Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100k, AS MVP Gold, National EE, SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
So far received a $70 egift card for Air Canada...

Also a spectacular box from someone in Edmonton.... Not a clue what it is, but the anticipation is eating away at me...

Received news that my SS from Australia had my gift returned to sender ): not sure what happened there?

...and also waiting patiently for the last SS...

Merry Christmas all!

Still waiting
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Originally Posted by Redhead
Then you must be mine too, FlyingCow! I received both the boxes yesterday and the presents are under the tree. Mini Redhead knows one is for her and is excited to open it on Christmas morning.
Originally Posted by compubit
Just as I was beginning to worry that I had been a bad boy and Santa was going to skip my house...

I received a package from Denmark in the mail (got a text from USPS that I had a package at 8:04pm tonight).

Opening the box, I see lots a presents!

And the results:

A nice package with Anthon Berg candy (Yum!!!), a book called "Switch I.T. Off" (which I need, since I work in I.T. all day!), Rye Crackers, a Danish candleholder, Story Cubes (a game where you roll the dice and make up a story based on the dice pictures - fun with my niece and nephew), a Danish paper Christmas Ornament, and (yippee!) a Danish Ericofon.

A few notes:
- I'm of Danish ancestry (family from Viborg), and love things Danish.
- The Danes know how to do licorice properly (not too strong - just right for my tastes). I'm not a big licorice fan in general, but I don't think I'm going to share my candy!!!
- The paper ornament made my day - I visited Denmark in 2013 and 2014 and have ornaments from those trips, so this will keep the years going! (Guess I need to head back in 2016!)
- I was shocked to see the Ericofon. Although I only have a couple, it's one of my favorite phone models (my Swedish Grandmother had one in her bedroom when I was growing up).

Thank you, Secret Santa! (I'm pretty sure I know who it is [flyvende ko] - the FT Santas on the wrapping and other posts gave it away...)

Jim
Bonus Pictures:
My Royal Guard visits with other Danish Christmas Ornaments: a couple of trees and kids, and 4 Hoptimist Reindeer and Santa Bumble.

The "New Kid on the Block" Persian Gray from Denmark [LM Ericsson] meets other family members: Swedish-American brother Charcoal Gray [LM Ericsson] and American cousins Mandarin Red, Crystal Mint and Candle Glow [North Electric].
Yes to both! I guess next time I should change the wrapping paper in between Santees

Compubit, I am thrilled that you like the phone. I wasn't sure if I would be able to find something like that, so I resorted to go into several shops asking for old phones. And there it was!

Redhead and Mini Redhead, it was a pleasure to be your Santa again this year. I hope you like your gifts when you get to the unwrapping frenzy
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:27 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
In no way is this a problem for me....

I hope you are able to make the best of your Christmas.

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
So excited!! Got a parcel from my SS in Hong Kong yesterday!

Sorry wharvey, I will not be able to update Santa on what was received until Christmas. Ordinarily, I am all for opening presents the second I get them, but this Christmas is not an easy one for me, my FT SS gifts are the only ones that anyone will be buying for me, so I am sorry, but they will be saved to give me a small bit of cheer on Christmas Day. I understand this makes your job a little trickier, but I hope you understand.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:37 am

Thanks so much SteveHK!

I just got my Secret Santa gifts from SteveHK. Love them! I am collector of playing cards, and I got a vintage TWA deck and a vintage NWA deck (that one was even sealed!). They are amazing. Also thrown in was an Arabic Gold Foil deck.

I had noted that I was building a home theater and a bar and love Guinness so he send me a Guinness bar mat and a full size poster of one of my favorite movies, Point Break (the original, not the lame remake ).

What a great set of gifts! Thanks so much SteveHK!

P.S. This was my first year dong the FT SS, and I will definitely be back next year.

Happy Holidays to all!
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Got the second part of my gift from onfo

- Mud coffee. It sounds like dark roast, which I love.
- UA Amenity kit
- SA Amenity kit
- Handwritten note.

And yes, I do like those amenity kits. I haven't been able to travel overseas for awhile, and won't be able to do it for at least another year, so I travel vicariously through others .

Last edited by MrDplus; Dec 22, 2015 at 12:49 pm Reason: Didn't credit the right person. I hope I have the right one now.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by MrDplus
Got the second part of my gift from steveman518
That I can assure you is not from me
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:10 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I was going to post that when I got the private message, but though I would wait...

Originally Posted by steveman518
That I can assure you is not from me
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AC, UA, HH, MR, and the other usual suspects

Arrived in California very late last night after a rain delay heading into SFO.

Arrived at my mother's to find a SS package waiting for me: beautiful blue yarn from Tusken Knits.

Many thanks to Deds1! I love the colour and it is very bright and cheery on this grey day. Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA, DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by wharvey
I was going to post that when I got the private message, but though I would wait...
Oops I hope I have the right person this time.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
The Golfer told me that I had a package that showed up this weekend from Wisconsin (strangely when I was in Wisconsin.) Based on various clues, I'm guessing that this Secret Santa is GRBFlyer. Thank you very much.

There is:
USS Enterprise Pizza cutter (which is absolutely gorgeous!)
Commander Spock golf driver head cover
Ford Truck Packers themed Die cast model
A Packer's can coozie
some candy and holiday crackers.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:56 pm

Programs: AC
Got a package in the mail from Michigan. Almost giddy with excitement and can't wait for Thursday to open all 4 gifts up! Pictures will be up shortly after that!!!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: AA PLT Pro, Marriott Lifetime PLT
I received my two gifts- a very cool US Airways Arizona livery A319 Gemini model and a "History of US Airways" book. Thanks Secret Santa!

EDIT: Came home today to find my next package- a stack of very cool Vintage playing cards including Eastern, Braniff, American and a United bicentennial deck.

Last edited by malexander131; Dec 23, 2015 at 1:10 pm Reason: Got more gifts!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: Santa's Workshop
Santa wharvey has authorized me to release this.
http://www.noradsanta.org/

You'll be able to keep tabs of Jolly Old Saint Nick on Christmas eve. What a shame that he won't earn miles for his RTW trip.

Have a safe trip!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
I didnt want to send that pizza cutter. It looks awesome.

Merry Christmas
Go Pack Go!

Originally Posted by WIRunner
The Golfer told me that I had a package that showed up this weekend from Wisconsin (strangely when I was in Wisconsin.) Based on various clues, I'm guessing that this Secret Santa is GRBFlyer. Thank you very much.

There is:
USS Enterprise Pizza cutter (which is absolutely gorgeous!)
Commander Spock golf driver head cover
Ford Truck Packers themed Die cast model
A Packer's can coozie
some candy and holiday crackers.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP and 1MM, UA 1K, HH Lifetime Diamond
Received a nice Amazon gift card from Nicksterguy. Thank you very much. Looking forward to using it to get some Kindle books to read on my many trips.

I have heard from all five of my Secret Santas and am grateful for their great gifts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.