Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > CommunityBuzz
Reload this Page >

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Is It That Time? The Official 2015 Secret Santa Announcement!

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 19, 16, 4:10 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: steveman518
Wiki Link
Please remember to PM wharvey both when you ship your gifts (with contents and tracking for each recipient) and when you receive your gifts (with contents and a name for your santa if possible)!

Posting photos:
Alternatively: Upload your image to somewhere on the internet (a list can be found in the wiki here, and I also can recommend imgur). Once the image is uploaded, right click on the image (control-click or click with two fingers for those of you with macs), click on "copy image URL". Then in your post in this thread, paste the image URL that you previously copied between two image tags, so the result looks like:
[img]your URL here[/img]

There is no "gifts sent" part this time around-PM your sent gifts to wharvey! (though feel free to post it in the thread)

Gifts Received
Please please please PM wharvey when you have received/opened your gifts!
Include pictures if you can-and please only link to posts once you have unwrapped your gifts!
380fanatic #1
98103 #1 #2
balima #1 #2 #3
BillScann #1
BunE #1
BXIAN #1 (part 2) #2 #3
canforce #1 #2 #3
Catch330 #1 #2
Catman #1
CDTraveler #1 (part 2) #2
ckidder331 #1
compubit #1 #2 #3
CPH-Flyer #1 #2
danam #1 #2
Deds1 #1 #2
DevilDawg1960 #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
dibby #1 #2 #3
diburning #1
erikatcuse #1
eunduklee #1 #2
extramileage #1 #2
fadynaime #1
flipsta #1 #2 #3
Fleyem2thamoun #1
FlyingCow #1 #2 #3 #4
Fragola #1 #2 (part 2) #3 (part 2)
Gberg #1
Glamette #1 #2
grbflyer #1 #2
gsch #1 #2
hijiji #1
jamesteroh #1
Jinxy #1 #2 #3
jturner7 #1
kauppias #1 #2
kenme1 #1
KimmyAA #1 #2
kipper #1 #2 #3
levenhopper #1 #2 (part 1) #3 #4 #5 #6
Lisabeth #1 #2 #3
lisamcgu #1 (part 2)
Litning77 #1 #2
LM225 #1 #2
lukasvolker #1 #2
madguy2 #1
malexander131 #1
Marcia3641 #1 #2
mdovenmuehler #1
MiffSC #1 #2 #3
miko2a #1
Mileage Lover #1 #2
missydarlin #1
MrDPlus #1 (part 2) #2 #3 (picture)
nomadic.relief #1 #2
oenophilist #1 #2 (pictures)
ohlradio #1
oliver2002 #1
onfo #1 #2
onthewaytoadventure #1 #2
pbjag #1 #2
poohbear808 #1
PSUPaul#1 #2
Redhead #1 #2 (part 2) #3 #4 #5 (part 2)
#6 #7
RockinRon #1 #2
rxfleming #1 #2 #3 #4
sahiljain22 #1
samosa #1 #2
sandratravels #1 #2
santina91 #1 #2
SDQBound #1
Shuttle_Endeavour #1 #2
SteveHK #1
steveman518 #1 (part 2) #2 #3 #4
singtx #1 (pictures)
taseas #1
theacendahole #1 #2
The Deal Mommy #1 #2
thehowieee #1 #2 #3
thorpeflyer #1 #2
TokyoFoodie #1 #2 #3 #4
tzvilev #1 #2 #3 #4
vvbkumar #1
WhatTheMiguel #1
WIRunner #1 (part 2) #2
YQMYMM #1 #2
YVRorange #1
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 14, 15, 2:34 pm

Deds1 is an Awesome Secret Santa

After receiving my personally delivered package (it's good to be neighbors), I vowed that I would hold off on opening it until the last night of Hanukah. I made it to the 6th night before the temptation got to me.

Thanks Deds1 for all the awesome goodies. My pup kidnapped the toy immediately and has hidden it in her very special hiding place where only the favorites are allowed. And I promptly tucked the wine and chocolate away from my kids and husband!

Old Dec 14, 15, 4:08 pm

Came home to a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant and a Pizza John shirt, which I'm very excited about! Not sure if they are from the same Santa, so thanks Santa(s)!

Also opened up my gift from DevilDawg1960: A beautiful mug and some Hanukkah chocolates! Thank you so much!
Old Dec 14, 15, 6:43 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Secret Santa KSinNYC

Hello my Secret Santa,

Thank you very much for the gifts. They are much appreciated and I am glad that you had fun shopping and shipping in San Francisco. :-).

