities); the second box had the same note, but no name on it...

Box #1:
- 2 Packing Bags
- A Surge Protector/Multiple outlet/USB Charger for traveling
- A USB/Lightning Cable
- A Cell Phone Battery Backup

All are very helpful when traveling. The Surge Protector would have been helpful at 2 of the hotels I stayed in over the weekend (when will Hotel Lamp designers realize that most chargers are bigger than the 1/2" based on the front of the lamp?), and the Cell Battery Charger would have been great at DAL, where I prefer not to sit, but walk the terminal, waiting for my flight (after all, I'll be sitting for several hours...)

Box #2:
- Amazon Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics

Perfect for putting everthing together in a single "Grab and Go" package - you don't know how many times I'm scrambling the night before I travel to find all of the right chargers, wires, etc.

To the Secret Santa(s) who sent these items: THANKS!!! It's a great set of items I can use when traveling.

Jim
Old Dec 27, 2015, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by compubit
Box #2:
- Amazon Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics

Perfect for putting everthing together in a single "Grab and Go" package - you don't know how many times I'm scrambling the night before I travel to find all of the right chargers, wires, etc.

To the Secret Santa(s) who sent these items: THANKS!!! It's a great set of items I can use when traveling.

Jim
I received that same case from my Secret Santa last year and it is marvelous. I've picked up duplicate cords, etc. for my various electronics and keep the case packed and in my laptop bag. That way I don't have to go nuts hunting for the right cords, adapters, spare flash drives, photo card adapters, etc. as I'm trying to get out the door. It holds a surprising amount.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 8:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by CDTraveler
I received that same case from my Secret Santa last year and it is marvelous. I've picked up duplicate cords, etc. for my various electronics and keep the case packed and in my laptop bag. That way I don't have to go nuts hunting for the right cords, adapters, spare flash drives, photo card adapters, etc. as I'm trying to get out the door. It holds a surprising amount.
That is a great idea. That way, there's no worrying over, "Did I pack the phone charger," or similar.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 9:34 pm

Programs: Santa's Workshop
I received a lovely thank you note from one of you. ^

While the Elves work very hard to make the presents, no one on my staff sent gifts to anyone. So to the person that elected not to receive PM's - consider this my message to you.

The Elves have no issue with anyone using our name and address as having sent your gift. There was a time, my return address was the House of Miles.
As a matter of fact, it's a safe way to keep your I D secret in Secret Santa.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:34 am

Finally figured out how to post a pic

Thank you for my gift cards! It took me several days to realize they were from my secret Santa. It was only when I was purchasing my gifts for my secret Santa is when it hit me ^^^

Old Dec 28, 2015, 12:38 am

Thank you to my second secret Santa .

So many goodies arrived in my box

I will be enjoying movies from both my Secret Santa's!^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.