Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: steveman518
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Revived a great package today

Had a great surprise when I arrived home today. Thank you to my Secret Santa from Amherht MA.

Old Dec 18, 2015, 6:04 pm

Programs: AC 25k
Mrs. YQMYMM received a parcel for me today, it was a present from my Secret Santa!

I received the Star Wars X-Wing Miniatures game that I've been dreaming about and an expansion pack!

Thank you Secret Santa!!!

Last edited by YQMYMM; Dec 18, 2015 at 6:10 pm Reason: Image resizing
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: FB Platinum
It's great to see so many presents received so far! I can't wait to see some of my 'Santees' posting here, hope the Post behaves properly.

Due to work / flight schedule changes I won't be home next Wednesday as planned, but Saturday after Xmas However I have made arrangements home so that any shipments are picked up from the post office before I get there. That means I won't be able to update on gifts received until after Xmas, but on the other hand it's a sure way to ensure I don't open them beforehand
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:30 am

So excited!! Got a parcel from my SS in Hong Kong yesterday!

Sorry wharvey, I will not be able to update Santa on what was received until Christmas. Ordinarily, I am all for opening presents the second I get them, but this Christmas is not an easy one for me, my FT SS gifts are the only ones that anyone will be buying for me, so I am sorry, but they will be saved to give me a small bit of cheer on Christmas Day. I understand this makes your job a little trickier, but I hope you understand.
Old Dec 19, 2015, 6:48 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Looks like a certain Head Elf needs to be punished... oh wait... he might just like it!

Originally Posted by HeadElf53
Dearest Lisa, The Headelf hasn't seen you in a while. Feel free to post a picture of you modeling your outfit. If you feel it's not suitable for Flyertalk, you can e mail it to me instead.

HE53
Old Dec 19, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by 380fanatic
Thank you very much to my mystery santa from Ohio! I saw your request to save until the 25th, but I'm in NYC this weekend and then turning around and heading to Europe.

They generously included:
  • An A380 model plane
  • Emergency Rip Cord key ring
  • Some local wine
  • Candle from Australia
  • Some buckeyes from a local town

Very excited by everything and enjoyed the whole secret santa experience!

-380fanatic

I am glad they arrived and that you like them. Enjoy NYC and Europe!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 19, 2015 at 11:38 am Reason: Cut out broken link to image; fixed quote tags NBR
Old Dec 19, 2015, 12:35 pm
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Surprise today from SS#2: a brand new fancy ICE microphone! I can't help but wonder if SS#2 knows about FT4RL and that I desperately need one for #4. Thanks so much!
Old Dec 19, 2015, 2:35 pm

Just got my first gift! And I couldn't wait to open it.
The box it was sent in and wrapping was so, cute. There were the little Flyertalk santa icons all around.

I loved the gifts inside. I had requested socks! I love socks. These will be great for winter and boot season. A handmade ornament with a cat. Black and white like my cat Knuckles. And some awesome organic bath and body stuff. Which I can't wait to use. Very thoughtful and much appreciated. Santa was anonymous so, can't personally thank her. But, I think I may have an idea. I may have had you last year. Flyingcow?

Last edited by miko2a; Dec 19, 2015 at 2:44 pm
Old Dec 19, 2015, 3:50 pm

Got a great book about comedians in the mail today! Can't wait to read it!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 3:17 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by miko2a
Just got my first gift! And I couldn't wait to open it.
The box it was sent in and wrapping was so, cute. There were the little Flyertalk santa icons all around.

I loved the gifts inside. I had requested socks! I love socks. These will be great for winter and boot season. A handmade ornament with a cat. Black and white like my cat Knuckles. And some awesome organic bath and body stuff. Which I can't wait to use. Very thoughtful and much appreciated. Santa was anonymous so, can't personally thank her. But, I think I may have an idea. I may have had you last year. Flyingcow?
Awwwwww... That was a fast outing! Yes, it's me, and I'm delighted you like your presents. I'm at work right now and things could be better out here, so your post has put a big smile on my face. Enjoy!
Old Dec 20, 2015, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver

Yay, first present received. First thing first FedEx sucks monkey butt because one of the bottles broke and ruined the box and gift wrapped presents. Which left me no choice but to open my present (I didn't want to subscribe to the Kipper school of opening presents before Christmas this year but the universe had other plans).

Lisa sent six different holiday beers, jello shots, a shot glass silicon mold and an awesome card (I'm drinking beer right now as I write this and it's delicious). I will make a serious attempt to drink the rest on or after Christmas but I make no guarantees.

Thank you so much! I shall drink responsibly and share with the nice relatives (maybe).
Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
My package was waiting for me in the mail room when I got back from my trip today. Nice surprise.

Two bottles that have a string of lights in each of them. The blue one goes great on my bar. I really like them.

Thanks!

Old Dec 20, 2015, 6:59 pm

My second gift.

Thank you TokyoFoodie,

The first part of my gift arrived and so I put in under the tree but when the second gift arrived I promptly opened it to find a pound of English Toffee from Littlejohns candies. I can't wait to try it out.

The second part of my gift arrived with a beautiful card a wash cloth and a clementine ( from St. Nicholas ?). Seeing that I decided the present couldn't just go under the tree and so I opened the neatly wrapped box to find a Pampermint Foot care set.

Happy Holidays to you as well.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Dec 22, 2015 at 12:44 pm Reason: trying to make the image show; resized image and fixed link - NBR
Old Dec 20, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingCow
Awwwwww... That was a fast outing! Yes, it's me, and I'm delighted you like your presents. I'm at work right now and things could be better out here, so your post has put a big smile on my face. Enjoy!
Then you must be mine too, FlyingCow! I received both the boxes yesterday and the presents are under the tree. Mini Redhead knows one is for her and is excited to open it on Christmas morning.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 8:02 pm

Programs: Southwest, Delta, Hyatt & IHG
Second Secret Santa Package Received

Good evening,
I received my second secret Santa package late last week.

Thank you for thinking of my daughter too.

I received travel bag, Regal gift cards (these will go to good use), small zip up bag, travel journal, holiday coffee, Frozen brush, pink blush light up bug and card.

Thank you so much.

Sandra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.