TokyoFoodie

https://www.instagram.com/p/_S1trJGg...n-by=nicsfinds
Old Dec 14, 15, 6:52 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Secret Sant KSinnyc

Here is a shot of the gifts.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/membe...-number-2.html
Old Dec 14, 15, 9:59 pm

Thank you, thank you Secret Santa from Down Under!
Exactly what I wished for! I opened it early because I am leaving for the holidays, but as soon as I get back, I will get the smoker going and perfect my BBQ.
My first year participating and it has been a blast.
Old Dec 15, 15, 12:00 am

Programs: AA, LM, Etihad Guest Gold, Honors Plat, IHG Ambassador, Star Alliance Gold,
Another gift received for me today, not sure where from, however the most beautiful packaging and inside the two boxes two gifts just perfect for me:
2015 Holiday Barbie and Dolls of the world Barbie China. Neither I have and they will be most treasured and loved for my collection....I am just so over the moon! (Can't upload a pic as I'm out at the moment).
Thank you, thank you!!!!
Old Dec 15, 15, 12:03 am

Programs: AA, LM, Etihad Guest Gold, Honors Plat, IHG Ambassador, Star Alliance Gold,
Originally Posted by hijiji View Post
Thank you, thank you Secret Santa from Down Under!
Exactly what I wished for! I opened it early because I am leaving for the holidays, but as soon as I get back, I will get the smoker going and perfect my BBQ.
My first year participating and it has been a blast.
I'll out myself here as I am just so happy everything made it in one piece and nothing got stopped by customs. Japan apparantly has restrictions on spices and I was really worried as I conveyed in a message to wharvey when I shipped it. So glad you like it! Have a great time using everything!
Old Dec 15, 15, 12:26 am

I received a copy of "The Late Scholar" shipped to me by Amazon and unfortunately the slip inside doesn't say who sent it. Was it from one of my Secret Santas? If so, know it was appreciated and is going in my suitcase for an upcoming vacation.
Old Dec 15, 15, 1:04 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by ohlradio View Post
Hello everyone,

I am SOOOO happy this arrived safe and sound. The trouble i had getting this shipped to you
Old Dec 15, 15, 6:27 am

Programs: AC
Third gift was received late last week apologies for the delay in posting it. Not sure who it came from yet but it arrived via UPS from BC.

I will look forward to opening it and the others on Christmas eve when I get home, and promise to post pictures then.
Old Dec 15, 15, 8:13 am
Formerly known as ahoban

Programs: BA Silver, Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus
Finally got confirmation today that my first gift is being prepared to ship to Switzerland, had to go local for this one as it's extremely hard to ship alcohol out of Ireland for some reason. Card gone in the post today to add a small personal touch.

Second gift awaiting collection, headed to France with plenty of Irish-ness inside the box!

Marks all my gifts for SS and also family complete, so I'm off to relax
Old Dec 15, 15, 8:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by RockinRon View Post
My two packages were shipped yesterday via UPS as I learned that USPS cannot ship wine. This is my first year of participating and hope both of my US based recipients like what they will get.

I also received a package from a Santa based in Singapore! That's one of my favorite places to visit and it will be tough to wait for Christmas to open it! I will post pics once the day arrives.
Actually, USPS will not ship wine (knowingly). However, if they don't know it is in the box, it'll still get sent.
Old Dec 15, 15, 9:18 am

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, Avis Prefered
Done!

Finished my shopping over the weekend, packed up yesterday, taken to UPS today! I just sent my messages to Santa. All done!

Now I just realized I posted here about my one gift received but I did not PM a thanks to my Santa, bad PSUPaul! I will do that now.
Old Dec 15, 15, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Thankfully the first gift has arrived at the "Overseas Delivery Facilities Awaiting Pickup" AKA -- go get yer stuff.

The second gift is awaiting something coming off back order, but at this point i've about given up waiting. It should arrive this week/early next. The second gifts should be arrive at their new home on Thursday.

Last edited by WIRunner; Dec 15, 15 at 11:45 am
Old Dec 15, 15, 11:36 am

Most gifts sent

Have sent the main gifts to one recipient and all gifts to the other. Just one small bonus item still to ship - if I can find it in the holiday chaos that is my house!

Search this Thread